Kluivert vs. Trezeguet (1 Viewer)

Juvefreak

Aug 25, 2002
Why are there so many Juvefans who would prefer Kluivert??
I can't understand it!!

Last year Trezeguet was one big reasen, why Juve won the Scudetto und this year after his injury he scored also many important goals, especially against Real!!!!

We saw, that Kluivert isn't very good in important games (against Juve for example :D), but Trezegol is always there and scores many goals!!!

Forza Juve!! Forza Trezegol!!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Juvefreak ] ++
We saw, that Kluivert isn't very good in important games (against Juve for example :D)
brilliant! post of the year I retract my initial statements Trez is god

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Kluivert misses but almost every shot from Trez gets in
Trez is the best finisher in the world if we sell him we should get a lot more talented striker than him like Adriano

jamaliano

Dec 7, 2002
Kluivert!!!! to hell with him. I will prefer van Nistelroy to Trez though. Only him and Vieri i think can do a better job. Vieri is aging so........... and van Nistelroy........well you all know him.

jamaliano

Dec 7, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++

In Holland, strikers grow up in luxury. It's OK if you miss a couple of chances because there will be about a dozen more.
Defences are weak and the entire team comes up behind you for support when in ball posession and on the attack.

In Italy, you may only get one or two shots and you have to score at least one goal. This is where most Dutch strikers fail. If you watch a couple of matches with players such as Kluivert, you'll see that they need more chances to score than players like Trezeguet or Vieri.

I believe this is the reason that Kluivert has failed before in Serie A and would fail again. With the few exceptions to confirm the rule, most Dutch strikers and forwards could never and still can't make it in Italy.

This reason is also part of the goal-scoring problem with the Dutch NT but that's another topic.

this is not a dutch thing. Its what sieves the men from the boys. Van Basten succeeded in Italy.....he was top class. van Nistelroy will succeed(Iam certain) coz he is top class. ronaldo, Batistuta, Crespo and many more succeeded coz they are all top class. Kluivert is crap. He's finishing is simply too horrible

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by jamaliano ] ++
this is not a dutch thing. Its what sieves the men from the boys. Van Basten succeeded in Italy.....he was top class. van Nistelroy will succeed(Iam certain) coz he is top class. ronaldo, Batistuta, Crespo and many more succeeded coz they are all top class. Kluivert is crap. He's finishing is simply too horrible
Van Basten is the exception that confirms the rule. He was also quite young still when he came to Milan whereas Van Nistelrooy is already used to attacking play etc. because he has played in Holland so long and now two season in England. He would never adjust to Serie A anymore!

Kluivert isn't crap btw ... The all-time topscorer of the Dutch NT can't possibly be crap!

jamaliano

Dec 7, 2002
Kluivert is too overpaid and too overrated. The dutch NT, a team I admire and really support, will have done a better job with J. F. Hasseilbank as the striker. Partner him with Ruud and they will simply be too deadly.

And by the way, even in spain, Kluivert has not been very successful. Ruud's finishing in the EPL and CL has been world class. World class players can always play football in any league.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
I agree that he's been underperforming of late but there's your key-word exactly: underperforming. Which means he can do much better! Now, if you want to call a player crap when he doesn't match his own standards, then by all means, call Kluivert crap but I think that's an exaggeration.

My pick for the Dutch NT would be Makaay and Van Nistelrooy btw. Hasselbaink seems to have lost form a bit this season...

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
jamaliano called Kluivert crap, since he was so off form, and suggested jimmy as a replacement for the NT, who is also off form, therefore......

oh nevermind :rolleyes::D:p

jamaliano

Dec 7, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
I agree that he's been underperforming of late but there's your key-word exactly: underperforming. Which means he can do much better! Now, if you want to call a player crap when he doesn't match his own standards, then by all means, call Kluivert crap but I think that's an exaggeration.

My pick for the Dutch NT would be Makaay and Van Nistelrooy btw. Hasselbaink seems to have lost form a bit this season...

I havent really seen Kluivert play to a high level consistently. I hated him in WC 98 against Brazil where he decided to waste 3000 chances b4 he scored the equaliser. I like Barcelona too. 2nd team to Juve for me and hope to God they get rid of him.

Makaay - van Nistelroy patnership will be wonderful. Haseilbank is slowly rusting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)