Juventuz Bar Thread (2 Viewers)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Certainly is. Even after 5-6 six years of drinking beer, my taste is still under development. Some beers brewed on lots of hops can be very, very bitter but I've actually started to appreciate them more and more. Now I nearly love them.

It is strange indeed.
I'm different from most folk in that I liked lager as soon as I tried it.

I can happily drink guiness or ales now that I couldn't stand a couple of years ago, though.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
It just grows on you after a while. I'm not really sure why.

Not really.

Most folk (at least in Scotland) will have been having the odd beer for a few years before they are old enough to be going out and getting wasted.
I understand that part. What i don't understand is why you'd drink that beverage again if it didn't taste good the first few times?

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
It just grows on you after a while. I'm not really sure why.

Not really.

Most folk (at least in Scotland) will have been having the odd beer for a few years before they are old enough to be going out and getting wasted.
Sure but they're drinking beer they like, right? What I meant to say was that if the purpose is to get drunk then people tend to drink whatever to reach that stage but if it's enjoyment then they're picky.

My roommate once told me that he hates 99% of all beers but he'll drink it as long as its free and to get drunk. There is a very popular and extremely cheap beer here called Natural Light (aka Natty Light) that supposedly tastes like watered piss (what ever that means) but the purpose is just to get drunk so they don't mind. On the other hand when he just wants to enjoy a drink then there's only one beer he drinks:

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I understand that part. What i don't understand is why you'd drink that beverage again if it didn't taste good the first few times?
I can't really answer that, because I liked beer straight away.

In Scotland it is probably a lot about peer pressure, though.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Sure but they're drinking beer they like, right? What I meant to say was that if the purpose is to get drunk then people tend to drink whatever to reach that stage but if it's enjoyment then they're picky.

My roommate once told me that he hates 99% of all beers but he'll drink it as long as its free and to get drunk. There is a very popular and extremely cheap beer here called Natural Light (aka Natty Light) that supposedly tastes like watered piss (what ever that means) but the purpose is just to get drunk so they don't mind. On the other hand when he just wants to enjoy a drink then there's only one beer he drinks:
That's the case with a lot of people.

I only drink for pleasure, though, so I will only drink good quality alcohol.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
That's a good question. When I first tasted coffee I didn't like it. In fact I'm pretty sure most people didn't. But I did drink it again once in a while, in some social situation, and eventually it grew on me.

Same thing with beer, except I drink coffee everyday and beer once in a few weeks.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

Natty Light. :lol:

Lots of bad memories drinking that crap. I don't think I can drink that stuff anymore. :inter:

But Blue Moon is pretty good, nothing like real Heffeweizens though.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
drinkin pepsi on rocks..
What are you on your period?

:D

That's a good question. When I first tasted coffee I didn't like it. In fact I'm pretty sure most people didn't. But I did drink it again once in a while, in some social situation, and eventually it grew on me.

Same thing with beer, except I drink coffee everyday and beer once in a few weeks.
First year I drank coffee it just made me more tired and even hungover an hour after finishing it.

Now it works wonders.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005

Hold the fucking phone,YOU drink?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)