Juventuz Bar Thread (1 Viewer)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Lipton Ice Tea tastes like old sugar.
Old sugar? Are you talking about beer or something? Because it's nothing like that.

lemon is way better!!!:smoke:
Have you tried the green tea flavor? I love that one!
However, the idea to carbonize it was altogether brain dead. Compounded still by the fact that often I can't even find the non-bubbly ice tea, it's been replaced.

Lucky Luke

Jul 23, 2007
Old sugar? Are you talking about beer or something? Because it's nothing like that.

Have you tried the green tea flavor? I love that one!
However, the idea to carbonize it was altogether brain dead. Compounded still by the fact that often I can't even find the non-bubbly ice tea, it's been replaced.
of course mate!!!!really nice!

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I am talking about this

You gotta try the one on the right, it's great.

Old sugar I say, with an artificial flavour.
No, Crystal Pepsi, remember that stuff? The short lived campaign of clear Pepsi that completely failed. Now *that* was artificial tasting. Like we never even left the lab. I remember the first two drinks of that stuff were exciting, and then it just became really weird.

Btw if you're such a naturalist, how do you make authentic ice tea? Cause I've tried and merely cold tea doesn't make ice tea, I know that much.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I've tasted real iced tea though, this is good stuff but it was long ago and I wasn't interested in collecting recipes.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
You gotta try the one on the right, it's great.

No, Crystal Pepsi, remember that stuff? The short lived campaign of clear Pepsi that completely failed. Now *that* was artificial tasting. Like we never even left the lab. I remember the first two drinks of that stuff were exciting, and then it just became really weird.

Btw if you're such a naturalist, how do you make authentic ice tea? Cause I've tried and merely cold tea doesn't make ice tea, I know that much.
:howler:

Well, you gotta make a pot of tea, let it cool, add some (or lots depending on your preference) sugar, lemon slices (and lemon juice), LOTS of ice, and shove it in the icebox. You really have to experiment with the stuff till you get it right, because I don't think there really is a set recipe for iced tea. I use green tea instead and I try to make it really strong, yet I don't add as much sugar and I put lots of lemon. It's all relative to your tastes.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I have tried Iced Tea:p.Though it wasnt flavored.I found it extremley foul.Maybe flavoured Icea Tea is good.
er.. is there such a thing as non flavored ice tea? Do you even know what you were drinking? :p

:howler:

Well, you gotta make a pot of tea, let it cool, add some (or lots depending on your preference) sugar, lemon slices (and lemon juice), LOTS of ice, and shove it in the icebox. You really have to experiment with the stuff till you get it right, because I don't think there really is a set recipe for iced tea. I use green tea instead and I try to make it really strong, yet I don't add as much sugar and I put lots of lemon. It's all relative to your tastes.
Sounds complicated. But lemon slices? Is that just to flavor it and then you pull them out or are they part of the final product (that doesn't sound right).

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I just ordered it at a restaurant.It wasnt branded,so perhaps i got licked:D
Oh, I see. You look in the menu and it says "Wine - $5". And you go "hey I've always wanted to try 'wine', I'll order this". And it turns out to be like the cook's own home brewed drink.

I see what kind of scenario we're dealing with here :D

Max

Jul 15, 2003
Sounds complicated. But lemon slices? Is that just to flavor it and then you pull them out or are they part of the final product (that doesn't sound right).
Take out the lemon slices too when you're serving it...neglected to mention that. When you make it in a pitcher, usually it has a top so it prevents the slices from coming out into the cup, but I guess I was assuming too much. :D

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
A toast to you boozers with my Lipton ice tea, lemon flavor. I like peach, but they didn't have it, ah c'est la vie.
TBh i always thought that iced tea would be :inter: but got hooked on Nesta'Te in Italy a few years ago, peach is definately better:agree:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)