Juventuz LIVE 2007/2008 (17 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 3, 2004
Tried posting this earlier, my internet was lagging......then the LIVORNO-JUVE thread is closed during the match. Oh well, for what it;s worth...:)

Apologies for the delay...I was busy watching the news...some serious sh*t goin on the world today :disagree:

Anyhow...............Forza Juve.

Today we begin the first round of the Andata. This is the part where many teams' fates are likely to be determined. This is where lost points are rectified, derby rematches are looked forward to, and where the crucial fixture matter most in determining how it will end for your team this season.

Juventus lie in third place, halfway through the season. Sounds nice. Eight points adrift of Roma in 2nd, and 17 points off league leaders and most-likely-to-win-team (God forbid) Internazionale.

The last time we faced Livorno, as I mentioned earlier, they looked like a team of relegation candidates as Juve cruised to an easy 5-1 victory at home.

ow it's a tough trip to Tuscany, to face the team who have a loyal faithful eagerly awaiting this opportunity to have a laugh against Italy's "fallen" giants. And to make it even "sweeter" it's Giancarlo Camolese behind the team - ex Torino coach.

He never got to taste a pure derby with Juve, but his past record vs. Juve is a short one and with another "Amaranto" colored club:

Sept. 27, 2003
Reggina 0-2 Juventus
(Marco Di Vaio 13, Pavel Nedved 49)

Feb. 14, 2004
Juventus 1-0 Reggina
(Enzo Maresca 51)

Livorno Squad

He has been in charge of Livorno since mid-October, still struggling, yet achieving better results than his predecessor Fernando Orsi. Since His arrival, Livorno have achieved the below results:

Oct. '07
Sun. 21 Livorno 0 - 1 Lazio
Sun. 28 Parma 3 - 2 Livorno
Wed. 31] Reggina 1 - 3 Livorno (their undefeated streak starts here)

Nov. '07
Sun. 4 Livorno 0 - 0 Udinese
Sun. 11 Siena 2 - 3 Livorno
Sun. 25 Livorno 3 - 1 Sampdoria

Dec. '07
Sun. 2 Cagliari 0 - 0 Livorno
Sun. 9 Livorno 1 - 1 Roma
Sun. 23 Livorno 1 - 1 Atalanta

Jan. '08
Sun. 13 Torino 1 - 2 Livorno
Sun. 20 Livorno 1 - 0 Empoli (their ninth game undefeated!!)

Top Scorer

Francesco Tavano is no stranger to goal scoring reputation in Serie A - he can be lethal in front of goal. True he hasn't succeeded at bigger clubs like Valencia (I guess they criticized him for not showing up for training), while at Roma he was "lazy"...it seems his niche is at the Empoli's and Livorno's...9 goals to his name this season.

Key Players & Notable mentions

Marco Amelia - one of Italian NT's substitute 'keepers. With the influx of many foreign 'keepers in Italy, it's no surprise someone like Amelia is hailed as the next prospect. Personally I never found him to be amazing, but he's still a decent 'keeper, and a key man in the Livorno outfit.

David Balleri - central defensive rock

Fabio Galante - Always admired him as a fighter on the pitch. But always hated him since he played at Inter and Toro. Part of Cesare Maldini's 1996 Olympics team...that got knocked out of the first round. He never made the cut for the senior Italian side...but a certain Nesta-Cannavaro did instead. Expecting him to man-mark TrezeGol like his shadow...

And the honorable mention goes to...the one terrorized us during the Super-Depor era. Need I mention his name?

1. Inter Milan 50
2. Roma 45
3. Juventus 37
4. Fiorentina 37
5. Udinese 33
6. AC Milan 27
7. Atalanta 26
8. Sampdoria 26
9. Palermo 25
10. Genoa 25
11. Napoli 24
12. Catania Calcio 23
13. Livorno 21
14. Lazio 20
15. Parma 19
16. Torino 12
17. Siena 9
18. Reggina 18
19. Empoli 16
20. Cagliari 13

Team Form

Livorno (D D D W W)

Juventus (W W W D D)

Head to Head - no need to mention, but Livorno haven't beaten us since in their stadium since 1941!

My Comments

Our usual defensive woes, combined with Livorno's optimism. Belardi will probably start in goal...I never liked him anyways, since his Reggina days. Legro-Grygera Nedved and Salihamidzic will most likely occupy the flanks supported by Birindelli-Molinaro behind them in defense. Zanetti-Nocerino in midfield, and DP-TrezeGol in attack. Nothing too exciting here, we'll just have to pray everything works out.

Apart from Tavano, I really don;t see who we should fear in their squad. That said, Antonio Filippini will be the annoying little shithead he always was, I hope he get's the shit kicked out of him. Daniele de Vezze is an interesting player I'm curious to see, as he's been playing okay to merit himself in the starting lineup.

Official Rhizoid prediction:

Livorno 1-1 Juventus
Tavano - TrezeGol

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)