Juventus - Perugia (2 Viewers)

danielão

Jul 12, 2002
Take 3 on this thread I believe. The game is in 2 days, so I figured it was safe to start. This could be the scudetto winning thread. :)

Not much in the way of team news that I know off. Nedved of course, as he has been for the last few weeks, is nursing injuries and I would think won't play. I expect a few other key players to sit out as well.

Probable lineups from gazzetta.it...

Juventus(4-4-2): Buffon - Birindelli, Ferrara, Iuliano, Pessotto - Camoranesi, Tacchinardi, Davids, Di Vaio - Del Piero, Zalayeta.

Perugia(3-5-2): Kalac - Sogliano, Di Loreto, Milanese - Ze Maria, Tedesco, Baronio, Blasi, Grosso - Miccoli, Vryzas.

This will be a tough match, no doubt. Perugia is still looking to get into Intertoto Cup position, so they need points as well. But, even a tie could do it in this game.

Juventus tie, Inter tie - Juventus win title
Juventus win, Inter win - Juventus win title
Juventus lose, Inter lose - Juventus win title
Juventus lose, Inter win - 5 point lead, 2 games remaining.

I think those are the correct scenarios.

Forza Juve!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
well, the time has come!!! lets hope the best, another year of suffering and effort is coming to an end!.

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
It's starting to get emotional .. we can officially win our 27th Scudetto this week with a win against Perugia .. I don't think it would be easy though because now we are more focused in the Champions League and Cosmi's Perugia always have a suprise or two for the top sides .. just ask Cuper and he'll tell you !!

Anyway, I think Lippi will go with a nice mix between starters and benchers .. Nedved is set to miss the match, I wonder whether this means that the young Olivera will play even though I think Di Vaio is a better option for that position (left mid) .. Del Piero and Treze both need to play to gain fitness and form back .. while Ferrara is suspended for the 2nd leg against Real .. I think those players might feature too : Pessotto, Birindelli, Zenoni, Tudor, Conte, Di Vaio ..

Good Luck Juve and get us the Scudetto :touched:

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
my starting lineup:

-----------di vaio--------zalayeta---------------

--------------------olivera---------------------------

---pessotto-------------------------conte---------

-----------------------tudor--------------------------

---birindelli----iuliano----ferrara-----zenoni-----

------------------------Buffon--------------------------

iuliano and ferrara should play because they can't play in the next game. the subs should play... they are enough to gain at least a draw.

GoDel

Oct 27, 2002
i think the lineups will be like this

-----------------Del Piero----------------------------Di Vaio-------------------

Zambo----------Conte------------------Tudor------------------------Camo

Pessoto--------------Iuliano-----------Ferrara---------------------Thuram

---------------------------------Buffon-------------------------------------------

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
Nice Line-up GoDel, and welcome to this forum!

I would take out Thuram and give Biri a chance! Maybe I would play with Davids, Tacchi and Montero, as they were (or had to be) rested, and should play a game before the important game against Real.
But I hope this game ends 2-1 with a goal by Miccoli! I am so happy that he will play for Juve! YES!

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
It's starting to get emotional .. we can officially win our 27th Scudetto this week with a win against Perugia .. I don't think it would be easy though because now we are more focused in the Champions League and Cosmi's Perugia always have a suprise or two for the top sides .. just ask Cuper and he'll tell you !!

Anyway, I think Lippi will go with a nice mix between starters and benchers .. Nedved is set to miss the match, I wonder whether this means that the young Olivera will play even though I think Di Vaio is a better option for that position (left mid) .. Del Piero and Treze both need to play to gain fitness and form back .. while Ferrara is suspended for the 2nd leg against Real .. I think those players might feature too : Pessotto, Birindelli, Zenoni, Tudor, Conte, Di Vaio ..

Good Luck Juve and get us the Scudetto :touched:
I think its possible that Olivera will play, as he also played against Roma! Why not against Perugia?

DAVIDZ

Sep 15, 2002
Olivera is out for the match. So are Thuram and Salas. Thuram picked up a slight muscular problem during Tuesdays match vs Real.

I think Lippi will play Davids, Tacch, and Montero for a half and also Camoranesi to sharpen him up a bit. Ferrara, Iuliano, Zenoni, and Birindelli should be the starting D. Upfront, I don't think Lippi will play DP, Trez, or Nedved, especially the czech to rest him for wed's BIG MATCH. Expect to see a DiVaio-Zalayeta partnership up front.

Also, this is in counter to Real's plan to rest ZZ, Figo, RC for the liga game, and Raul + Ronnie should be in the lineup for the BIG MATCH.

GoDel

Oct 27, 2002
++ [ originally posted by DAVIDZ ] ++
Olivera is out for the match. So are Thuram and Salas. Thuram picked up a slight muscular problem during Tuesdays match vs Real.

I think Lippi will play Davids, Tacch, and Montero for a half and also Camoranesi to sharpen him up a bit. Ferrara, Iuliano, Zenoni, and Birindelli should be the starting D. Upfront, I don't think Lippi will play DP, Trez, or Nedved, especially the czech to rest him for wed's BIG MATCH. Expect to see a DiVaio-Zalayeta partnership up front.

Also, this is in counter to Real's plan to rest ZZ, Figo, RC for the liga game, and Raul + Ronnie should be in the lineup for the BIG MATCH.
i heard that raul and ronnie are unable for the next wednesday match :confused:

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Lets hope so !!!

This match will be close, very close !!! I expect Lippi to play some starters, but Ferrara and Iuliano should play most of the game. Di Vaio should also start up front- he still needs to sharpen up. What about Trez ???

Juve 1 Perugia 1

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
i think raul will be still out for the big game and if they put him in i doubt he'll play the whole 90 minutes, about ronaldo i dont know and i just hope he and zidane are still injured for the big game, and with figo i dont care that much we can take care of him

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Thuram and Nedved should definetely be rested, and it wouldn't be a bad idea for Tacchinardi to sit this one out either.

Here's my lineup:

Buffon
Birindelli Ferrara Montero Pessotto
Camoranesi Conte Davids Zambrotta
Trezeguet Del Piero

Likely SUBS:
Zalayeta for Trezeguet
Di Vaio for Del Piero
Tacchinardi for Conte
Olivera for Zambrotta

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
Thuram and Nedved should definetely be rested, and it wouldn't be a bad idea for Tacchinardi to sit this one out either.

Here's my lineup:

Buffon
Birindelli Ferrara Montero Pessotto
Camoranesi Conte Davids Zambrotta
Trezeguet Del Piero

Likely SUBS:
Zalayeta for Trezeguet
Di Vaio for Del Piero
Tacchinardi for Conte
Olivera for Zambrotta
i agree.dp and trez should play,and conte deserves more of a chance now that the season's almost over.and we need to experiment with the zambro/camo situation,and playing zamby on the left midfield seems reasonable to me:)

like that lineup alot fantasista!:thumb:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)