Juventus VS Feyenoord (3 Viewers)

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
First of all, I think we did great. It isnt our fault PVH plays for Feyenoord. Even though we lost partly to bad luck/partly because of our Italishness which makes us sit back like ducks after scoring 1.

Our mid was good, our attacking was pretty good.

Does anyone have player ratings?

What I dont like is the classic italian habit of sitting back after scoring ONE goal. I'd expect Lippi to learn from Trap's experience at the world cup. Especially looking at the substitutions.

The PVH goal would cause a lot of controversy I predict.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
I have just seen the incident and well i guess its alright i was not watching the game live cos i would have gone mental

Anyway to be fair, he has never been my fave referee as he is an ass, in the wc , the game b/w germany v cameroun, he booked 16 players

But then again its still our fault for not going for the jugular, 1-0 is not enough against any team, this is not the 80s and its ridiculous that we are still talking about the same defending a slender lead.

I just read Lippi talking about having more players coming back from injuries and how he tends to rotate and play as many systems as possible, whilst this might sound clever and impressive to ppl, this is the biggest reason Italian teams fail in Europe, too many of their coaches make football sound like science

Its not science, its simple, play a simple system, with your best players in the right positions, outscore your opponents at all times, stop making unnecessary substitutions and stop fighting with your most influential players

Recipe for sucess

Look at most Spanish sides like Valencia, how many players their are world renowned , but they all know what they are doing apart from Carew, and they are all comfortable in their positions and football just seems easy and good to watch

the phoenix

Aug 8, 2002
Denco,

It is nice to read something that I totally agree with. Last year we had too many key players injured and so we lacked depth and talent in our starting lineup. This is different and better. With the addition of greater skilled players, we have the strength adn depth to even compete with anyone. They should be fearing us and not us worrying about this and that and protecting one goal leads. I love the idea of using one formation. This way we can perfect our team. To take it further we could perfect two formation, m,aybe a 4-3-3? or 4-4-2? to use every now and then.

One quick question. How would a 4-3-3 be in Serie A and/or Champions League matches?

------------------------------------Buffon
-----Thuram----------Ferrara------------Montero----------Morretti---
------------------------------------Davids----------------------------------
--------Camoranesi/Zambrotta--------------------Nedved------------
-------------Di Vaio----------Trez/Salas-----------Del Piero-----------

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Thank u phoenix, i am a firm believer if it aint broke plz do not fix it, as Manchester united have found to their cost, Fergie has tried to be clever and he bought Veron and that has completely backfired on his team as they are now playing catch up

By all accounts Moretti played very well against Atalanta, so why bring on Birindelli, i didn't see the game and don't know how Birindelli played but he is not a left footer and definitely not a left back and all this nonsense of always taking off Davids, i do not like.

Bringing on Fresi, a defender will always tell the opposition that you want to defend and you are panicked so that encourages them to attack you.

To be honest i have noe seen either game we played this season so i cannot comment but all i know is that Dp is on fire and its not right to be taking him off, its not like Empoli is hot stuff.

Your formation of 3 strikers maybe okay on paper but we all know that once we score a goal, one of them will be taken off and we go back to defending

the phoenix

Aug 8, 2002
Denco,

In this game, Davids came off because he felt a slight muscular pain in his leg. Something to this effect. Other than that Davids is a fighter and like you said he shoud stay on. It is not like he can't take it- he never gets tired!!

Forza Juve!!!

hoshi

Sep 2, 2002
oh unfortunate :( i was really hoping to get up to good news this morning

could have been worse though, we could have lost altogether

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
Hey [DJ Juve], why didn't u do anything to help juve?? instead of bumping ur head on the wall!

you could have fired your father's giant "laser" on buffon's ass so he could jump and make the save. ;)

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
All has been said. Am not too disappointed because 1 point from Feyenoord isn't such a bad thing.

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
You guys should've seen how Gigi went mad after the ref gave Feynoord many attempts in the free-kick .. after they scored he jumped and with a 'karate' move kicked the left post ...

Anyway, denco .. I don't understand how can u judge our game and subs without even watching the match :confused: It's true that DP was on top form, but he put in alot of effort at the first half and was a bit tired in the second, so Lippi decided to have fresh legs in Salas ..

kristian1199

Aug 2, 2002
Why everybody are so mad I think a 1 point is a good result away against Feyenoord!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think we should now focus on getting even 1 point against Empoli and Dinamo Kiev!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cos' Empoli beated Como 0-2 in away match and that´s a damn good result!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And Dinamo Kiev played ****ing great against Newcastle so I´m afraid what we have in head of us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sarah_old

Jul 30, 2002
Hey everyone...

I finally watched the match (I got that on tape:D) Anyways, I'm okay with the scoreline, considering some of you said Feyernoord is on form right now and that they had home ground advantage. I think we played really well, but we could have done much better. We had a lot of missed chances, but so did Feyernoord. The ref made the right decision about Neddy's & Fresi's yellow imo. But what I'm upset was that it could totally be avoided. Why can't they just listen to the referee and stay within the 10 yards range when Van Hooijdonk was taking the free kick? Hmm...

Oh, and I also noticed that Salas and Di Vaio don't make a good combo :undecide: I'm missing TZ already...

And about the clip...ah yes, that Swedish bit...So vackert, so vackert!;)

Edited to say: DP did look a little tired in the second half, so I guess that was why Lippi subbed him, cos he didn't want to risk him...

~Sarah

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
After being squalified for two matches, not playing then the Italian Supercup in Tripoli and the Serie A match against Atalanta, Edgar Davids made his official seasonal debut against Feynoord last night. He played for a little more than an hour, going out at 20’ in the second half for a little muscular problem.

“I felt a little pain so I went out – Davids confirmed – We played a good match, in the secon half we had the chances to win the match buit we didn’t succeed in scoring again and then Feyenoord drew”.

“I’ve never seen before a referee let a player take a free kick three times”. About the “booes” he received during the match, Edgar didn’t care very much: “I wasn’t bothered. These kind of things also happen in Italy”.

SpeD

Jul 14, 2002
hey whoever has seen the video of van wotevers freekick

is shinji ono allowed to fall back into the wall like he did.......

i read in one of the reports that its a tactic of feyenords but in the video, it looked a bit like the wall collapsed inwards coz of shinji LOL, wot a good tactic, juve should try it :D

hoshi

Sep 2, 2002
++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
You guys should've seen how Gigi went mad after the ref gave Feynoord many attempts in the free-kick .. after they scored he jumped and with a 'karate' move kicked the left post ...
can't wait for that one.... i get to see the game 10pm tonight so i'll make sure i pay attention in that bit :)

1 point isn't too bad - it just would have been nice if we'd scored another before we started defending. we scare people when we attack, it's when we rest on our laurels that they get their confidence happening again.

Sarah_old

Jul 30, 2002
++ [ originally posted by GonJ ] ++
i read in one of the reports that its a tactic of feyenords but in the video, it looked a bit like the wall collapsed inwards coz of shinji LOL, wot a good tactic, juve should try it :D
really? I didn't notice that it was coz of Shinji Ono

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by hoshi ] ++

can't wait for that one.... i get to see the game 10pm tonight so i'll make sure i pay attention in that bit :)
You won't see it right after the goal .. it will be shown later in the match as a replay ...

++ [ originally posted by hoshi ] ++
1 point isn't too bad -
Before the match I would've agreed with you .. but after watching it, the 3 points were very close to use .. we defended well and they couldn't have scored, it was only for that stupid free-kick that made us leave with only 1 point, rather than all 3 ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)