Kostas Manolas - CB - Roma (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Manolas is the best defender we can get at this point. As long as he benches Bonucci im fine with it. I cant stand captain Bonucci another season.
Manolas has a lot of pace too, which would be nice considering our backline has been pretty damn slow for the last few years. Benatia, Bonucci, Rugani all pretty slow.

I'm fine with Bonucci staying and fighting for a starting spot alongside Chiellini... He'd also do a lot better (when Chiellini is out injured) beside Manolas instead of another passive defender in Rugani.

Hope we bring in Romero too. Having Chiellini, Bonucci, Manolas, Romero, Rugani would be a big upgrade to our CBs, add a lot of balls and aggression, and finally get some planning for the future going.

- - - Updated - - -

We need 2 defenders (1 starter quality and 1 squad player) and one excellent CM. We should go all in for Ndombele.
Would you be happy with Manolas + Romero?

Buy on AliExpress.com

tvrtko

Mar 14, 2019
Who would be your preference for CB? Varane, De Ligt, Manolas, Umtiti, Milenkovic or someone else?

Also, would you sell Bonucci for 30 million?
I'd go for: Varane, Manolas, Milenkovic and then Umtiti
I'll exclude de Ligt cuz he's def. going to barsa, but otherwise he'd be either infront of Varane or second to him.

Objectively - would not sell Bonucci, but also I'm not comfy with him being our CB starter and leader in defense - sign good CBs, and let him prove himself just as many others in this team have to do.

- - - Updated - - -

:agree:
how do you think he would preform partnering with Chiellini, too similar? or would they gel
Rock solid: Manolas + Chiello >> Bon + Chiello

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Manolas has given his complete approval for the move to Juventus. Paratici is now making a final evaluation of two aspects before taking the final decision: 1) the player's physical shape. 2) the player's character. The 36m release clause is exercisable from July 1st. (CorTorino)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Excellent signing. After watching rugani and bonucci this season i am stoked for manolas.

So is this backline enough for next season or do we need uno mas hombre?

Its certainly enough CBs for a 4 man backline but if we switch back to 3-5-2? I think priority should still be 1 more top quality CM over another CB considering we can deputize de sciglio or Can at RCB in a 3 man backline.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Excellent signing. After watching rugani and bonucci this season i am stoked for manolas.

So is this backline enough for next season or do we need uno mas hombre?

Its certainly enough CBs for a 4 man backline but if we switch back to 3-5-2? I think priority should still be 1 more top quality CM over another CB considering we can deputize de sciglio or Can at RCB in a 3 man backline.
That Genoa lad is coming I guess or a similar profile player.

Running a back 4 we definitely need 5 CBs especially since we rotate so much and one of them is a massive injury risk

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
If we sign both Manolo and Romero, I think we'll extend Caceres' contract and sell (probably) Rugani.

With Chiello and Leo B as the first picks (at least initially), Rugani, Manolas and Romero are three costly players to have vying for scarce minutes.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
If we sign both Manolo and Romero, I think we'll extend Caceres' contract and sell (probably) Rugani.

With Chiello and Leo B as the first picks (at least initially), Rugani, Manolas and Romero are three costly players to have vying for scarce minutes.
Romero is only 20 so it would probably make the most sense to agree a value now but leave him at genoa for another year or two ala Caldara.

I dont think we need more than 4 CBs (plus maybe caceres) unless the plan is to use 3 man backline

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012

Rugani is here to stay. He just recently extended his contract and earns 3m plus bonuses.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Romero is only 20 so it would probably make the most sense to agree a value now but leave him at genoa for another year or two ala Caldara.

I dont think we need more than 4 CBs (plus maybe caceres) unless the plan is to use 3 man backline
Es posible

Rugani is here to stay. He just recently extended his contract and earns 3m plus bonuses.
Contract extensions just mean that the club can hold on to a player it doesn't want to lose (and more job security for the player), but doesn't really prevent the club from selling if the player is also willing.

But yeah, he'll stay if we leave Romero on loan.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Es posible

Contract extensions just mean that the club can hold on to a player it doesn't want to lose (and more job security for the player), but doesn't really prevent the club from selling if the player is also willing.

But yeah, he'll stay if we leave Romero on loan.
His salary is the problem.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
:agree:
how do you think he would preform partnering with Chiellini, too similar? or would they gel
I think they would be great. Chiellini is actually smarter than any partner Manolas has or ever will play with. I think those days of CB partnerships with drastic differences are a bit in the past to be honest. I think both CBs should run and tackle first and foremost.

It also lets you play more aggressively and press higher and also to counter press when you lose the ball. Because both Manolas and Chiellini can attack the ball around midfield, while the other can cover with their pace. I think I prefer that type of partnership to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)