Kwadwo Asamoah (61 Viewers)

Jan 22, 2016
I still remember his first 2 season with us. He was such a monster in that left back.
Unfortunately that knee injury ruined his career.

Best wishes to this guy. Always humble and worked hard here. He deserves that last pay rise he is getting in that shithole.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
He never was this "monster" as LB, where is this myth keeps coming from?
He made Seria A team of the year, yes, but so is Armero, Balzaretti, DeS before him.

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
He was very impressive and well rounded in his abilities, and he only seemed to get better. He could maybe have been as influental as Vidal became for us. A true Juve player. Super hardworking, modest, skillful and powerful.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
He was great for a team that won Seria A, but couldn't compete in Europe.
A loyal servant, did his job as best as he could, but never a monster, or wc. Same goes for Licht btw.
Agree about Asamoah for sure. But prime Licht was another beast altogether. His defensive ability was unmatched in 11-12 to 13-14 (even 14-15) and his forward runs onto Pirlo long balls were a thing of beauty.

Last edited:

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Agree about Asamoah for sure. But prime Licht was another beast altogether. His defensive ability was unmatched in 11-12 and 12-13, and his forward runs onto Pirlo long balls were a thing of beauty.
Again loyal servant, good defender, champion etc. But he was useless in offense except when he was a recipient of Pirlo magic. He couldn't cross to save his life. He couldn't beat his man. Hell, Licht couldn't pass, opposition teams just trapped him and Licht just hoofed it somewhere if we are lucky.
He is a poors man Torricelli – a tireless worker, fans champion, doesn't have a story of Moreno though, and Morenos Juve was a powerhouse in CL.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Can't blame him for his constant string of injuries nor the numerous contract extensions that the Club kept giving him over the past 7 seasons.

But mans been garbage since Udi days

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Not true. He was initially very good, declined, was decent, declined more had brief reprieve of being solid, declined again and was justifiably not renewed.
He was very good for us up until his injury in late 2014 (against Olympiakos I think it was). Basically missed two years of football, and he was pretty decent for us as a stand in for Alex Sandro last season, but wasn’t anywhere near as good going forward as he kinda was in his younger days. We essentially swapped Asamoah with Cancelo, Shinter Merda getting fucked again by us. It never gets old.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
He was very good for a while before his injury. But people didn't like the fact he would not maraud forward and ping crosses in.

I actually thought he was getting back to a good level by the end of last season, but by then it was too late for any contract extension. Still too good for Inter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 60)