Juventus to ‘keep’ Abbiati (2 Viewers)

Aug 1, 2003
swag said:
If Gigi is hesitant to come back just yet, Abbiati can serve both as a starter in goal and motivation/competition for Gigi to get his form back.
But for how long? Abbiati will definitely not move anywhere in January, but come end of the season Im pretty sure he'll be wanting first team action. And I am also convinced that Buffon will be back by then as well to retain his original position.

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
sallyinzaghi said:
But for how long? Abbiati will definitely not move anywhere in January, but come end of the season Im pretty sure he'll be wanting first team action. And I am also convinced that Buffon will be back by then as well to retain his original position.
Sounds reasonable. But look how long Abbiati languished at Milan? It's a step up. Unless he really would prefer to be a regular starter for a club like Palermo -- which would be a sweet gig. But more likely, his offers might come more from Lecce and the like.

And not knowing what his motivators are, maybe he would like to be a smaller fish in a bigger pond for all we know.

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
swag said:
Sounds reasonable. But look how long Abbiati languished at Milan? It's a step up. Unless he really would prefer to be a regular starter for a club like Palermo -- which would be a sweet gig. But more likely, his offers might come more from Lecce and the like.

And not knowing what his motivators are, maybe he would like to be a smaller fish in a bigger pond for all we know.

What part of Italy is Ab from?

Aug 1, 2003
Maybe, but he was supposed to leave for Genoa (Genoa wasnt it?) for this season but that transfer failed thanks to Genoa's problems.I take it that he would prefer to be a starter, which is why I think he'll leave at the end of the season. But you may be right though.

If he DOES leave, it will be a bit sad.. I am getting attached to him.

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
sallyinzaghi said:
Maybe, but he was supposed to leave for Genoa (Genoa wasnt it?) for this season but that transfer failed thanks to Genoa's problems.I take it that he would prefer to be a starter, which is why I think he'll leave at the end of the season. But you may be right though.

If he DOES leave, it will be a bit sad.. I am getting attached to him.

It was indeed Genova :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)