Juventus vs. Newcastle on 7-29-07 (8 Viewers)

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
While I agree the attack was not as good when we went 4-4-2, the defence did improve.

It is hard to say if either thing was caused by the formation, or if it was due to us starting faster than Newcastle or the defence finding their feet after a while.
The defence was always behind the play. They push up to high and with players like Zebina it costs us. We are not good enough to play a 4-3-3. We do not have the personel to suit a proper 4-3-3. The formation is not magical. Other formations win. It is the quality of the players, coaches and tactics that win games. Our current combination has not been good enough for various reasons.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
This is all bullshit. Your hatred towards Iaquinta is really getting on my nerves. Yes, he was very poor in front of goal, but at least he made the runs. Trezeguet's shooting was very much okay, but he didn't work enough to get some chances. Palladino and Nocerino were only on for a very short time and Palladino at least did well. Same goes for Salihamidzic. Zebina might have been the more obvious reason for the second goal, but what the hell was Molinaro doing opening the offside trap in the first place? He's the one to blame there.
I've watched the match twice, mind you. Iaquinta did nothing out there... I don't give a shit if he made the runs. I can fucking go out there and make the fucking runs. What he needs to do is put the ball in the net or put the ball on the foot of someone else who can, yet he wasted four good opportunities in the first half. It was simply embarrassing and his performance was one of the worst I've seen from any striker.

Trezeguet's shooting was terrible apart from one strike that went 3 meters over the bar.

And Molinaro opened up the offsides trap because that is exactly what Andrade and Grygera were doing.

My post wasn't all bullshit, just what I saw during the match.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Andy likes to act important by making outrageaus claims and bold statements. He only sees things the way he wants. Anyone can establish a theory and prove it right. It is all based off of that persons perspective. It wasn't the 433 that was the best, it wasn't Iaquinta that was the worst. Get over yourself.
We used the 4-3-3 in the first 15 minutes. We had the most opportunities to score in the first 15 minutes. We played the best football in the first 15 minutes. Did you know we fielded the 4-3-3 in the first 15 minutes where Iaquinta missed two fantastic opportunities?

4-3-3 looked better than the 4-4-2 whether you fucking like it or not. Look up the statistics; we had more shots during that periond of time than any other part of the match.

Do you remember that we used the 4-3-3 during the first 15 minutes and we looked good during said timespan?

4-3-3.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I've watched the match twice, mind you. Iaquinta did nothing out there... I don't give a shit if he made the runs. I can fucking go out there and make the fucking runs. What he needs to do is put the ball in the net or put the ball on the foot of someone else who can, yet he wasted four good opportunities in the first half. It was simply embarrassing and his performance was one of the worst I've seen from any striker.

Trezeguet's shooting was terrible apart from one strike that went 3 meters over the bar.

And Molinaro opened up the offsides trap because that is exactly what Andrade and Grygera were doing.

Andy, you can't make the runs. Trust me. I'm not saying it was a good performance, in fact somewhere I've said he was awful, but it wasn't all bad. Trezeguet looked tired and didn't do much, but his shooting was okay considering the difficult shots he had.

No, Molinaro stepped in way too quickly and in fact I think Zebina had a good case to stay there. It was risky at best and it cost Juve a goal it wouldn't have had they not taken the risk.

You're expecting too much too soon.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Andy, you can't make the runs. Trust me. I'm not saying it was a good performance, in fact somewhere I've said he was awful, but it wasn't all bad. Trezeguet looked tired and didn't do much, but his shooting was okay considering the difficult shots he had.

No, Molinaro stepped in way too quickly and in fact I think Zebina had a good case to stay there. It was risky at best and it cost Juve a goal it wouldn't have had they not taken the risk.

You're expecting too much too soon.
You just confirmed your status as a retard.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
heres how i see it, yes im annoyed with the performance iaquinta has shown, perhaps its because for 11 mill i expected something good, all ive seen so far of him is pace and a will to argue with officials, frankly i dont hold high hopes of him as i never really rated him, even at udinese, i truely regret the move juve made, and the money spent, but i bloody well hope he proves me and a few others here wrong in stepping his game up

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
If it wasn't all bad it can't really be awful, imo.

I choose not to address your other statement.
There I disagree. Iaquinta made some excellent runs, but I expect a lot more from a player of his calibre. Andy is saying he could make those runs himself, which simply isn't true. Two of the reasons Iaquinta is a good player is the fact he knows where to run and is fast enough.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
There I disagree. Iaquinta made some excellent runs, but I expect a lot more from a player of his calibre. Andy is saying he could make those runs himself, which simply isn't true. Two of the reasons Iaquinta is a good player is the fact he knows where to run and is fast enough.
its what he does with the ball that can be frustrating

rounder

Blindman
Jun 13, 2007
Iaquinta is just above average , he could be useful to juve but with plays like the ones against newcastle where he's selfish and simply awful he would probably cause more harm than good to juve.

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006

we all know that Trezeguet is a great striker, but he was off form as well in this game. Its pre-season, players fitness levels are down and the new players need time to settle in. We all know that as time progresses, Trez and DP will reach their usual levels, and the new guys will settle in. Just as Seven said, you are expecting too much too soon. Give the team some time, have patience and your perspective might change. Just maybe

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Yes I can make the runs. Probably not as quickly as Iaquinta can, however I can make the fucking runs. I've been playing football for 16 years, every position, so don't think I know nothing about making runs.

And what the fuck is this bullshit... making runs is just part of the game and should be taken for granted. The bottom line is, if you have a striker who can't make the runs, you have a very shitty player in your hands. Making good runs is just part of the game and any decent footballer can see the decisive runs that need to be made.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
So we signed a player who in your opinion is a good player because he knows where to run and is very fast. Well whoopdeefuckingdoo, we have another Zico on our hands.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
You ever see Andy play? He can make the runs!!!!! :mad:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I may be slow for a footballer, but I can literally make the runs. Not as well as some, though. Both Stu and Andries are surely faster than I am.
I recently won a tournament in Cleveland with my club team. The Yanks just couldn't handle our pace. Not that I'm exceptionally quick, I'm decent, but some of our forwards are blinding fast.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I recently won a tournament in Cleveland with my club team. The Yanks just couldn't handle our pace. Not that I'm exceptionally quick, I'm decent, but some of our forwards are blinding fast.
Congratulations. Is that the same tournament you were telling me about that Brad Friedel has a stake in?

So I take it you lot play like an EPL side then... boooooo.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
While Iaquinta only succeded with his runs and not much else, he is also good in the air, physically strong and has a good shot. Let him work himself into the team and show his other qualities.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)