Juventus vs. Newcastle on 7-29-07 (2 Viewers)

JuveGER

Mar 10, 2006
Some serious overreacting here. Fact is, that this was our first real match, we played away with 6 new players (3 new in defense!) against a team that is further in pre-season-preparation. It's no big deal to lose a game like this. I expected difficulties.

That being said, there are obviously some problems. Our defense was bad even in Serie B. And we didn't have the money to buy 2 quality CBs and a quality wingback. Don't forget we lost Cannavaro, Thuram and Zambrotta. It was impossible for us to replace them all. We have to get used to a not always stable defense for now, unfortunately.

I was no fan of signing both Tiago and Almiron either, since our wingers have their talent more in offense than defense and therefore we need a destroyer in central midfield to fill gaps and win the ball. We will see how this will work out in the future. It's too early to tell.

One thing is for sure, Juventus fans have to lower their expectations. The effects of the scandal are still there. We don't have one of the strongest teams in the world anymore and will suffer more. If we are 4th at the end of next season then we were successfull. If we are 6th we had a decent season. This is our region now. Get used to it for now.

This match against Newcastle was MADE to see those problems. You need a game like this to see where you stand and to see where there problems are. We saw them. Ranieri probably saw them, too. We will see how he reacts. It's too early to judge. We are still in try&error phase.

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
why didnt del pie come on btw ? didnt ranieri say he will get his chance against newcastle ?
del piero looked sad and confused as well..

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
here are my player ratings
abit more realistic
buffon 7
andrade- 6
zebina - 6
molinaro - 5
grygera 5
-Almiron 6.5
Tiago 5
Nedved -7.5
marchionni 6
iaquinta 4
trezeguet 6.5

as you can see Buffon was good Nedved was the only visible player
Almiron showed his face from time to time and Trez kept trying but with no one feeding him it is pretty tough to make something

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
abit more realistic
buffon 7
andrade- 6
zebina - 6
molinaro - 5
grygera 5
-Almiron 6.5
Tiago 5
Nedved -7.5
marchionni 6
iaquinta 4
trezeguet 6.5

Almiron showed his face from time to time and Trez kept trying but with no one feeding him it is pretty tough to make something
Andrade was much better than Zebina, at least a 7. Also Trezeguet sucked, and Iaquinta did more than David, and maed good runs. Iaquinta and Trezeguet should have a 5.5 and a 5 respectively

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
abit more realistic
buffon 7
andrade- 6
zebina - 6
molinaro - 5
grygera 5
-Almiron 6.5
Tiago 5
Nedved -7.5
marchionni 6
iaquinta 4
trezeguet 6.5

Andrade was much better than Zebina, at least a 7. Also Trezeguet sucked, and Iaquinta did more than David, and made good runs. Iaquinta and Trezeguet should have a 5.5 and a 5 respectively, also Marchionni played well and deserved at least a 6.5/7

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Andy, you did say "managing" Bolton?
yes wen allardyce the newcastle manager was managing bolton up till the fall of last season when he resigned, a few years back he wanted zalayeta, and moggi kinda screwed up over about the fee and didnt allow the move which pissed the hell out of allardyce who made a rave and dance about it like he did wen king gigi gave that carroll a kid a taste of true italian physical contact

adelove

The Very Special One
Sep 29, 2003
I did't c d game,but i think what matters more at this stage was the perfomance.
Juve r rebuilding,a lot of these chaps r playing 2getha 4 d 1st time...this was their first meaningful game 2getha(4get China Olympics!)...c'mon folx!give them time 2 bed in.....

I also think that games of this nature will afford d bench n management assess wat has been brot in thus far n determine wat reinforcements-if any, r needed

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Andrade was much better than Zebina, at least a 7. Also Trezeguet sucked, and Iaquinta did more than David, and made good runs. Iaquinta and Trezeguet should have a 5.5 and a 5 respectively, also Marchionni played well and deserved at least a 6.5/7
you can argue about Andrade BUT you cannot argue on Iaquinta the guy was aweful wasted a great chance and sure he did more than Trez he is more of an influential player on the field
Trez worked hard and tried to get some attempts
Trez was a lot better than Iaquinta

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
This was a friendly. Why are people pissed off? do you not want your coach to experiment?

BTW hate him or love Sam Allardyce is a very good manager. He knows how to grind out results, especailly against big teams so I don't see why people are acting shocked that we lost.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
This was a friendly. Why are people pissed off? do you not want your coach to experiment?

BTW hate him or love Sam Allardyce is a very good manager. He knows how to grind out results, especailly against big teams so I don't see why people are acting shocked that we lost.
Big Sam is awesome. He's one of my favourite managers. Love the dude's personality.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
abit more realistic
buffon 7
andrade- 6
zebina - 6
molinaro - 5
grygera 5
-Almiron 6.5
Tiago 5
Nedved -7.5
marchionni 6
iaquinta 4
trezeguet 6.5

How can you give Zebina a 6, indicating a decent performance, when he was at fault for both goals?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I have seen both Tiago and Almiron play on numerous occasions. Setanta shows a ton of Lyon games and I watch Serie A religiously. I clarified my point in the previous post... Tiago and Almiron are both average defenders at best and in front of an average defense it is not going to work. We need a destroyer out there. I am hardly a football novice, but if that is how you need to justify your point go ahead.
Sorry, but saying Tiago and Almiron are similar players is a fallacy. Either state the truth and say they are both average defensively or don't saying about them at all.

Your second paragraph displays how truly young and ignorant you are. I am definately not a telemarketer and although I make more that 35k I would never scoff at someone who did. Don't try to act like you sit on your deck and go on your lap top with a "Corona". That is a poor attempt at trying to sound cool. We all know you are a computer geek who spends college talking on a forum. Enjoy your youth, learn something, and chill out a bit. Enjoy that sweet Corona to. Winner.
I absolutely will. Hopefully you're having a nice day at work, sitting on the computer posting on the forums as usual.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Corona is a good summer beer. It's not too heavy and not too light, and along with a lime it's not bad. I do prefer Paulaner and Stella far more though... those are some of the best and puts Corona in its place.
:tup:

Corona and lime is ace on a nice day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)