Karim Benzema - FW - Real Madrid (17 Viewers)

Who do you want?

• Karim Benzema

• Klaas Jan Huntelaar

• Amauri

• Elmander

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Do not put Benzema in the same sentence with Cassano
:sergio:

My point was obviously not to compare the two players directly. I included Cassano's name because he's another player (who I really like) that has been linked to us.

Both are highly skilled, and our current forwards are anything but (with the exception of our Lord and Saviour, Alessandro Del Piero).

Given his issues at Madrid, Benzema seems like the more realistic option in January, but who knows.

I would rather spend big on our fullbacks and wait until summer to target a quality frontman. But if we can get Benz for cheap then I say why the hell not
Yeah, I'm all for the fullbacks priority too, buddy. We need that so badly...

Totally agree about Benzema though. When fortune comes knocking, you gotta be prepared to answer the door. If we get a cut rate on the guy, we should take advantage (provided that we still have the $ to sign Dzeko in the Summer). Benz could be very useful to us.

Edit: It obviously all depends on how much cash we have. With all of our other needs, 2 new forwards is definitely pushing it...

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I don't understand the Real trash argument either.

They don't have the greatest success rate in getting the most out of their players, probably because they have a high turnover and a knee-jerk-reactionary board.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008

They don't have the greatest success rate in getting the most out of their players, probably because they have a high turnover and a knee-jerk-reactionary board.
Absolutely. Former Madrid players are lighting it up all over the place. I would love to see Juventus take advantage of Madrid's lavish stupidity.

I must say that I don't really see Benzema's value falling enough for us to take advantage of the situation though...

He cost 30M+, and he's still very young... we can't afford to splash out 20M+ on this guy... not with our laundry list of pressing needs.

Like Salvatore was saying earlier, a loan would be real nice.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I'm kinda surprised at the poll results. Huntelaar only has 20% but he's been freekin phenomenal for holland, He's scored in every one of their euro qualifying games so far i think. I'd much rather have him although i doubt he's a possibility right now havin just been transferred. oh well

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008

I would be susceptible to knee jerking as well if I was spending ridiculous amounts of money. It definitely looks worse for them when expensive players don't perform. Benzema has been given enough time to perform at real in my opinion to warrant certain reactions but I wouldn't refer to him as trash considering what he's shown elsewhere.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
It's the January window, if you guys are expecting a big money signing. You're better off waiting until summer. However, a player like Benzema purchased at a cut rate price or taken on loan with an option to buy would be good business for any team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)