Juventus Women (7 Viewers)

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Can't wait to see women ultras protesting season ticket price hikes
Our boy Mauro will solve that problem for us:

"How many of them are there? Fifty? A hundred? Two hundred? OK, record my message and let them hear it. I will bring 100 criminals from Argentina who will kill them on the spot.”

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
'Being at Juve was like prison'

By Football Italia staff

Petronella Ekroth says being at Juventus was like being ‘in prison’ as her teammates were ‘forbidden’ to talk about the Cristiano Ronaldo rape case.

Ekroth helped Juve win the women’s Scudetto last season but has since returned to her native Sweden with Djurgardens.

In an interview with Expressen, she hit out at the Bianconeri for silencing her over the allegations of sexual assault levelled at Ronaldo.

“I tried to look at things with a broader perspective, improving as a footballer and as a human being,” said the defender.

“In the end I was right to stay, even if there were several strange things going on. My vision of how to treat people is different to theirs.

“I don’t think foreign women players were treated like the Italian women. There were situations where I sometimes wondered if I was on Candid Camera. Then I got used to it.

“I understand that there are different ways to manage things, but some of them aren’t good.

“We were forbidden to talk about the case. We stayed silent and we couldn’t mention it. The only thing to do was keep a low profile and work towards the club’s values.

“I kept myself closeted because I felt that my opinions didn’t count. It felt a bit like I was in prison. I really couldn't do everything I wanted.

“You can show one side of the coin, but there is much more that remains hidden, things that unfortunately can’t be talked about, shown and so on.

“You’re very limited in so many things. Some things you can do and others you can’t, which isn’t good.

“I felt like I could lose a part of myself. It was difficult.”

The Bianconeri stood by CR7 last year, insisting the case ‘did not change their opinion’ of the player.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

By Football Italia staff

petronella04.jpg

EPA.png

“We were forbidden to talk about the case. We stayed silent and we couldn’t mention it. The only thing to do was keep a low profile and work towards the club’s values.

“I kept myself closeted because I felt that my opinions didn’t count. It felt a bit like I was in prison. I really couldn't do everything I wanted.
That's good, because your opinions do not count. You are a footballer employed by Juventus and the case against Ronaldo has nothing to do with you.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
I listened to her interview on Forza Italian Football a while ago, thinking, hey a female Juve player, that’s a cool perspective to listen to. I was wrong. It was one of the most boring interviews I’ve ever heard. She kept talking like a typical feminist would and didn’t really speak about the game itself.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015

By Football Italia staff

petronella04.jpg

EPA.png

Petronella Ekroth says being at Juventus was like being ‘in prison’ as her teammates were ‘forbidden’ to talk about the Cristiano Ronaldo rape case.

Ekroth helped Juve win the women’s Scudetto last season but has since returned to her native Sweden with Djurgardens.

In an interview with Expressen, she hit out at the Bianconeri for silencing her over the allegations of sexual assault levelled at Ronaldo.

“I tried to look at things with a broader perspective, improving as a footballer and as a human being,” said the defender.

“In the end I was right to stay, even if there were several strange things going on. My vision of how to treat people is different to theirs.

“I don’t think foreign women players were treated like the Italian women. There were situations where I sometimes wondered if I was on Candid Camera. Then I got used to it.

“I understand that there are different ways to manage things, but some of them aren’t good.

“You can show one side of the coin, but there is much more that remains hidden, things that unfortunately can’t be talked about, shown and so on.

“You’re very limited in so many things. Some things you can do and others you can’t, which isn’t good.

“I felt like I could lose a part of myself. It was difficult.”

The Bianconeri stood by CR7 last year, insisting the case ‘did not change their opinion’ of the player.
@Vlad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)