Keep Pippo out !!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
In the November issue of "Calcio Italia", there is an article by Antonio Labatte pleading with Trap to keep Pippo out of the lineup for Euro 2004.

Labatte states that Pippo doesnt fit into our 4-2-3-1 system, and feels that Pippo's goals against Wales should not justify switching back to the 4-4-2.

Vieri fits the lone striker role well, and "superpoacher" would not do too well all alone up front. He needs a strike partner who he can steal goals from, just ask Sheva !!!

Pippo is a good closer, if the ball falls in front of him, he can shoot it into the net. For him to make a few moves arond a few defender's would be asking too much !!

I dont dislike Pippo- he is what he is. But, no player is bigger than the team, and for the Azzurri to WIN, Pippo is not the best choice IMO

Buy on AliExpress.com

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
If Christian Vieri was playing like the Christian Vieri that we all know, then I would be inclined to agree with you.

However, I say that we ride the hot hand until Pippo is not in his current form.

My friend, it's pretty obvious you don' t like Inzaghi, you wouldn't call him a goal-stealer and a super poacher if you didn't dislike him.

OP
Vinman

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002
  • Thread Starter #3
    ++ [ originally posted by USA Juventini ] ++
    If Christian Vieri was playing like the Christian Vieri that we all know, then I would be inclined to agree with you.

However, I say that we ride the hot hand until Pippo is not in his current form.

My friend, it's pretty obvious you don' t like Inzaghi, you wouldn't call him a goal-stealer and a super poacher if you didn't dislike him.
    Honestly Serge, I dont dislike him !!

Something about the way he plays, i dont know, kind of reminds me of.... MYSELF ??!!!!!!! :confused::confused:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++

Honestly Serge, I dont dislike him !!

Something about the way he plays, i dont know, kind of reminds me of.... MYSELF ??!!!!!!! :confused::confused:
    Oh, so you're a goal-stealer??:D:D

Well, If I knew this earlier, I wouldn't have included you in my 1000th post dedication ;)

But seriously, given the way that Vieri has played, do you think that he should be starting ahead of Inzaghi?

Remember something else here, just like Lippi with Juve, Trap seems to have an embarrasment of riches at the forward positions. I hope that he's smart enough (and I'm saying this objectively because he WAS, after all, the manager of my beloved Fiorentina) to realize who's playing well and who isn't, and can adjust his lineup accordingly.

OP
    Vinman

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002
  • Thread Starter #5
    Sorry, a clarification- I am not a goal stealer, but rather, I am a goal poacher !!!

Hey, I only play in an amateur league, if I was that good, I'd be in Serie A right ???!!!!

I dont think Pippo has any more skill than I do, thats why I am not a big fan of his...

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++
    Sorry, a clarification- I am not a goal stealer, but rather, I am a goal poacher !!!

Hey, I only play in an amateur league, if I was that good, I'd be in Serie A right ???!!!!

I dont think Pippo has any more skill than I do, thats why I am not a big fan of his...

Yes, but you have a much more respectable profession, you protect lives.

Poach/ Steal

Tomato/Tomahtoe what's the difference??:D:D:D

OP
    Vinman

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002
  • Thread Starter #7
    Hey, if I had DP's skill, I wouldnt be here fighting crime, I'd be in Italy, fighting the women off of me !!!!!!!! :LOL::LOL:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Vinman u gotta tell us some cool stories from ur job, surely there's some :D

I liked Pippo when he played for Juve, and I stood up for him and his playing style (diving/cherrypicking). I still maintain that he's a good player, but then i guess i admit that he has those qualities in his game. Excellent finishing and positioning sense though. I think people underestimate how much of a skill it is to know where to be standing/running, having some intuition as to where the ball's gonna go next. As for Italy's attack, I'd like to see any combination of Del Piero, Vieri, Totti, Miccoli and Di Vaio. Now there's creativity

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    Well said gray.

Anyway just cos there's Inzaghi, doesn't mean the tactic goes to 4-4-2. He can still play with 4-3-1-2 which is quite balanced imo.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
    well i wont call it creativity, i call it sixth sense.

and yes he has no technique. my question is why do players from all over europe generally have average dribbling skills EXCEPT italy. especially in the attacking department. and its ridiculous!!!

i mean just look at the dutch

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    well, besdies vieri, which italian striker scores 20 plus goals per season?? inzaghi is the only player, and maybe Di Vaio if he keeps up his form.

i think Pippo is very much needed for change. if traps had to revert to the normal two strikers upfront and vieri got injured, i'd personally rather have inzaghi than say corradi or di vaio. especially if del piero is gonna partner him.

i think italy has a wide choice of forwards and with traps' formation, the likes of totti, del piero, cassano, miccoli, vieri, inzaghi, corradi and di vaio could very well all have a chance of making the squad.

players for behind strikers:
    totti, del piero, cassano, miccoli

strikers:
    vieri, inzaghi, corradi, di vaio

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Di Vaio has already shown that he can score 20+ per season, and even if he doesn't do it with Juve (i'm so confident he will though), everyone knows he's got quality.

Aug 1, 2003
    pippo is needed to be in the first 11 of the azzurri squad. sure he's quite talentless- cant dribble or whatever but he does have one 'skill' thats very important- being at the right place at the right time. pippo is ALWAYS at the right place and at the right time, and *poof* theres a goal for you.

after his recent performances for the azzurri, i believe he is entitled to be in the first 11. vieri's a good striker but lately he's quite useless to me.

FORZA PIPPO INZAGHI! :stuckup:

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
    Di Vaio has already shown that he can score 20+ per season, and even if he doesn't do it with Juve (i'm so confident he will though), everyone knows he's got quality.
    he's got the quality Gray but as soon as DP gets back juve will get back to Trez up front and behind him DP:fero:
    IMO this season DV is much better than Trez cuz a striker is meant to score and this season DV got more goals than trez in the serie A.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
    italia would look like an ungrateful son of a*****es of a team if the axe Pippo... that guy score goals and do his job..it would raise the question of discrimination and what else should you do to get into the team?...

the best thing to do is to lose badly in one game and blame everything on Pippo for not outscoring the goals scored agaisnt..:devil:

;)

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
    that will NEVER happen! :mad:
    vin, why are you so against superpippo inzaghi? :strong:

whats wrong with you? he says he isnt so against filippo inzaghi he just doesnt like the fact that he isnt a complete well-rounded striker

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    I personally prefer Inzaghi to Vieri as he has better all round movements and he is a complete pest to defenders but for the good of the team and if you want to win tournaments then you have to go with Vieri imo

The 4-3-1-2 formation would never imo defeat any of the top sides or even sides that are very well organised as its putting too much pressure on the central midfield patnering

I much prefer the lone striker with forwards supporting him and also helping out the midfield as well , thats why I am sorry to say Inzaghi would settle on my bench

@aressandro10, you cannot pick a team due to gratitude, you pick a team that would beat others

I have seen Italy a lot of times and Milan as well but no matter what they say, Inzaghi does not work well with a striker, he works well with a forward and like him or not if he is fit, its a must to play Vieri imo

OP
    Vinman

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002
  • Thread Starter #20
    Whatever tactic the French use, they kicked the HELL out of Germany today....

France worries me...

WTG TREZ WITH 2 GOALS !!!!!!! :thumb:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)