Juventus Shirts 2020/21 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Jersey came today. Looks great in person. Very casual and less tacky than other jerseys which as I said before I would never wear unless at a match or when playing football.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
is this actually a thing? it's not like third kit has a different sponsor.
I've definitely not dreamt this up...honest. Not sure if it was last season or before I read something contractual about wearing the away and / or third shirts in a minimum number of games. Usually it's a low number, like 6 for the third kit etc.

I suppose the kit sponsors are trying to sell a product, and if the team never wears it then it's harder to sell it. What kid wants to have a kit that they have never seen Ronaldo or Dybala wear?

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I've definitely not dreamt this up...honest. Not sure if it was last season or before I read something contractual about wearing the away and / or third shirts in a minimum number of games. Usually it's a low number, like 6 for the third kit etc.

I suppose the kit sponsors are trying to sell a product, and if the team never wears it then it's harder to sell it. What kid wants to have a kit that they have never seen Ronaldo or Dybala wear?
It's the case when jerseys have different sponsors. Like in 2011-12 when the home jersey had one thing (Betclick) and the pink one another (Bolocco).

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It's the case when jerseys have different sponsors. Like in 2011-12 when the home jersey had one thing (Betclick) and the pink one another (Bolocco).
That's just common sense, but this was a more recent thing (last 3 seasons). Unfortunately I can't find anything to back up my theory, doing a quick check.

I remember that PL clubs in the past could only use their away kit in a certain amount of games, but that has changed now. The addition of third kits removes any possibility of a kit clash.

I remember going to a Coventry game against Chelsea back in the 90s and Chelsea only brought their home blue kit, so it clashed with the home team. The ref wouldn't let them wear it so the only option was to wear Coventry's away shirt, and they put a bit of masking tape across the badge. Coventry won 3-1 and I remember Frank Leboeuf throwing the shirt away in disgust at the final whistle :lol:

DaWlq9vX0AA6y3m.jpg

LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)