Kiev crisis / Euromaidan (48 Viewers)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
The West won't intervene militarily, this will essentially be an economic war, with the West implementing sanctions and freezing Russian assets.
Putin can win this if he gets China's support, which seems quite possible since they're now very close economic partners, with their recent energy deal.

America seems very weak diplomatically, Russia is brushing Obama's and Kerry's threats aside as if the USA was a second rate power. Obama is by far the weakest president of my lifetime, Putin owned him on the Syrian crisis and it looks like this will happen again.
To be fair the major powers pretty much cancel each other out. If the US wants to invade a nation, there's not much anyone can do about it. The same goes for Russia and China. Ask any southeast Asian nation how they like China constantly rewriting their lines of air space and taking over their fishing grounds. Or any subsaharan African oil nation how they like the China-Russo caused turmoil. Truth of the matter is there isn't much any of the big three can do to stop each other, unless they physically put troops on the playing field and play a fun game of "let's dance bitch" cold war style. Think about it, when Russia took over Georgia when Bush was president it's not like they ever left. They're still there. It is and will always be a war of pointless posturing. The Russians and Chinese hoping to look powerful and the US claiming some bullshit moral high ground.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
If they really wanted, they could intervene militarily on behalf of Poland. Give a united show of force, make the russians blink. But they can't even get economic sanctions going so that's not likely to happen.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I call it the EUSSR.

In terms of organization and functioning, it's basically the same. A bunch of unelected bureaucrats (EU Commission) running shit and suppressing democracy, trying to control everything.

I hope it falls.
Mostly by Belgians, as they don't have a real country.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 46)