Juventuz LIVE matches 2016/2017 (15 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 6, 2015
Mostly spoiling though, without the dirty tackles. Pressing and then tapping the ball around midfield so we can't get it. Seems to be working so far.

These games are always a danger, sandwiched between two big games and lots of changes, motivation is an issue. We can't throw away 3 points here given the situation of Napoli and Roma.
We just need to find a way to be a bit more dangerous on the break because they do leave themselves open by pressing high. One option is going high to Mandzo at times.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Again we see a brainless Cuadrado wasting opportunities and looking questionable against a packed defense when he doesn't have space to run into. Sure he has an astounding workrate and drops back to help defend but we don't need a player like that in matches like this were we are dominating possession with ease. We need a winger with end product.

Would love to see Pjaca get some more minutes after half time.

I know I've been getting some hate for this opinion lately but I still want to see Pjanic as CAM and Dybala replacing Cuad to cut inside from right wing. :D
Cuadrado is not consistent enought to be a starter ina CL contender team.

He is not bad, but he needs ways too many chances for lady luck to smile upon him and bring a decent endproduct.

Our enemies in europe have wingers that need one or 2 chances and pounce. Pretty much what higuain as a top of the line striker, he needs one or 2 chances and he will score. He is world class and his endproduct shows.

Thats why we need the interista berardi. He has much more quality in his endproduct than cuadrado.

I knoe cuads has a lot of fans here but sorry guys, he is very limited in some matches, and this is one of them. As a counter player he is excellent, but in games that require finese and intelligence to resolve issues related to parked buses, he is not the man,

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Cuadrado is useless against teams defending deep. Workrate and pace without brains do nothing in a match like this.
Exactly. And these are like 90% of the games we play these days. He was a great addition for the 3-5-2 but I'm not so sure about his usefulness as an attacking winger in the 4-2-3-1 when he's only really useful in the handful of games in which we will actually do a lot of defending.

Sure, I would want him in the team away to Bayern but is it worth having him given how rare we have to play like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)