Karim Benzema (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Lyon have to sell him this summer. His value will go down if they don't. He's had an average season with Lyon this term, me thinks its because he doesn't want to stay anymore.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
Lyon have to sell him this summer. His value will go down if they don't. He's had an average season with Lyon this term, me thinks its because he doesn't want to stay anymore.
with all due respect my friend i don't think it was an average season..they left ucl with a nice face because of him and juninho...and in the championship he has 16 goals.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
why are we so keen to get rid of Trez? I thought he wanted to leave because he was unhappy with Ranieri.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
with all due respect my friend i don't think it was an average season..they left ucl with a nice face because of him and juninho...and in the championship he has 16 goals.

While i agree that 16 goals is a good return. He still is having an average season. One of the biggest reasons why Lyon are not winning the league this season is because they are overly dependent on Benzema, and Benzema has failed them too many times. He's still a deadly striker that can score when provided the chance. But his overall performances have been average this year.

He definitely won't be nominated for player of the year that's for sure.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
I like Benzema...and he would be a far greater and more useful replacement for Iaquinta and Trezeguet leaving...BUT it is unfortunately far more likely that we will get Quagilarella. Which makes little sense from a footballing perspective, as in replacing goalscorers with more flair and less meanness in front of goal...but it makes sense economically.

I really don't like the idea of allowing both of our main goalscorers to leave and failing to bring in an adequate replacement. We need a man whose main focus is GOALS. Flair, strength and clinical finishing is the ideal mix in attack...we get rid of the clinical finishing and add to our flair...especially with diego on his way...more flair, but he scores plenty for an attacking midfielder...but still...we need a man whose main skill is putting the ball in the net, of ghosting into space in the box...

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
We won't get him, if we would I'm happy than. But I rather see us linked with a new RB, because don't tell me that Grygera would be the starting RB next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)