Juventus Transfers (2007-2008) [Discussion thread] (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
I know for a fact you don't get coverage of the Superliga and you've probably never even seen Pepe play, except for perhaps a couple Champions League matches. So your opinion regarding Pepe will be stuck in place along with what I think of your opinions regarding Italians and calcio as a whole... in il gabinetto.

And of course you'll prefer a 33 year-old Italian to another fantastic stopper in Milito 7 years younger... again that just shows how biased you are and how much you know about football.

No, just stop right here. We don't need Almiron?? Are you seriously saying we don't need a player who can distribute the ball with the accuracy of the best in Italy? Knowing you, you'd probably take a player such as Blasi over Almiron just because he's Italian. Anybody can see that.

You're just an idiot and the forums were far better when you were banned. Take your biased Italian pride elsewhere.

I realized you are a pastey, wanna-ba internet calcio know it all, but you should at least listen to people speak before foaming at the mouth. As far as Quagliarella being a flash in the pan... so could Huntelaar (I say him because so many people think he is so great).
[/QUOTE]

I have only seen Pepe play in Champions League, where he got totally exploited. How is that not enough info? The bolded part explains a lot about you.

And yes I would prefer a 33 year old Captain of the WC winning squad, the leader of Juventus the year prior and the defensive captain of a champions Real Madrid. It is not a matter of luck that he is just happening to be on Championship teams. He offers far more to our younger players than Milito altough I have stated in the past that Milito is a good option as well, but is not the player Cannavarro is. Younger, yes, better no. Don't let your spastic rage cloud your perception of reality.

We didn't need Almiron. Tiago is almost the same player. I little less physical, but he works harder. Almiron was not needed. I like Almiron, but did not understand the purpose of his pickup since we got Tiago as well. Didn't make sense. Either one would have dont fine. So, I am saying we don't need two "players who can distribute the ball with the best in Italy".

Blasi over Almiron... are you trying to create circumstances out of thin are to make me look like I am just biased. I don't recal ever naming an Italian DM in my wish list.

It also am starting to realize how bad it is to have Italian pride when I love a team like Juventus. Unlike most people on the English speaking forums, I was able to love a team not because I though there jerseys were neat, or they had my favorite player on the team, or because they won the title the year I started watching soccer. No the fact that I have Italian Pride and love to support the team that represents the very best of Italy is surely, according to your twisted standards... all just biased and ignorant.

Odd person.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
Chelsea to second place. Do you know how much was spent in order to have him take them to second place???? Over 100 million Pounds.

:agree:
Btw, regarding his Valencia stint, he didn't hand the reigns directly to Benitez. Cuper took over after him, 2 CL final appearances.

But he did well in Valencia during his first stint, he won the Copa Del Rey, and broke a very long trophy drought.
I think a lot of people on here like to be optimistic. I hope Ranieri is the guy, but people are what they are and they get what they earn. Ranieri is what he is. I guess everyone here, hopes he can be more.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
were u in hibernation for 9 months when "Captain Fabulous" ditched us in our hour of need? We resurrected his career and when we need him the most all he could say was "I wanna win the CL"...wtf we r not good enuff for him?

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
Chelsea to second place. Do you know how much was spent in order to have him take them to second place???? Over 100 million Pounds.

Btw, regarding his Valencia stint, he didn't hand the reigns directly to Benitez. Cuper took over after him, 2 CL final appearances.

But he did well in Valencia during his first stint, he won the Copa Del Rey, and broke a very long trophy drought.
I think that is exactly where he will get us. Back to the CL and we may win a Cup or Two. I hope we are more ambitious than that.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
were u in hibernation for 9 months when "Captain Fabulous" ditched us in our hour of need? We resurrected his career and when we need him the most all he could say was "I wanna win the CL"...wtf we r not good enuff for him?
Here we go again. And Milito was supposed to sign for us but then said, oh wait Real want me too hold on. Big deal either way. The fact of the matter is the guy is a winner and would win with us again. Get over it. Women hold grudges.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Here we go again. And Milito was supposed to sign for us but then said, oh wait Real want me too hold on. Big deal either way. The fact of the matter is the guy is a winner and would win with us again. Get over it. Women hold grudges.
show me one article where Milito said he wants to join Real...just 1....

Jul 23, 2006
The guy never won anything major other than the WC. The 2 league titles were taken away from him, no CL. On club level, he only won one Italian Cup, one Italian Super Cup and one Uefa Cup.

He wanted to win something, I don't think he wanted to waste his time in Serie B. Plus, back when Juve got relegated, -30 was the official punishment, so Serie B for 2 years looked very certain.

Jul 23, 2006
I think that is exactly where he will get us. Back to the CL and we may win a Cup or Two. I hope we are more ambitious than that.
Ranieri, I think, will build a team but he will never win anything with the team. Another manager will replace him after the team is complete and awards will come flowing in.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
show me one article where Milito said he wants to join Real...just 1....
Why wouldn't he have joined us when we were so close to signing him? Because Real swept into the mix. It isn't a big deal it is just a point. There are very few players who stay loyal to teams. Forgive and forget. The guy is the best defender in the world.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Why wouldn't he have joined us when we were so close to signing him? Because Real swept into the mix. It isn't a big deal it is just a point. There are very few players who stay loyal to teams. Forgive and forget. The guy is the best defender in the world.
do u know for a fucking fact that MILITO refused Juventus? All reports are indicating that his club is getting greedy...and that is why the loyal players like DP Maldini Totti Raul are the greats of the game today...it adds to their legacy...and Canna one of the best defenders the world has ever seen has seriously tainted his legacy

Jun 13, 2007
I think a lot of people on here like to be optimistic. I hope Ranieri is the guy, but people are what they are and they get what they earn. Ranieri is what he is. I guess everyone here, hopes he can be more.
its not optimism , its just not right immediately saying no to a coach who hasn't coached one game yet . I think this coach's mentality is very suitable for juventus , juve need someone to rebuild a squad , he is great at developing youngsters into great players .
Being realistic i think we all know juve aren't aiming for the scudetto , so bringing a coach that is very capable of rebuliding a team isnt such a bad idea .

I think at this point of time ranieri is the right coach .
next season :different story

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
do u know for a fucking fact that MILITO refused Juventus? All reports are indicating that his club is getting greedy...and that is why the loyal players like DP Maldini Totti Raul are the greats of the game today...it adds to their legacy...and Canna one of the best defenders the world has ever seen has seriously tainted his legacy
I think you totally over emphasised my point for the sake of adding merit to your argument. Nevermind.

Cannavaro only played for us for two years. He doesn't and didn't owe us anything. The separation was mutual and we would love to have him back. Get over it.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
its not optimism , its just not right immediately saying no to a coach who hasn't coached one game yet . I think this coach's mentality is very suitable for juventus , juve need someone to rebuild a squad , he is great at developing youngsters into great players .
Being realistic i think we all know juve aren't aiming for the scudetto , so bringing a coach that is very capable of rebuliding a team isnt such a bad idea .

I think at this point of time ranieri is the right coach .
next season :different story
Well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)