Juventus - Roma (3 Viewers)

my_hitzJUVE

Dec 14, 2002
Now we already saw the great comeback from our team...FORZA JUVE!!!!!.....Camo is still one of our dangerous man and Zambo shows us that he is still the best....:touched:

the next match against roma as a tonic for us to face barca in the CL and give us high possibility to retain our scudetto 27..

roma won in the last game against parma (2-1) and it show us that they're still interested in UEFA CUP for the next season:D

i think Zambo can't make an appearance against roma (after the yellow card) and how about our defenders.........sometimes they're :wallbang:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Well..we have the delle alpi advantage now, juve must give his best.

hy in the game against bologna,,lippi didnt started with divaio right??
is something wrong with him??

hoshi

Sep 2, 2002
hrm.
the CL is this week too, right?
If we get through to the semis in that then I don't see us losing because I think we'll be riding a bit of a high
But if we lose, which is a distinct possibility, then I think it's more likely that we draw or lose to roma :down:
Unless losing in the CL makes us even more hungry for the scudetto despite the psychological blow, in which case we will win.
So to sum up, I don't know :D

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++
Well..we have the delle alpi advantage now, juve must give his best.

hy in the game against bologna,,lippi didnt started with divaio right??
is something wrong with him??
I Have the Same Question here why isn't Di Vaio starting ??!!:confused:

JuveBoy

Feb 4, 2003
Roma will play on Wednsday against Lazio, so this can be in our advantage. But we have to rest some players like Nedved and Zambrotta for Barca game, which is our last chance!

nina

Feb 18, 2001
Zambrotta will rest anyway, because he can't play against Roma as he has one too many yellow cards.

-Kinas-

Apr 13, 2003
We should be able to scrape through...
but i think it wont be a clean sheet..
probably 2-1 or maybe even 3-2 in a thriller..
our defence isn't working that well against bologna..
but Buffon has showed us why he's worth more than 30million pounds and is the world's most expensive keeper with that fabulous save against Signori's well taken free kick..
hope he can maintain that form and i think we might even win 3-1.

Zalayeta is too afraid to shoot and often pass the ball when he has a scoring chance..
He's also a bit slow and definitely clumsy at times..
But credit to him for holding the ball well..

Del Piero remains to be the spark that is needed to bring Juve back into the run for the double [Serie A and CL]

he needs to rediscover his form to lead Juve into what could be a fabulous season..

my prediction:

Juve 2-1 Roma

1-15mins Juve 1-0 [Di Vaio/Camoranesi*]

55-70 mins Juve 2-0 [Del Piero/Tacchinardi*]

75-90 mins Juve 2-1 [Totti]

which could result in a frantic final 5-10 mins for Juve..

Forza Juve! Win it for us!

*Either one will score or create that particular goal .. =)

Holden

Aug 3, 2002
We could really do with Roma - Lazio going into extra time as we need every advantage we can get. Difficult game to predict, Roma seem to be reaching their best form of the season, while we are erratic.

Just when Zambrotta is playing well, he's suspended so alot depends on Camoranesi. Totti is, as always, Roma's key player. Stop him and we stop Roma.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by hoshi ] ++
hrm.
the CL is this week too, right?
If we get through to the semis in that then I don't see us losing because I think we'll be riding a bit of a high
But if we lose, which is a distinct possibility, then I think it's more likely that we draw or lose to roma :down:
Unless losing in the CL makes us even more hungry for the scudetto despite the psychological blow, in which case we will win.
So to sum up, I don't know :D
The CL is next week not this week, so all of our players should be fully rested, unlike Roma who have a Coppa Italia semifinal match-up... Injury wise Trezeguet, Salas, Fresi and Zenoni are out, while two of our most in form players, Zambrotta and Tacchinardi, are our through suspension :down:

... but as Holden said, if we stop Totti, then we can stop Roma all together. Totti is Roma's engine.. without him they struggle.

Apr 14, 2003
Have to keep an eye on Cassano. This guy is extremely dangerous and he scores brilliantly. Dacourt is also very in-form.

Tough game but Juve should able to win.

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
I think we all agree that it won't be easy facing Roma .. but this will be a severe test to our title creditentals .. we should prove to everyone that we are 'good enough' to win our 27th Scudetto by winning this match and dashing any Milanese hopes in getting anywhere near our Scuetto ..

Roma are having internal problems .. Pelizoli recently critisized the coaching facilitites in Roma whereas Sensi and Capello are still playing their stupid games with the press ..

Technically speaking I think we can beat Roma .. but it will depend on the availability of our players .. playing Zalayeta and Del Piero was a bad idea and if we did it again against Roma then we will be shooting ourselves in the foot .. with all due respect, Zalayeta isn't good enough to wear the Bianconeri shirt .. all that I hear from you guys is that he is good at 'holding the ball' ... how would that benefit us ?? Zalayeta has no clear scoring abilities neither is he good at dribbling nor passing (creating assists) .. in a nutshell, he's useless and is wasting a place in the squad ..

Playing Di Vaio would be much better, as he has a better vision in the field and is also speedy which could suit us especially against the ageing Roma defence ..

Logically speaking, Pessotto should replace Zambro as left-back whereas Tudor should replace Tacchi in central mid .. but as we are all well aware, Senior Lippi sometimes surprises us with his own tactics and player selections ;)

Anyway, I hope Totti and the other Roma players stay unscathed after their Coppa match against Lazio on Wednesday coz if we want to beat Roma .. then we should do it in style !!

Huzi

Oct 9, 2002
AS Roma will be without their central defender , the Argentinian W Sameul / Juve must take full advantage of it cause as we know this player is the most importent defender in the back , as expected the Brazilian Aldair will be the one to replace him & he's not good at all (looking at what he did against Inter) , so i see this as a major boost for us heading to this match

forza Juventus

Huzi

Oct 9, 2002
well , i see the way Juve played in the recent matches as not good but not to the extent that we let a team like Roma beat us & in Torino , i know that we sufferd in our last 3 matches but our last match against Bologna wasn't bad performance from Juve cause we did waste lot of chances in front of goal & on the other side they grapped their only 2 chances in the match but at the end we showed everyone what doeas playing against Juventus mean , we must take full advantage of this high spirit from the Bologna match for the next one against Roma , cause i see that we gained lot from our last match even if we won only one point cause this point showed that the team's high spirit coming back from 0-2 with only 4 minutes remaining / keep faith in our Juve.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
The major problems for juve defense, think will be cassano.
He is a great striker that use all the opportunities that the enemys defense give.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)