Juventus' Probable Formation (1 Viewer)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
No no...for the Official Line-up.....(not concidering Formation) i'll just go with the usual juve 4-3-1-2

----------------------------------Buffin-----------------------------
--Thuram------------Tudor-------------Iuliano-------Pessotto
---------------------------------Davids-----------------------------
-----------------Camoranesi--------------Zambrotta-----------
--------------------------------Nedved-----------------------------
-----------------------DV/Trez----------------DP------------------

or u can try Camo as the playmaker and put Zam back on the right and nedved on the left.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Juventuz_com ] ++

I agree.. :thumb::thumb::thumb:
But in front i'd have to say: ---Trez-----DV/DP--
As DV's role was more like DP than Trez in Parma..
DV can dribble, cross and deliver corners just like DP!
Di Vaio is not a Del Piero. DP is a more creative player,whereas DV just has pace. Ale is a must have,either Di Vaio,Salas,Trezeguet or Zalayeta will partner him,possibly 2 of them in a 3 man's attack.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I think that this season we will stick with the 4-3-1-2 scheme meaning that Nedved will play behind 2 strikers with Camo/Zambro on his right and Davids on his left. The defensive midfielder will most likely be Tacchi.

4-3-1-2 : Buffon - Thuram,Iuliano,Montero,Pessotto - Camoranesi,Tacchinardi,Davids - Nedved - Trezeguet,Del Piero

3-5-2 : Buffon - Thuram,Montero,Iuliano - Camoranesi,Tacchinardi,Tudor,Davids,Nedved - Trezeguet,Del Piero

3-4-3 : Buffon - Thuram,Montero,Iuliano - Zambrotta,Tacchinardi,Davids,Nedved - Di Vaio,Trezeguet,Del Piero

What do you guys think?

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
No no...for the Official Line-up.....(not concidering Formation) i'll just go with the usual juve 4-3-1-2

----------------------------------Buffin-----------------------------
--Thuram------------Tudor-------------Iuliano-------Pessotto
---------------------------------Davids-----------------------------
-----------------Camoranesi--------------Zambrotta-----------
--------------------------------Nedved-----------------------------
-----------------------DV/Trez----------------DP------------------

or u can try Camo as the playmaker and put Zam back on the right and nedved on the left.
You forgot Montero!

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by DP's_Apprentice ] ++
Ale is a must have,either Di Vaio,Salas,Trezeguet or Zalayeta will partner him,possibly 2 of them in a 3 man's attack.
nobody is a 'must have' in any team. It all depends on fitness and form, and how well each strike force links together

Sivori

Jul 17, 2002
I disagree, I think that this season any of our strikers could play together to great effect.
The Di Vaio- Trez could work because Di Vaio is a striker who often finishes from far out whereas Trezeguet scores all his goals within the box. I don't think that they would step on each others toes. Also Di Vaios runs could create a lot of space for Trezeguet to finish off moves.

Del Piero - Trezeguet : 40 goals....

Del Piero - Salas: linked up well in the champions league
Both are versitile players who can easily adapt to each others playing style.

Salas - Trezeguet: With trezeguet poaching for goals in the box and Salas usually playing over a large area of the pitch the creativity and skill of Salas could, IMHO, blend very well with Trezeguets ice cool finishing.

Di Vaio - Del Piero : Believe this has worked well so far. Del Piero is, IMO, our most versatile player and can work well with whoever he is partnered with.

Di Vaio - Salas : Of the two Di Vaio is more of a goal-getter, both roam over relatively large areas of the pitch and could cause real trouble to defences - be it man-marking or zonal. With an attacking midfielder who often moves into the box to finish off moves this could be a very good pairing.

An other thought, which might have been posed by someone else on this forum but I do not think so, is that we could play in a style similar to argentina.

Del Piero or Nedved could take the place of Claudio Lopez. With Salas, Camo or DP again on the right side of the attack (Ortega's position). Trezeguet or Di Vaio would play Batistutas role of center-tank.
The wingback roles could be filled by Zambrotta and possibly Thuram and Tudor.
The central-midfield would consist of players such as Davids, Tachh (who has had quite an interesting start to the season so far, If I do say so myself!), Baiocco and all the others.
Unfortunately we do not have a playmaker of Veron's or Aimar's quality, so either Ruben Olivera grows up really fast or we could buy an eminent playmaker.

The defence would consist of the usual supects.

This theory has some holes in it, I admit, but IMO is very interesting.
If you don't count their abysmal Finals performance their World Cup was a huge succes. They played very well and finished top of the group with some great stats attached to their name.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
well, your idea would certainly bring attacking football, and I am all for it!

try fitting del Piero, trezeguet, Di Vaio/Salas, Camo/zambo, Nedved all in the same team, its quite tough!!

i would still love to see all 4 strikers on the pitch together, as follows, but maybe too attacking:

-------------------------------Buffon-----------------------------------
-------Thuram---------------Tudor--------------Montero-----------
-------Zamby---------------Davids--------------Nedved------------
-----------------------------DelPiero-----------------------------------
-----------Salas-------------Trez-----------DiVaio-------------------

worth a go in a coppa game, don't you think?

or there is always the Brazil tactic, we could try that as well

Sivori

Jul 17, 2002
Well, it does seem interesting, if a tad too offensive, it would be interesting to see them try it (as if that is ever gonna happen with any of our tactics ;)), though. Only problem is that the opposition in a coppa match might be so weak that any tactic would work , thereby setting the team up for huge embarassments when faced with tougher opposition.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
true.

One good time to try it would be in the final group game of the CL (say if we were already guaranteed to go through) then even if we lose we still go through..

and who knows it might actually work:eek:

Sivori

Jul 17, 2002
When you say Brazil tactic, do you refer to the one they used in the WC or the classic:

---------GK--------
-----DF-------DF------
WB--------------- WB
-----CM------CM----
---- AM-------AM
-----SC-------SC-----
?
Forgive the lack of structure, such as others have on this thread, but it's my first time writing up a lineup on a comp.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
I meant the one in the WC:

------------------GK-------------------
--------CB-------CB-------CB--------
WB---------------------------------WB
-----------CM----------CM------------
---FR----------FC-------------FL-----

Buffon
Thuram
Tudor
Montero
Zambrotta
LWB(?)
Tacchinardi
Davids
Di Vaio
Trezeguet
Del Piero

problem: no real place for nedved in here, i don't think he could play well as a wing back!

Sivori

Jul 17, 2002
Based from what?
Against Feyenoord the defence played great, only goal came from a free-kick that was allowed to be re-taken and re-positioned - here I think Nedved is the biggest culprit as he continued to run at the kicker. Other than that they didn't really allow Feyenoord any dangerous oportunities - except once when Ferrarra missed his guy.

Atalanta hardly tested our defence so that isn't enough ground to base a descison.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)