Juventuz Bar Thread (10 Viewers)

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
Think I might have seriously damaged the old liver this past week. Only had 9 pints of stella but had them pretty quickly (free bar tab ran out after two hours and I had no money) and hadn't ate anything for, well about 5 hours.

Still felt hungover yesterday morning, and I drank on wednesday night. No more drinking for a while methinks :frown:

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
Think I might have seriously damaged the old liver this past week. Only had 9 pints of stella but had them pretty quickly (free bar tab ran out after two hours and I had no money) and hadn't ate anything for, well about 5 hours.

Still felt hungover yesterday morning, and I drank on wednesday night. No more drinking for a while methinks :frown:
Only 9? :howler:

A small group of us went to the Rhein and drank last night. I woke up with 5 additional euros in my pocket, only after remembering that came out of an original 60. Last time ' drinks are on me' :(

Jan 7, 2004

signs of getting old?

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Dan ] ++
A small group of us went to the Rhein and drank last night. I woke up with 5 additional euros in my pocket, only after remembering that came out of an original 60. Last time ' drinks are on me' :(
Drinks were on you for the whole night, or just a point? Because only spending 55 euros in a night where the drinks are on you is pretty darned impressive if you ask me.

and I said "only" 9 pints because it was a relatively short drinking session, only lasted about 4 hours. I usually start at midday and end at three in the morning. As you can imagine considerably more than 9 are put away :D

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004

Drinks were on you for the whole night, or just a point? Because only spending 55 euros in a night where the drinks are on you is pretty darned impressive if you ask me.

and I said "only" 9 pints because it was a relatively short drinking session, only lasted about 4 hours. I usually start at midday and end at three in the morning. As you can imagine considerably more than 9 are put away :D
There was only 4 of us. And we had about 3 bottles of whatever cheap crap we could get from the supermarket before hand, so yes its an absolute tragedy.

Being at the start of my drinking years, I have yet to do an ' all dayer'. I suppose that must become an option when the pubs close as early as the do in England.

Do people here also find that you only start to puke when someone gives you the idea? I have a history of puking when im on alcohol, but i actually felt fine for once last night, and then my friend goes: haha dont puke dan when we get home.

Next thing i know im vomiting.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
you know what drinking does to you
Well its better for you than smoking.. at least it hasn't affected my general fitness. At the end of the day the easiest way to have good time is to hit the town with some mates and drink.. if there were a better way I'm sure I'd be doing it!

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001

There was only 4 of us. And we had about 3 bottles of whatever cheap crap we could get from the supermarket before hand, so yes its an absolute tragedy.

Being at the start of my drinking years, I have yet to do an ' all dayer'. I suppose that must become an option when the pubs close as early as the do in England.

Do people here also find that you only start to puke when someone gives you the idea? I have a history of puking when im on alcohol, but i actually felt fine for once last night, and then my friend goes: haha dont puke dan when we get home.

Next thing i know im vomiting.
Jeez, thats a bit harsh then, if i were you I'd be doing the rounds today and scrounging some money back.

Pubs shut generally about half 11 in England, though 24hour drinking laws are in process. An all dayer usually involves pubs till about 5 or 6, then hitting the bars for a few hours, then clubbing it from about 12 till 3, so the early closing hours aren't so much of an issue. The cash impact is though, you can easily end up putting away £150 so make sure you take the right people and you'll have a cracking time - how old are you by the way if you don't mind me asking? I've only done all dayers in the past year or so

As for the vomit thing, i kind of agree, ometimes the sight of sick can set me off, though often its better to be sick as soon as possible rather than feel really ill the whole of the next day!

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004

Jeez, thats a bit harsh then, if i were you I'd be doing the rounds today and scrounging some money back.

Pubs shut generally about half 11 in England, though 24hour drinking laws are in process. An all dayer usually involves pubs till about 5 or 6, then hitting the bars for a few hours, then clubbing it from about 12 till 3, so the early closing hours aren't so much of an issue. The cash impact is though, you can easily end up putting away £150 so make sure you take the right people and you'll have a cracking time - how old are you by the way if you don't mind me asking? I've only done all dayers in the past year or so

As for the vomit thing, i kind of agree, ometimes the sight of sick can set me off, though often its better to be sick as soon as possible rather than feel really ill the whole of the next day!
Im just fifteen, turning 16 this summer (aug 2). Its great though, no one gives a shit about alcohol age here.

I think it sucks that pubs close so early; everyone tries to smash in as much as possible in the closing hour. There is a significant reduction in the amount of vomit i see in cologne on a sunday morning then when I was living in the UK :D

Thanks for the info. Fortunately, the crowd i go with arent usually very pressurizing, but when I tend to be pissed i tend to be overly generous- I think i spontanously went to a Kiosk and came back with alcopops for all.

This summer though, im going to explore an irish bar which according to my elder sister, on tuesday's has 'student night'- shots and beers are cheap, and pool is free!

I can agree about the vomit bit all to much. It really takes the edge of being drunk- you then have to think about cleaning your shoes afterwards and what excuse you have to give your mam in the morning!

Emma

Mar 4, 2004
I never vomit from alcohol, no matter how much or how fast. Though tequilla does make me kinda sick. I almost puked once after having about 5 tequilla, but I didnt :D

I could outdrink you all. I burn it off before it even hits the bloodstream :D

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Emma ] ++
I never vomit from alcohol, no matter how much or how fast. Though tequilla does make me kinda sick. I almost puked once after having about 5 tequilla, but I didnt :D

That wouldnt be hard admittedly, I have to watch my drinking cos I only have 1 kidney.

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
Just gimme your drinks when you are done and ill pretend you drank em :D
Do girls get turned on when a guy can down lots of alcohol? I get turned on when I see a girl who can drink well, so does it work the other way? :D

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
Thanks for the info. Fortunately, the crowd i go with arent usually very pressurizing, but when I tend to be pissed i tend to be overly generous- I think i spontanously went to a Kiosk and came back with alcopops for all.

This summer though, im going to explore an irish bar which according to my elder sister, on tuesday's has 'student night'- shots and beers are cheap, and pool is free!

I can agree about the vomit bit all to much. It really takes the edge of being drunk- you then have to think about cleaning your shoes afterwards and what excuse you have to give your mam in the morning!
Oh, I wasn't on about them being pressurising; suffice to say I'd never go on an all dayer with people that just wanted to skank drinks off me. I mean just make sure you don't go with people that get ratty when they're pissed. You don't want to spend a whole day pissed with a bunch of grumpy sods :D

irish bars are always cool, most folk are very friendly and guiness is often cheap :extatic: - student nights are always grand and there will be a lot of top totty out I should imagine - if not you can always play crunk pool till the early hours :)

Emma

Mar 4, 2004

Do girls get turned on when a guy can down lots of alcohol? I get turned on when I see a girl who can drink well, so does it work the other way? :D
Personally, not really.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001

pah! tequila is such a girls drink! (not sure where the insult went there :D)

bring it on.. nobody outdrinks me! (except the fat bald guy that sits in the corner of every pub in england!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)