Juventus receives fine from UEFA (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
First of all, I am not acting like I'm British. I would very much like to speak another language here but it's not exactly an option, is it? And after living in England four months, you tend to take over some words and habits!

Secondly, if I wanted to act as if I were British then that is my goddam given right and absolutely NONE of YOUR business.
OH come on Erik! don't be so touchy. Besides, you and I both know that calling me a "tosser" or some of that junk is just silly, right? And I've never given you an order to do anything, the comment was made in good fun and as a friendly jab if you catch my meaning. Sorry to offend you.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++
OH come on Erik! don't be so touchy. Besides, you and I both know that calling me a "tosser" or some of that junk is just silly, right? And I've never given you an order to do anything, the comment was made in good fun and as a friendly jab if you catch my meaning. Sorry to offend you.
We are at such different wavelenghts ...

Jul 12, 2002
We are at such different wavelenghts ...
I think it's this whole war thing mate, I know we aren't allowed to talk 'bout it here, but it's really got me down.

Jul 12, 2002
You learn to live with it when your nation gets involved in more wars through time... Got any friends overseas?
I don't have a nation, but I see what you are saying. And I have a lot of friends in a lot of places that I worry about, but I most am conflicted over my role. As a former officer in the Royal Australian Army, I can return to Australia and rejoin the army, and given my rank, I could go to Iraq and fight, if I desired. And while I feel very badly for the Iraqis and want to do my part to help them, I also feel that the main reasons for the invasion aren't worth supporting. Thus, I've been talking to people about it, and I've gotten even less sleep than usual. See?, really distracting, right?

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by lacrease ] ++
Ian is your sleeplessness due to the fact that you cant do anything about the issue which you see as unfair or because you have 2 conflicting views about it?
Yes and no. I can do something about it, like I said, I could go fight with the coalition forces if I wanted. I have confliction though, because I support the goal of bringing freedom and democracy to the people of Iraq, but I can not support the Imperial ambitions of the US.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by lacrease ] ++
I feel the exact same way and am frustrated that I cant do anything to try and hamper the 'colonialist-like' efforts of the US....
It is worrisome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)