Kwadwo Asamoah (298 Viewers)

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
I agree with that, he's a 'real' fullback. What I don't agree with is saying he is a better attacker when played as a fullback. It actually makes no sense, when his job as a wingback is much more attacking.
When he's a wing back he's actually the only winger on the right side which means he has to defend more. So his duties are mainly defensive. When he's a fullback he's got some back up let's say in Pepe. It gives Licht some chances to move forward while Pepe can take a bit more defensive position (I mean he's closer to our defense). It's about duties not a point marked on a paper.

Buy on AliExpress.com

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
When he's a wing back he's actually the only winger on the right side which means he has to defend more. So his duties are mainly defensive. When he's a fullback he's got some back up let's say in Pepe. It gives Licht some chances to move forward while Pepe can take a bit more defensive position (I mean he's closer to our defense). It's about duties not a point marked on a paper.
usually most European teams have 2 players on the wings of the pitch with one being defensive and one being attack-minded. however in 3-5-2 you only have 1 player on the wing so he has to do both jobs therefore he has to be good (that's why peluso is crap). the advantage on having this is that we can put an extra man in defense and an extra man in the center forward role, compared to a 4-3-3. i would give it 1 more shot at the champions league but i would first buy a left wing back of litchsteiner's quality.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I think the problem comes from our strikers having to sprint back towards our defense when we're being pressed. When the opposition is playing passively, it's easy for them to receive the ball, Mirko does it all the time.

But there are games in particular like Lazio in the Coppa, Bayern, Fiorentina, Inter, Celtic (at times) where the opposition is pressing and our backline + Pirlo is very deep creating a huge gap between them and the strikers. Then it's basically a race for the ball between our strikers and the CBs who are running through their backs. It's very uncomfortable for a striker to play like that IMO and so hard to get it right.

I think that's why Conte tinkered with that 3-5-1-1 at the end of the year.
I do think Juve play too many balls into the feet of the strikers and it can get a little predictable and easier for the defender to read the ball that's going to be played.

The key thing for me is to ensure that Juve - whether it is with a forward or a midfielder playing behind the main striker - always play in a 3-5-1-1 shape. That makes it much harder for the defenders to be tight to both forwards than it is for them when both striker play up against the last line of defence.

I would also like to see Juve make more of an effort to get a forward running beyond the opposition defence. If the defence knows there is a danger of the ball being played behind them, they are going to be far more reticent about charging forward to press a striker who has dropped deep to take the ball to feet.

Except when he gets dispossessed. And in the last 2 seasons, he's had the highest dispossession rate in our team.
:cry:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It means he has to attack and defend more, that's what a wingback does - covers that entire wing. The stats also point to this.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
ßöмßäяðîëя;4279803 said:
Asssssamover sucks because he's black, period.

That's the only reason he plays, because of the anti-racism slant, he's taking up a spot on the field a better white, jewish, zionist could take.
A'int no million man march in Turin, foo'!

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Average game. Had a good effort with the diving header and made a good play on Gabbiadini at the end, tucking way inside to help the defence and come away with the ball.

Carlos Primera

Il Vecchio Signore
Mar 29, 2009
ßöмßäяðîëя;4279803 said:
Asssssamover sucks because he's black, period.

That's the only reason he plays, because of the anti-racism slant, he's taking up a spot on the field a better white, jewish, zionist could take.
You'd call your therapist if Asamoa took a leak next to you.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
Lets not analyse the tonight's performance of Asamoah and the other players. This was one of those games that you win by brute force, not by free-flowing, fluid play. We were playing away to Sampdoria (who we havent beaten for so long) and the weather was awful......... I have no complaints about tonight at all.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 297)