Juventus Transfers (2007-2008) [Discussion thread] (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 13, 2007
I think its unfair to judge ranieri too soon . give the guy a break , maybe he isnt seen as a great tactician because he spent most of his carreer at spain and england where tactics aren't as crucial as they are in italy .
he has done a great job with parma , a miracle really . then why not with juve

Jun 13, 2007
But the best player on the field was Kaka... for both 2005 and 2007.

It's not just Italians that we need to win matches... we need players who can fucking play. This bull-headed Nationalism regarding Italians is starting to get on my nerves. Only imbeciles would take someone such as Barzagli over Milito or Pepe, Zaccardo over Zebina or Grygera (when we already have them on board), or buy Iaquinta for an absurd amount of money just because he's Italian and a "World Cup Winner."

Having a backbone of Italians on our side is indeed important, but we shouldn't be sacrificing good players for Italians just because they're Italian. The best clubs on this planet have a good mix of players that originate from the club's country and quality personnel from other parts of the world.

The likes of Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta and Oddo are all top players for Italy and the first three are world class... Barzagli and Zaccardo are not while Quagliarella could just be a flash in the pan. Juventus already has a good backbone of Italian players and youngsters, so we don't need to buy players just because they're Italian.
:agree: true

Christina

vanilla pudding
Aug 21, 2006
I think its unfair to judge ranieri too soon . give the guy a break , maybe he isnt seen as a great tactician because he spent most of his carreer at spain and england where tactics aren't as crucial as they are in italy .
:agree: If he can manage to do that with the players Parma had, why not Juve?

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
But the best player on the field was Kaka... for both 2005 and 2007.

It's not just Italians that we need to win matches... we need players who can fucking play. This bull-headed Nationalism regarding Italians is starting to get on my nerves. Only imbeciles would take someone such as Barzagli over Milito or Pepe, Zaccardo over Zebina or Grygera (when we already have them on board), or buy Iaquinta for an absurd amount of money just because he's Italian and a "World Cup Winner."

Having a backbone of Italians on our side is indeed important, but we shouldn't be sacrificing good players for Italians just because they're Italian. The best clubs on this planet have a good mix of players that originate from the club's country and quality personnel from other parts of the world.

The likes of Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta and Oddo are all top players for Italy and the first three are world class... Barzagli and Zaccardo are not while Quagliarella could just be a flash in the pan. Juventus already has a good backbone of Italian players and youngsters, so we don't need to buy players just because they're Italian.
I understand the way people who dedicate their lives to forums think. I know if I say we need more Italians, than loners who depend on this website for companionship like you, act like I don't want any foreigners on the team and then send out the smoke signals to your screen name friends to join in. Relax and listen. We are NOT building a base of Italians. Nocerino, Criscito and Molinaro are NOT solid, stready players that one would consider a base to a team. They are fun prospects who we hope will one day be a base. Barzagli over Pepe... absolutely, I think Pepe is totally overrated. Who said anything about Barzagli over Milito? Cannavarro>Milito everyday of the week.. yes. Even at his age he can offer more than Milito can.

My problems were in the signings of Grygera and Almiron who were totally unneccessary for our team. We could have at least saved a roster spot, or picked up another Italian. I realized you are a pastey, wanna-ba internet calcio know it all, but you should at least listen to people speak before foaming at the mouth. As far as Quagliarella being a flash in the pan... so could Huntelaar (I say him because so many people think he is so great).

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
especially with so much quality in hand. I think we won't start well and will start improving in October, since there will be more new players than ever before
He inspired a team that couldn't get any lower. He did a great job with parma yes, but leading a team out of Relegation is much different than winning championships. I don't think we should put too much emphasis on the Parma job.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
I hope... I really hope he is great... I just don't see it.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
He inspired a team that couldn't get any lower. He did a great job with parma yes, but leading a team out of Relegation is much different than winning championships. I don't think we should put too much emphasis on the Parma job.
saving Parma from an almost certain relegation+taking Chelsea to second place in the league for the first time in ages+all the fans love him, no matter where he coached, I believe you are under-estimating Ranieri as much as you are over-rating Barzagli

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
Ranieri still hasnt achieved something really BIG, but I think he wanna do that with Juventus ;) I like him alot and hope both him and Juventus will be back to the best!

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
As for Ranieri I guess I will put it this way...

If he is here to groom the talent of Nocerino, Criscito, Chiellini and Palladino, than he is the right man for the job. We will see if he plays them then. However, Juventus may think he will win the scudetto for us. In that case we will not play the young guys.

I really hope the Juventus staff is being really smart and will use Ranieri's ability to develop youngsters and motivate the team to a CL spot, and then appoint a coach who can take us to the next level.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
saving Parma from an almost certain relegation+taking Chelsea to second place in the league for the first time in ages+all the fans love him, no matter where he coached, I believe you are under-estimating Ranieri as much as you are over-rating Barzagli
He built up Valencia, but couldn't win. He handed the reigns to Benitez who won the double. He built up Chelsea, but couldn't win the big one, he hands the reigns to Mourinho and he takes them to two titles. He underachieved at Valencia in his second stint, he underachieved in Fiorentina, Atletico Madrid and he was succesful in doing his job in Parma by bringing the out of relegation. Those are the facts guys.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I understand the way people who dedicate their lives to forums think. I know if I say we need more Italians, than loners who depend on this website for companionship like you, act like I don't want any foreigners on the team and then send out the smoke signals to your screen name friends to join in. Relax and listen. We are NOT building a base of Italians. Nocerino, Criscito and Molinaro are NOT solid, stready players that one would consider a base to a team. They are fun prospects who we hope will one day be a base. Barzagli over Pepe... absolutely, I think Pepe is totally overrated. Who said anything about Barzagli over Milito? Cannavarro>Milito everyday of the week.. yes. Even at his age he can offer more than Milito can.
I know for a fact you don't get coverage of the Superliga and you've probably never even seen Pepe play, except for perhaps a couple Champions League matches. So your opinion regarding Pepe will be stuck in place along with what I think of your opinions regarding Italians and calcio as a whole... in il gabinetto.

And of course you'll prefer a 33 year-old Italian to another fantastic stopper in Milito 7 years younger... again that just shows how biased you are and how much you know about football.

My problems were in the signings of Grygera and Almiron who were totally unneccessary for our team. We could have at least saved a roster spot, or picked up another Italian.
No, just stop right here. We don't need Almiron?? Are you seriously saying we don't need a player who can distribute the ball with the accuracy of the best in Italy? Knowing you, you'd probably take a player such as Blasi over Almiron just because he's Italian. Anybody can see that.

You're just an idiot and the forums were far better when you were banned. Take your biased Italian pride elsewhere.

I realized you are a pastey, wanna-ba internet calcio know it all, but you should at least listen to people speak before foaming at the mouth. As far as Quagliarella being a flash in the pan... so could Huntelaar (I say him because so many people think he is so great).
People here have seen enough of your posts to know what you're all about... which is nothing more than a biased idiot who is also so homophobic that homosexuality must be found in some part of your psyche.

Jul 23, 2006
Chelsea to second place. Do you know how much was spent in order to have him take them to second place???? Over 100 million Pounds.
He built up Valencia, but couldn't win. He handed the reigns to Benitez who won the double. He built up Chelsea, but couldn't win the big one, he hands the reigns to Mourinho and he takes them to two titles. He underachieved at Valencia in his second stint, he underachieved in Fiorentina, Atletico Madrid and he was succesful in doing his job in Parma by bringing the out of relegation. Those are the facts guys.
:agree:
Btw, regarding his Valencia stint, he didn't hand the reigns directly to Benitez. Cuper took over after him, 2 CL final appearances.

But he did well in Valencia during his first stint, he won the Copa Del Rey, and broke a very long trophy drought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)