Juventus Next Gen (69 Viewers)

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Just to understand - Padova qualified because in the regular standings they had a higher position, therefore it was up to Juve to beat Padova and not the other way?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Just to understand - Padova qualified because in the regular standings they had a higher position, therefore it was up to Juve to beat Padova and not the other way?
Yes exactly that. Tbf I don't think it's completely unfair, Padova finished 2nd, 31 points ahead of Juve U23 and only 5 points off the title and automatic promotion, they deserve some advantage. The playoff format is already very generous in allowing 10 teams to qualify (JU23 finished 8th), it's not like when teams 2nd-5th play each other for example.

Jun 16, 2020
Lo Sporting CP sta negoziando con la Juventus per l'arrivo di Israel, portiere italo-uruguaiano dell'U23. La valutazione di mercato del classe 2000 è poco superiore al milione di euro. [Giacomo Iacobellis - TMW]

Sporting wants Israel, his value is 1m

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
We paid something like double that for him, but his contract is up in 2023. Tbh he's too erratic for my liking, but might still have a good career. Keepers take a while to mature.

Jun 16, 2020
We paid something like double that for him, but his contract is up in 2023. Tbh he's too erratic for my liking, but might still have a good career. Keepers take a while to mature.
I like him, he has potential. Pulls of some great saves every now and then, but didn’t realize that we paid 2m for him, that’s a lot for his age.

There are some ugly fees that will be difficult to brush away. Time and amortization are on our side though, but players Correia or Peeters will (at this point) never be sold for the money we paid for them (10m and 4m). Same story for Marques

https://www.transfermarkt.nl/juventus-turin-u23/alletransfers/verein/41101

Never really paid attention to this, but seeing that list makes me realize how difficult it actually is to fully understand what’s going on in our youth teams. Some inflated seasons due to plusvalenza swaps

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 65)