Juventuz Bar Thread (4 Viewers)

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Can I ask the American users if Tuborg is considered a fancy beer, I see it in a lot of pop videos and movies. There's obviously a huge marketing campaign going there? It's just that it's considered piss over here, it's only sold in supermarkets and st a seriously low price, like a euro per can.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
You did say it was cool though?

Congrats on the 50k post btw :tup:
That was on ideological grounds. Carlsberg is forever tainted for their awful partnership with a club that should not be named. Meanwhile the Danes are happy, cheerful people so I like to think a product like Tuborg would export that quality :xfinger:

Thanks. I feel like a guy who's digging a hole and just reached a depth of 100m. wtf am I still doing.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
That was on ideological grounds. Carlsberg is forever tainted for their awful partnership with a club that should not be named. Meanwhile the Danes are happy, cheerful people so I like to think a product like Tuborg would export that quality :xfinger:

Thanks. I feel like a guy who's digging a hole and just reached a depth of 100m. wtf am I still doing.
:lol:

Cannot stand Carlsberg, and it's accosiation with that particular club only deepens my distaste for it further

Apr 15, 2006
Really? Do you enjoy the taste of it? I'd put it in the same bracket as Dutch Gold. Not trying to knock Dutch beers obviously.
It was OK.
Tbh I don't have the foggiest memory of it. Most beers however are incredibly similar one to the other. I don't remember Tuborg making any meaningful distinction.
Yup. Most beers that I've tried almost taste the same. The only distinct ones I've tried is Hoegaarden. That was some nice beer.

Apr 15, 2006
The problem is that it's hard to find classy beer here. It's mostly riddled with Kingfisher, which is a locally and nationally famous beer, followed by all the other popular stuff, like Carlsberg, Fosters, Tuborg, etc. The only reason I tried that Hoegaarden was cos a friend of mine got it from Amsterdam.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
It was OK.

Yup. Most beers that I've tried almost taste the same. The only distinct ones I've tried is Hoegaarden. That was some nice beer.
Yes, but don't say that in front of beer snobs. Hoegaarden is like the most ordinary beer, it's like the Heineken of Belgium. So when some clown turns up who requires something more unique you'll be getting your clock cleaned for bringing it up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)