Juventus VS Feyenoord (2 Viewers)

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
I think we should handle Feyenoord, and take away a 2-1 victory

After what I saw yesterday, I am very positive !!!!

The only bad thought I have is for ESPN here in the states. They are not showing ANY of Juve's first round games. Would you believe that their showing AC Milan's first 2 games :down::down::down:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stephañho!

Aug 1, 2002
My impression is that Feyenoord purposely committed less to last weekend's championship game in order to save energy for this encounter with us! The Kuip is supposed to be a hellish place to be for the visitors and they know that winning all home games is the key. And as you said, they know they have an advantage with the competition being already well on! Solid group, they can cause trouble to anyone, including us!

I think of a 2-3 battled win for us!

Ciao.

JuventusFan

Jul 12, 2002
2-2 draw. Feyenoord's forward line is devastating at home, but they are a little shakey at the back, Juve should take advantage of that. They should try NOT TO GIVE ANY FREE KICKS AROUND THE PENALTY AREA. Van Hoiijdonk IMO is the best freekick taker in the world!! He scores more than he misses, giving a freekick to him is just like giving him a penalty!!

But I hope Juve wins.

paulo

Aug 14, 2002
After what i saw from the Atalanta game, I'm optimistic. Juve showed they're in good form, so with a such strong team, including a fully-recovered Del Piero, I think we can even win this match. Plus Davids is back from suspention.

My prediction: Feyenoord-Juve 1-2(or a draw if we don't have some luck.)

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
I'd just like to remind everyone that feyenoord were also in good form at the weekend, in fact with a 5-1 away win!

Sarah_old

Jul 30, 2002
I dunno how good Feyernoord's form is right now. But they were not too impressive in the Supercup against Real. Anyways, I hope Juve will win it wednesday:)

*sigh* Can't wait for wednesday already :D

~S

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Real Madrid are a different kettle of fish i am afraid and Feyernoord at home are a handful for anyone

Another bad omen is that Niento is the referee and we have to be very strong in the midfield and if Iuliano plays no silly free kicks otherwise like someone said Pvh is probably with Ascunciao the best exponents of the dead ball around today

Losing your first match in Cl is always bad and i hope if we play well we go 4 the jugular as i am getting tired of Italian style lead and dominate in first half and totally kill the game in the second

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Hmmm....this will certainly be a tough match. I am interested to see if Juve can keep up with Feyenoord fitness wise as Juve played their 1st league match yesterday while Feyenoord have alot of games under their belt. A 2-2 draw seems fair enough,but with the return of Davids,and the DV-DP strike force now functioning well,we should be able to snatch all 3 points.

LOOK OUT FOR ;
Feyenoord : We will have to watch out for Van Hooijdonk...He's a great goal scorer and is lethal with free kicks. It's going to be very important to see how our defence copes with him and how our midfield performs.

Juventus : I think our key to this match is for our trident attack to get into the game as soon as possible and get the feel of everything. If Del Piero,Di Vaio,Nedved and Davids can perform up to their massive potentials we shouldn't have any problems hitting the net.

MY PREDICTION : Feyenoord 1 Juventus 2

I have a feeling that Nedved will be instrumental and DP will carry his good form into this match. It will also be interesting to see how Davids performs in his return to Holland.

Sp3ar

Aug 18, 2002
I think we will win this one, even though they got good offense they aren't really that strong in defense... Del Piero and Di Vaio will score for Juve ;)

2-0 to us

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++
I think we should handle Feyenoord, and take away a 2-1 victory

After what I saw yesterday, I am very positive !!!!

The only bad thought I have is for ESPN here in the states. They are not showing ANY of Juve's first round games. Would you believe that their showing AC Milan's first 2 games :down::down::down:
I'm in a similar situation to you my man. They aren't showing any of Juve's 1st round matches? None at all? Are you sure? I know that they aren't showing them on Wednesday,but surely they must show us at least once or twice,I mean we're the number 3 seeds for God's sake!:down::down:

Aug 28, 2002
Well, Juve has not record a single away win last season in CL which i am very worry about..
but i do have Del Piero in my UEFA fantasy squad coz i think he will carry on his stunning form...
Feyenoord is quite a strong team, UEFA holder, what do u think?
well, my prediction is a 1-1 draw or else a lose for Juventus...(of coz i wan Juve to win, but if u based on last year stats n facts...Juve is going to concede about 2-3 goals!!)
and u know why espn r showing AC milan games? coz they r playing against Bayern Munich!!

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
I've watched Feyenoord a couple of times this season and they are impressive, especially after thrashing Twente Enschede. PvH is extraordinary on the dead ball but he missed quite a number in his last game. But Juve should be able to come out with a win - It will be tough but it is possible.

Losing your first match in Cl is always bad and i hope if we play well we go 4 the jugular as i am getting tired of Italian style lead and dominate in first half and totally kill the game in the second
Yes something has to be done about giving your all in every match. Go for it Juve!!!

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
Here's the players' list for Feyenoord-Juventus:

1 Gianluigi BUFFON
2 Ciro FERRARA
3 Alessio TACCHINARDI
4 Paolo MONTERO
5 Igor TUDOR
6 Salvatore FRESI
9 Marcelo SALAS
10 Alessandro DEL PIERO
11 Pavel NEDVED
12 Antonio CHIMENTI
13 Mark IULIANO
14 Cristian ZENONI
15 Alessandro BIRINDELLI
16 Mauro CAMORANESI
18 Marco DI VAIO
20 Davide BAIOCCO
21 Lilian THURAM
24 Emiliano MORETTI
25 Marcelo ZALAYETA
26 Edgar DAVIDS
32 Antonio MIRANTE
37 Matteo PARO

(no Zambrotta :down:)

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Holden ] ++
Our Ref is Lopez Nieto, I may be wrong, but I don't think Italian clubs have a good record with Spanish refs.:down:
Your certainly not wrong, the ref is Antonio Lopez Nieto (Spain) ..

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by DaJuve ] ++
Ohh and ESPN really hates Juve .... that Tommy Smyth guy :fero:
:thumb:Tommy Smyth:thumb:
He seems to be quite fond of Juve and Del Piero to me, I heard him say before the world cup that DP would be the player to watch if he got enough playing time,and he thought that Juve would reach the Champs League semis last season (said so in Celtic vs Juve).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)