Kevin Strootman - MC/DM - AS Roma (16 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
from the höwedes thread:

I think we have a good chance.

If we have 40mln to spend, and if we're going to offer it, I think Roma is going to accept it.

My brother tells me that Roma plays different now and that they would let him go while possibly investing in somebody else or giving the chance to Pellegrini.

A couple of days ago I said that I believe Strootman is our real and only target. I actually don't think we even consider Sanches and Gomes. I think we were interested in Can but I don't think we can sign him.

Hell, I might be wrong. We might not get him in the end. But at this point... yes. I think we can actually sign him even at this point of mercato.
:tup:

sure, he'd be a good signing, but i doubt roma, especially so late into the transfer window, would sell any of their starters to a rival team that has a weakness in that position. it's like we sold mandzukic to milan tomorrow so that he could play instead of borini. we'd buy him, he might be a target, but is he available at all?

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #163
    We have 0 open spots so any player in would require a player out. Imo if Strootman comes, Sturaro goes. If Keita comes, Cuadrado goes. If Howedes comes, Asamoah goes. If Spinazzola comes, Lichtsteiner goes. etc.
    Howedes and Asamoah are surely not linked together.

Howedes is a CB that can play as a RB, not as a LB.

So if Howedes comes and Asamoah leaves, we wouldn't have anyone on the left side bar Sandro.

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #165
    from the höwedes thread:

:tup:

sure, he'd be a good signing, but i doubt roma, especially so late into the transfer window, would sell any of their starters to a rival team that has a weakness in that position. it's like we sold mandzukic to milan tomorrow so that he could play instead of borini. we'd buy him, he might be a target, but is he available at all?
    I think he's available as long as we're holding 40mln cash.

And like I said, I think they'd give a chance to Pellegrini next to Radja. Plus they'd probably find a replacement too.

We'll see, dunno, just my 2 cent :p

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
    That's easy to answer.

Because we bought muscles in Matuidi. Now we could use some brain and somebody unique next to passes/creativty (Pjanic) and muscles (Matuidi).
    Yes but strootman is a very risky signing considering his knee problems and we have to bid 35 to 40 million euros so that Roma could consider selling him

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
    Am I the only one who dont rate Strootman at all. He seemed like a really promising player a couple of years ago but I cant see anything special in him now.

Would much rather go after Renato Sánches or even better Kovacic if we are thinking of adding another mid.

Liviu

Jan 10, 2015
    How many days of mercato left? They sold Paredes and bought Pellegrini and Gonalons...will they need another buy in order to let Strootman go?

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
    Howedes and Asamoah are surely not linked together.

Howedes is a CB that can play as a RB, not as a LB.

So if Howedes comes and Asamoah leaves, we wouldn't have anyone on the left side bar Sandro.
    MDS plays on the left, Howedes can too. Asamoah wants to leave and Agresti says he surely is leaving to Galata by the end of mercato.

If Spinazzola comes we don't need to sell anyone because he's home-grown and we would have 4 HG players with him, Pinsoglio, Marchisio and Rugani.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
    Sep 21, 2008
    Right now you would say MDS is the back up LB because Asamoah is not being called up. For example, if Alex Sandro got hurt against Genoa, Max would sub in MDS.

And he is using Barzagli behind Lichtsteiner right now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)