Juventus receives fine from UEFA (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by littleD ] ++
Juventus FC have been fined 20,000 CHF for ... lack of organisation during their December 11, 2002 match vs. Basel.
Terrible - team like Juve should be organised ;)

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
lol! well heres another thing that pisses me off: FIFArce Blatter disses Bayer Leverkusen for fielding a weakened side in some CL game. They were trying to avoid relegation.

Funny thing is MU did the same thing, so did we. Blatter said nothing.

Whats with the bias??

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
It's Blatter. No matter what theory you come up with, it's bound to have to do something with black suitcases and green pieces of paper in it. Lots of 'em!

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
the pro-EPL bias amongst well just about EVERYONE is disgusting. I thought the ITV commentators were bad, but I feel big ron has infleuenced the powers that be at the very top of world football!

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Try having your comment posted online at the CNN top ten if it's even midly criticising the EPL!

Seriously, I have commented it several dozens of times but the only entries that ever made it through were pro-EPL!!

nina

Feb 18, 2001
That's why I watch Juve CL games on a croatian TV (rather then on mine), because you can be sure they will be pro-Juve as we have Tudor :D

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
Try having your comment posted online at the CNN top ten if it's even midly criticising the EPL!

Seriously, I have commented it several dozens of times but the only entries that ever made it through were pro-EPL!!
I've tried sending many such e-mails to ITV's programme 'the premiership' but they only read out pro-arsenal e-mails these days!

Ron said somethign along the lines of 'Henry is the best player in the world by a mile' and I actually went to the trouble of making a huge list of superior players, and suggesting Ron get some contact lenses :fero:

but alas, it was a waste of time :sigh:

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
maybe we should consider buying an englishman..how about Wayne Rooney, the best young player in the world? :rolleyes:

can you guess who said that btw? ;)

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
Hmmm ... lemme guess ... Ronnieboy? :D
got it in one...I'm stunned :dazed:

well, IMO he is not the best youngster, but according to the media, and the so called 'experts' he is. Obviously not the same standard as some of the dutch talent coming through I'd bet!

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Well ... we'll see about those Dutch youngsters...

Who would you say is England's biggest talent?

BTW - how about a British National Team? Reckon it could give you guys that little extra you need to win trophees!

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
Well ... we'll see about those Dutch youngsters...
You might not consider them to be so great, but I am sure that if you compare them with up and coming english talent you would feel better about it!

Who would you say is England's biggest talent?
hmm..thats a toughie. We have a couple of very competent keepers in the premiership, so we are pretty good in that department with paul robinson and chris kirkland. We have Jonathon woodgata, who although is getting on a bit is a brilliant defender IMO. Joe Cole has been promising for years, who knows if he will ever make the next step, and newcastle rookie Jermaine Jenas is playing very well this year. On talent alone it has got to be Joe Cole. He is the only top level English player that I have seen that has skills similar to the south americans :dazed:

he can do drag backs, stepovers, anything! so I hope he can add a bit more consistency and then you will hear a lot more of him!

BTW - how about a British National Team? Reckon it could give you guys that little extra you need to win trophees!
hehe..interesting proposal! although realistically it would be mostly England, with perhaps Shay Given in goal, Giggs at left mid, and Bellamy somewhere in the team. It would certainly improve us, but, you know how stubborn us folk are..it will never happen, national pride and all that :groan:

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002

Blasphomy!!!
Please dont sugest that again.... its a truly deplorable idea!

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
You might not consider them to be so great, but I am sure that if you compare them with up and coming english talent you would feel better about it!
We'll see when our teams meet ;)

hmm..thats a toughie. We have a couple of very competent keepers in the premiership, so we are pretty good in that department with paul robinson and chris kirkland. We have Jonathon woodgata, who although is getting on a bit is a brilliant defender IMO. Joe Cole has been promising for years, who knows if he will ever make the next step, and newcastle rookie Jermaine Jenas is playing very well this year. On talent alone it has got to be Joe Cole. He is the only top level English player that I have seen that has skills similar to the south americans :dazed:

he can do drag backs, stepovers, anything! so I hope he can add a bit more consistency and then you will hear a lot more of him!
Joe Cole? Really? I've heard his name but have never really seen him play - I'll keep my eye open for him!

Sounds like you're doing quite well over there with enough new talent coming up! Perhaps English youngsters would get a better chance if it weren't for all those bloody Frenchmen and Dutch, eh?! ;)

hehe..interesting proposal! although realistically it would be mostly England, with perhaps Shay Given in goal, Giggs at left mid, and Bellamy somewhere in the team. It would certainly improve us, but, you know how stubborn us folk are..it will never happen, national pride and all that :groan:
I was really expecting a more heated reply like Paul's :D I suppose some of you are sickened as much by the idea as I was when I heard rumours of an EU team :undecide: :yuck:

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
I was really expecting a more heated reply like Paul's :D I suppose some of you are sickened as much by the idea as I was when I heard rumours of an EU team :undecide: :yuck:
EU team :howler: I never heard of that before!

yeah there's a part of me that would reply in similar fashion to Paul on that one, but to be honest my passionate support for England is seriously beginning to wane :down:

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++

EU team :howler: I never heard of that before!

yeah there's a part of me that would reply in similar fashion to Paul on that one, but to be honest my passionate support for England is seriously beginning to wane :down:

Not having a go tom, but i really dont get that.... whatever happens my support for my country will never change.... supported with the utmost passion til the day i die as with juve whether serie a or c2 , makes no difference to me!

An EU team... uhmm ,to me there is no difference between an eu team and a british team its the same thing a destruction of national identity and pride... both must never happen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)