Juventus target ‘free’ Pires (1 Viewer)

delwinho

May 28, 2004
Juventus are ready to hand Robert Pires a three-year contract if they can tempt Arsenal to release him on a free transfer.

Reports in Italy on Sunday suggest that the winger is wanted by the Bianconeri just weeks after his countryman, Patrick Vieira, made the same switch.

Pires has just one-year left on his Highbury contract and talks regarding a renewal have stalled.

The winger would like a new two-year deal but the Premiership outfit are only ready to offer him a one-year extension.

That has alerted Juventus who would welcome the 31-year-old but only if no transfer fee is involved.

Turkish giants Galatasaray have also been linked recently, but Pires’ agent insists the Turkish giants are not an option even if he has tellingly left the door open for the Old Lady.

Should Pires, who has spent the last five years at Arsenal, arrive then that may spell the end of Mauro Camoranesi in Turin.

He’s been linked with a switch to Inter, seeing their difficulties in landing Real’s Luis Figo, in a possible swap deal with Dejan Stankovic.

Source:www.Channel4.com

Buy on AliExpress.com

-Tom

Nov 16, 2004
Depends on his wages. I'd prefer a young alternative to Nedved - Pires impressed me more than once during his Arsenal-days, though.

Jul 28, 2002
well id take him on a free, he can cover both neddy and camo on the flanks.

Good cheap option imo if we get him on a free.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
We don't need him. If we want an old left winger we might just as well use Nedved, and after last season Camoranesi will surely play on the right. I doubt Pires would be willing to sit on the bench. Even if he did, with Del Piero and Mutu also likely to sit there our attacking subs would be way too expensive in terms of wages.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
free tastes good. I like Pires and would welcome him. Though I dont want Camoranesi to leave, and not for that Stinky Stankovic

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Pires -Yes! Camoranesi out!?- Hell NO!!!!

As for you Stankovic doesnt anyone remember how he skanked us in a move to Inter after verbally agreeing to join us!? Sod this chump!! Stay at Inter boy.

Jul 28, 2002
realistically is neddy gonna play every game nexy year?
Is camo??

I think it would be a good addition to have pires who can operate both left and right flank covering both camo and neddy.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Pires would obviously add more quality and depth to our midfield so I wouldn't say no to him if he was coming on a free. That said, I'd prefer someone younger though, someone that can be Nedved's understudy for a season or two and then take his place when he retires.

Jul 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
Pires would obviously add more quality and depth to our midfield so I wouldn't say no to him if he was coming on a free. That said, I'd prefer someone younger though, someone that can be Nedved's understudy for a season or two and then take his place when he retires.
what like kapo:cool:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
On one hand we really do not need Pires, especially if his arrival would spell the departure for Camoranesi...even though I highly doubt Moggi would let the latter go in a highly ridiculous deal. On the other hand, the bench looks fairly limited at the moment, and I am always the first to remember that we lack attacking options in midfield who are able to make a difference (see Liverpool match). Pires, although becoming elderly in football terms, would add some control and playmaking ability to the team, either coming off the bench or starting in place of another player, perhaps Nedved. I say lets go ahead and get Pires if Arsenal accept this suspicious deal.

delp_07

Jan 31, 2005
Andy i dont really think we need him hes nothing special in my opinion i personally would like to see an italian come in the squad if we end up signing another winger. Maybe we could sign esposito, and he would eventually take nedved out of the squad if not this year

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by delp_07 ] ++
Andy i dont really think we need him hes nothing special in my opinion i personally would like to see an italian come in the squad if we end up signing another winger. Maybe we could sign esposito, and he would eventually take nedved out of the squad if not this year
You are saying this just because of a more threat to Del Piero's position.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by delp_07 ] ++
Well if you take a look at our current bench you will see we need a couple more attacking options to choose from. Olivera is just not good enough, and of course we already let Kapo go on loan to Monaco. So yes, we need another player who could come off the bench to cover for Nedved or whomever.

Esposito is a good player however he is more of a foward/winger type player, not one to come back in midfield. I am uncertain whether or not he would be able to play right midfield because that job includes a lot of defending for a winger in our system.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++

You are saying this just because of a more threat to Del Piero's position.
I don't think so because Esposito, who he proposes we sign, would be more of a threat to Del Piero than Pires.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)