Juventus Season 08-09 Analysis (1 Viewer)

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
Nov 25, 2006
Blog: What if…

If Inter do win the Scudetto this weekend then Serafino Ingardia is in no doubts as to whom is responsible – Milan and Juventus!

Inter are just 90 minutes away from the title after a season where they have once again proved to be the most competitive side in the championship. However, their results over the last month or so have illustrated that things could have been so much different at the top of the table if Milan and Juventus were more consistent.

The Rossoneri have to be disappointed with their campaign. Inter do have a better squad, but the gap is not as big as it has been made out to seem. Injuries have hampered them, but that excuse is limited.

For instance, I agree with Silvio Berlusconi when he points the finger of blame at Carlo Ancelotti. The Coach has blatantly failed to build a team that, unlike Inter, can win ugly when it is required.

Juventus too must have regrets, serious ones. They had a massive advantage over Milan in the standings but have wasted it. If you think that the Diavolo had a chance of catching Inter, then what would Juventus have had?

What if Milan hadn’t lost their opening game against Bologna at San Siro or managed to beat Inter in the last derby? What if Juve had continued their positive run even after their Champions League exit instead of collecting five points from the last 18 available? We would indeed be talking about a different campionato, but not a surreal one – results could have easily gone that way.

The Nerazzurri have dropped so many points in recent weeks, but we all saw that coming. Some may argue that Inter would have been more decisive had their rivals been closer, but pressure has never been a good friend for League leaders and especially for the Beneamata.

Take their game against Lazio for example. If that was the result of a little pressure then imagine what would have happened if they had serious rivals for the Serie A crown this season.

The events of this campaign must teach Milan and Juventus a lesson. No matter how strong their rivals look, there will be a way to beat them. To pip Inter to the post next season they’ll have to fight for every ball from the first to the last minute of games. But, perhaps more importantly, they must genuinely be up for it.

---------------------------------------------------------

great blog...agree with it fully!

OP
ZAF3000

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #67
    Remember when people defended the board and Ranieri?

Oh, wait. They still do.
    I defended (sort of) Ranieri at certain points of the season just for the fact that I hate changing coaches in the middle of the season. But whats happening now is beyond any words.

Watching our football, especially in the last 3 months, is all about person efforts. Not tactics no strategies. Its like camoranesi dribbles past 2-3 players gives a cross, iaquinta heads it in. Or Del Piero takes a Free kick and lands an absolutely insane goal. The team is anything but solid. The team is anything but creative. And the team is anything but playing like a team.

Some players are trying hard. Hell, some players have been trying hard all season. But I guess without a proper formation and tactics thats just not good enough.

blondu

Grazie Ale
    Nov 9, 2006
    remember when we thought we were good enough to compete for a title
    remember all those years of glory?...and now we became inter?...remember pavel's goal when he brought the ballon d'or?..and 2 weeks from now he will be gone...remember our captain goals in his own characteristic way? 16 meter shot to the far top corner of the goal...and i cannot remember when was the last time i saw that..remember mama trez and the happiness of her child after scoring a goal? i am so depressed right now :cry: .. gotta visit juve's heartwarming pics again...and again.

Hist

Founder of Hism
    Jan 18, 2009
    It is very sad that all i can wish for at this stage of the league is for Ibrahimovic not to be the cappaconeri.. i cheer on every di vaio goal..
    do you think we'll end up 4rth?

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    Beating Siena is a MUST if we don't want to end up fourth.
    If we don't beat Siena while Fiorentina beats Lecce and Milan beats Roma, then in the last round Milan will have nothing to play for against Fiorentina and no matter if we beat Lazio or not, we will be 4th.

HAZEM

L'architetto
    Apr 22, 2008
    remember all those years of glory?...and now we became inter?...remember pavel's goal when he brought the ballon d'or?..and 2 weeks from now he will be gone...remember our captain goals in his own characteristic way? 16 meter shot to the far top corner of the goal...and i cannot remember when was the last time i saw that..remember mama trez and the happiness of her child after scoring a goal? i am so depressed right now :cry: .. gotta visit juve's heartwarming pics again...and again.
    :cry:

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
    Analysis 2008-2009 = Catastrophic failure.

Need a risk taker and a coach not a cheerleader and a coward. Nice guys finish last, so bring in a ruthless winning coach for next season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)