Juventus Teams 1995-2005 (1 Viewer)

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
Which do you think was the best juventus in these 10 years?

1995 team?
1996 team?
1997 team?
1998 team?
1999 team?
2000 team?
2001 team?
2002 team?
2003 team?
2004 team?:down:
2005 team?

I think it was the 1998 squad

Buy on AliExpress.com
Dec 27, 2003
As a milanista who has nonetheless been following Juventus closely during all these years, I consider the 1996-97 Juventus to be your best team in the past 19 years. It won the scudetto with authority and was absolutely brilliant in the CL, crushing all opposition on its way to the final and playing two superb games in the revenge semi against Ajax (the best European games I have seen from a team other than Milan). Unfortunately, just as had been the case with the invincible 1992-93 Milan against Marseille, and in a repeat of the 1983 final against Hamburg, being ultra-favourite proved to be a curse as you lost 3-1 to Dortmund.

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
I say we answer the question after this season is over. It would be an injustice to this squad to not give them a chance to prove that they are as special as they look. Remember this club is now 12-2-0 on the season thusfar, we could be in for a great season.

Stephañho!

Aug 1, 2002
1996-1997, no doubt about it.

Brilliant collective football served by individuals at the peak of their art, and results! That year we lost the CL final to Dortmund (they didn't win this one, we lost it really) and remembering how unanimously acclaimed and superior we were over the rest of Europe I still wonder how this thing was made possible. That insipid, unrecognizable performance turned my world upside down.

BigIzz, no matter the kind of basis we could be on for historical feats, I'll always prefer efficient champagne football to efficient cynical displays.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
We lost against real Madrid too. We were by far the better team, they scored from their only chance. And Mijatović was offside too :(

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Stephañho! ] ++

BigIzz, no matter the kind of basis we could be on for historical feats, I'll always prefer efficient champagne football to efficient cynical displays.
Hey if you could pick, sure it'd be great to see spectactular plays and beautiful football, so long as the team is winning. But I would still rather see Juve play the most boring football on earth and go 36-0-0 then play like the mid-70s Dutch squds reborn and go 35-1-0. To me, winning is the only thing that matters. It doesn't matter how you do it, just that you do. All other things being equal, sure the more actractive the play the better. But I'll take the side that wins more often, every time, regardless of how it happens.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)