Kuffour? (2 Viewers)

delbecko

Feb 6, 2004
oh come on !

kuffour is okay but not good enough for juve :groan:

i never liked him so please don't sign him ! we need a worldclass cb as cannavaro, campbell or ujifalusi, but the last one sign for fiorentina :fero:

we need oddo and cannavaro as the first choice...

and i think we shoul give legrottaglie a second chance ! he can do things much better then last year !

look at this defense:

oddo, thuram, cannavaro, zambrotta

benchplayer: zebina for oddo, legrottaglie, montero (yes i like him) and at least chiellini for zambrotta

nice, really nice :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by kurvengeflüster ] ++
poor Buffon ;) ... can you remember when he knocked out Kahn? :D
Yes, that was absolutely hilarious :D
++ [ originally posted by Dominic ] ++
You know, I really think it's time for this Mexes- and Ferrari worshipping to end.
Yes, I see your point entirely and I agree that they shouldn't be made too much of at this point in time, but it's clear to a blind man that they'd be much better signings than Kuffour, who is an average defender at best, and doesn't have much time left in his career to prove otherwise.

On the other hand, you have these two extremely highly rated youngsters who, despite having the potential to fail miserably, at least have enough years left in their careers to improve.

My point is not that Mexes and Ferrari are the best players in the world, but to be beaten to such promising young players by 'bankrupt' Roma when we desperately need a bolstering in our defence, really hasn't shown me that we've got high ambitions for the coming season, and as a Juve fan, frankly that pisses me off.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I want a Thuram--Ujfalusi--Cannavaro--Zambrotta
I trust CM with Ujfalusi and about Cannavaro he is old and I don`t rate him as a world class altough he is very good but we don`t have many options...

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Espectro ] ++
Ujfalusi sign for Fiorentina... so I guess your wish will not come true...
Ok so Bonera instead cause they are the best left in the tranfer market

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I watch the Bundesliga every Saturady, and all I can say is that Kuffour is hardly a defender that can lead a backline, let alone be a force. He's no Campbell, thats for sure. But Campbell isn't that good anyway. :undecide:

And Bonera is not dogshit. He wouldn't have recieved such praise by the media if he was.

Nekton

Oct 22, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
And Bonera is not dogshit. He wouldn't have recieved such praise by the media if he was.
Just my opinion and I don't think you'll find that many parma-fans that think different either :)

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
From what I have seen him with Bayern in CL in all those years - I like him. He is a solid pro who doesnt put a foot wrong. Nothing spectacular but then again specatular has come to haunt us last year. *cough* Thuram, Legro *cough*. Nonetheless, if Capello is intent on playing Kuffor and Thuram partnership in 4-4-2 system, I would be very worried. Both of them are stopper and not sweeper. We badly need a young gun who can organize the defence Mexes, and Ferrari to partner Lillian, and frankly all the best ones are gone and we are scrapping for bones.

Len

Feb 13, 2004
Is Mexes officially a Roma player yet?

I never saw a report of his move officially yet.......is there a chance that the move could still collapse?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)