Juventuz is 10 years old! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
After Martin mentioned the 10 year anniversary, I thought I'd have a look and see what's become of the old place. My last post here is so old, I just typed "juventuz.net" in my browser - go figure. I assume most of you have no idea who I am, that's alright.

Also, Martin, I didn't realize you were still this active around here considering your modern disinterest in football. I suppose the old hangout still has a lot going for it, then?

As I recall, I joined the forum in 2002. Very much interested in football and Juventus and posting relevant, on-topic things. I even made it to moderator at one point, which was a bit weird.

The old gang (Martin, Lisa, Nina and I) hung out for a few years. That was probably the best time of the forum for me. The highpoint being 2004, after that the group fell apart.

The years after that I mostly remember a lot of weird off-topic conversations with Tom from Derby and DJ Juve. Are they still here? Those were good times.

There are many posters that I have fond memories of, way too many to list here. Most of them have probably left, anyway. People like Snoop, Bes, Tahir, Graham from Australia, John from Dublin, Kiran, Nawaf. Are you still here?

This has been a one time reappearance in a place that I don't really recognize anymore (and few of you recognize me, I guess) just to say: thank you, Martin. My life would have been very different without this place. You know that, of course, since you had front row seats to the whole thing. :D

And thank you for everything, all you posters that I conversed with over the years. Be well and be happy. Perhaps we'll meet again, some day, somewhere.

- Slagathor aka ErikP aka Erik-with-a-k.

EDIT: I just noticed I have a Private Message from someone named d.nico from 12 March 2007 where he/she asks me for money: no dice, kid. Get a job.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
As you once said Martin, it happened one night. At that night you probably didn't know how the things would be going through the next years, through a whole decade. What you created became the first page many of us open everyday. We made friends, we had arguments, we had laughs. We said "get a life" to those who were taking the forums seriously but we were taking the forums seriously ourselves. We celebrated Juve wins with each other and at the time of losses we were given the chance to take our anger out on each other. Thank you for all that.

I got to know many great people here and realized how different people see the same thing. I read many great discussions about different topics about which I had no knowledge/idea and I learned a lot. I also got the chance to speak my mind without thinking about its consequences which was kind of a new experience for me. I devoted 1/3 of my posts and half of my energy to defend Del Piero against the unfair criticism (in my opinion) he was getting. The other half went for convincing Yamen that stoning is wrong :D Thank you for all that too. Thank you for everything. I will one day dedicate the Italian version of this post to you :p

All of this feels like a lifetime ago. The forum was my life back in those days. The Martin of 10 years ago would make a big deal out of this important anniversary but the Martin today, as you know, is a lot more lazy. :tup:
I don't know the Martin of 10 years ago, but the Martin I know, has always been lazy as far as I know :smile:

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
After Martin mentioned the 10 year anniversary, I thought I'd have a look and see what's become of the old place. My last post here is so old, I just typed "juventuz.net" in my browser - go figure. I assume most of you have no idea who I am, that's alright.

Also, Martin, I didn't realize you were still this active around here considering your modern disinterest in football. I suppose the old hangout still has a lot going for it, then?

As I recall, I joined the forum in 2002. Very much interested in football and Juventus and posting relevant, on-topic things. I even made it to moderator at one point, which was a bit weird.

The old gang (Martin, Lisa, Nina and I) hung out for a few years. That was probably the best time of the forum for me. The highpoint being 2004, after that the group fell apart.

The years after that I mostly remember a lot of weird off-topic conversations with Tom from Derby and DJ Juve. Are they still here? Those were good times.

There are many posters that I have fond memories of, way too many to list here. Most of them have probably left, anyway. People like Snoop, Bes, Tahir, Graham from Australia, John from Dublin, Kiran, Nawaf. Are you still here?

This has been a one time reappearance in a place that I don't really recognize anymore (and few of you recognize me, I guess) just to say: thank you, Martin. My life would have been very different without this place. You know that, of course, since you had front row seats to the whole thing. :D

And thank you for everything, all you posters that I conversed with over the years. Be well and be happy. Perhaps we'll meet again, some day, somewhere.

EDIT: I just noticed I have a Private Message from someone named d.nico from 12 March 2007 where he/she asks me for money: no dice, kid. Get a job.
:heart: We miss you Erik. Stay a while longer.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
ßöмßäяðîëя;2824438 said:
:weee:

Thank you for creating something I can use to waste copious amounts of time! :heart:
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted :agree:

Congratulations Martin! Thank you for creating a home for all English speaking Juventini.

I can confidently say I'd be half the bianconero if it weren't for this site :D
Quite the opposite for me :D

Yamen believes stoning is right?? :shocked2:
:snoop:

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
Happy 8irthday, Juventuz Forum!

i'm not a regular member anymore (since i'm married and have a kid :) ) but those times were a good times with this forum..
The old members like Nina, Lisa aka Jules, Erik, DJ Juve, Sarah, Majed are may not here anymore as well.. but i'm sure 'the next generation', the people in here will always enjoy the forum as much as i did before..

Congrats Martin, you've done a gr8 job! :)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005

Erock. So good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)