Juve's Friendly Matches 2002-2003 (1 Viewer)

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
I was referring to his shooting average over all even if he did try a couple of shots that went way over the bar.

Its a very big season for him actually as he has to play exceedingly well, to prove his many doubters wrong

Buy on AliExpress.com

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Ia have one concern, Juve until now hasn't play a "real" friendly match, I mean playin 45 min to a team in not enogh!, for what I can see the Birra Moretti is going to be the same, just 45 min and the penaltys...
All the other teams are playin "real" tournaments, you know like Parma and Milan.
I'm just a litle worry about our prepartion...

FaNaTiC

Jul 12, 2002
Here are the three friendly match Juventus will play in the next days in preparation towards the Serie A 2002/2003, which will start Septembre, the 15th.

August, the 31st, at 19.00 in Rome, LAZIO-JUVENTUS

September, the 5th, at 20.45, in Catania, CATANIA-JUVENTUS

September, the 7th at 18, in Messina, MESSINA-JUVENTUS

juventus.it

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Actually just checked dpf, they were just promoted from seriec1b to seriec1b so we ought to beat them by penalties if Dp is given the day off

OP
dpforever

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #112
    There’s a land traditionally close to blackandwhites: it’s Sicily. When Juve arrives in the Mediterranean Island, it’s overwhelmed by the love of its many supporters. Every match becomes a real party. Like in 1997, February the 2nd, when Marcello Lippi’s team won the European Supercup (against the French team of Paris Saint Germain) in a stadium, the Palermo’s Favorita, full of enthusiast blackandwhites’ supporters. Or like two years ago, when in Catania, blackandwhites made thousands of supporters, came to Cibali Stadium, happy, beating in a friendly match the spanish team of Rayo Vallecano

A lot of enthusiasm for the blackandwhite colours. A wonderful feeling to be returned. That’s why Juventus has chosen Sicily for its final friendly matches of the summer. Marcello Lippi’s team will face two teams ready to play in Serie B, Catania and Messina

On Thursday, September the 5th, the first match will be played in Catania against the local team, to re-live a match seen many times at the beginning of the 80’s. On Saturday, September the 7th, the second match will be playd in Messina. Three days to watch from close your idols and to bring back the “Scudetto” to the South of Italy, where, at the moment, Reggina is the only team playing in Serie A. Both games, the first at 21.00 against Catania, and the second at 18.00 against Messina, will be broadcasted live on La7 TV, the channel which accompanied Juve in the triumph of the Italian Supercup played in Tripoli.

Also Juventus.com will follow closely the two events and it will do it with a special program. From the beginning of next week, infact, we’ll re-live together all the most exciting moments of the matches played in the past by Juventus in Sicily.

OP
    dpforever

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #113
    Here's the list of selected players for the friendly matches in Sicily:

2 Ferrara
    3 Tacchinardi
    4 Montero
    5 Tudor
    6 Fresi
    8 Conte
    9 Salas
    12 Chimenti
    14 Zenoni
    15 Birindelli
    16 Camoranesi
    22 Bonnefoi
    23 Olivera
    24 Zalayeta

OP
    dpforever

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #114
    Even though he’ll play for only 30 minutes, but Juves’ fans will be able to see Igor Tudor in action again after the operation.

The Croatian player is happy. "I’m ok, I started training with the team 10 days ago and everything is going well. I’m ready to re-start. I want to thank the medical staff for their big support”.

Igor also talked about Juve and the expectations. "We are the team to beat. We have to defende the title from the other teams that became very strong. We also got some good players, like Di Vaio”. In Europe? "I think that Real is very strong and full of stars”.

OP
    dpforever

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #116
    I'm looking forward to Conte and Tudor's comebacks .. I know they may be short of fitness, but still it's nice having them back ..

Espectro

The Grimreaper
    Jul 12, 2002
    The match has ended, final score Juventus 3 Catania 0
    Here are the line ups:

Goals: 9'pt Salas, 30'st Zalayeta (rig.), 38'st Paro

CATANIA: Iezzo; Zeoli (7?st Monaco S.), Fusco (34'st De Martis), Bussi, Fini (24'st Cordone); Bucchi (26'st Cicconi), Malusci (8'st Baronchelli),
    Mendil, Pignotti (39'st Monaco G.), Caracciolo (19'st Martuscello), Grieco. A disposizione: Sansonetti, De Martis, Baronchielli, Cordone, Cicconi, Monaco S., Martusciello, Monaco G., Ceccobelli. All. Jaconi.

JUVENTUS: Chimenti; Cassani (27'st Paro), Fresi, Montero, Birindelli; Zenoni,
    Conte (14'st Tudor), Tacchinardi, Camoranesi; Salas, Zalayeta. A disposizione:
    Bonnefoi, Ferrara, Tudor, Grando, Paro, Olivera, Palladino, Brighi Marco.

:cool:

FaNaTiC

Jul 12, 2002
    Juventus win the first friendly match in Sicily against Catania. 3-0 the score, with goals by Salas, Paro and Zalayeta on penalty. 'El Matador' scores after 9' with a great left strike, and 10' later Bucchi is dangerous for Catania.
    No other emotions in the first half. Lippi gives a chance to young Cassani (born in 1983) as right back, while in midfield Conte is back.

In second half standing ovation for Tudor, back with the team after a very long injury at 14'. Second goal at 30' with Zalayeta on penalty, while third goal is scored by young Parob at 38'.

FORZA TUDOR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)