Juventus Next Gen (9 Viewers)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Oh yeah, always forget they have a Coppa. So he played in them later in the year but nothing in the league. Must just be a coach who has a set XI and he never got a look in despite his strong first game.

Catanzaro are flying though, if you look at those games where he was on the bench, they won all but three of them (three draws), so it's hard to change a team like that. They will surely be in B next season.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
hungarian goalie senkó zsombor left the u23 team and returned to hungary, joined a 2nd division team (diósgyőr) on a permanent contract. no details on the transfer fee so far. that team is owned by a local oligarch and aiming return to the 1st division but i don't think they paid too much

Jun 16, 2020
hungarian goalie senkó zsombor left the u23 team and returned to hungary, joined a 2nd division team (diósgyőr) on a permanent contract. no details on the transfer fee so far. that team is owned by a local oligarch and aiming return to the 1st division but i don't think they paid too much
He wasn’t very bad I recall, quite good in fact.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
If we have so many talents, how come they can't make to serie B? The question seem "questioning" but I mean it honestly. Since I am not watching them, how come they aren't stepping up?

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
If we have so many talents, how come they can't make to serie B? The question seem "questioning" but I mean it honestly. Since I am not watching them, how come they aren't stepping up?
Most the talent is with the primavera, and the ones with next gen are having to cover for injured players with the senior squad.

Jun 16, 2020
There are many reasons, overal the truth is that it isn’t easy with a group of guys between 17 and 21 y/o against experienced teams. And that while having the weight of the club, others teams obviously tend to give extra against Juventus even if it’s the youth. It happens often that we play with players who elsewhere in Italy would’ve played in Primavera 1. If we compare it with other big clubs they have their youth in the 3th league aswel.

Mostly player development should be kept in mind, not necessarily the results. One could argue that becoming 7th in Serie C might be better for the development proces than last in Serie B

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
When you send a player to Serie B, you're in all likelihood sending him to oblivion, unless the team campaigns really well and win lots of games.

Otherwise, the guy gets surrounded by mediocrity and it gets really tough to stand out.

Actually the same is worth for loaning out to shitty Serie A teams.

The point is a talented player who struggles in Serie B or in a shitty Serie A team wouldn't necessarily struggle playing for the main Juventus team, in a reduced role. It would be actually easier, specially depending on the player's characteristics. I guy like Soulé, for example, if loaned out to a mid Serie B team, would probably disappear to never be found again.

So basically, the way to really develop youth is in the first team, as it's happening now - but it's happening as an exception, because of injuries and the poor quality of the squad. They really should learn from this and start actually putting more trust in youngsters who have shown potential. We've been saying this forever, and this is the reason Italy doesn't develop more talent. They have too little trust.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Thanks for all your input, I understand. I just figured that the step from NG to senior would be smoother if the team was in Serie B. But then just the experience of playing in a real league against experienced players is enough.
And I agree fully with the last part, @PedroFlu too little trust and patience. A well functioning team should be able to perform even if you put on, for example, Iling Junior instead of Kostic. It's a less potent team but it shouldn't be the end of the world. That is, if the team otherwise is a team with a more instructive coach than "*poke* do something".

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Said it a few times before, check what divisions the B teams of other leading Euro teams play in. It's rare if one makes it to the second tier, and they never stay very long. If anyone is good they often get a first team chance quickly so that team loses quality. The players are mostly young and naive players learning on the job in a league full of experienced pros who might have played all their careers in 2-3 tier. Also the squad changes many players every season so there is a lack of continuity, the team takes so long to gel and by that point a lower play-off position is a good finish.

The main issue this season is that so many players have been lost to the first team squad, but it's not really about getting JNG as high as possible, players come first. Obviously in an ideal world we'd play in Serie B, they would play against better players and the step wouldn't be quite so high, but I'm not sure how realistic it is.

If I pick an illustrious team like Real Madrid who develop a lot of players, their Castilla team last did well in the Spanish second tier in 2012-13 and they finished 8th with players such as Morata, Jese, Casemiro, Nacho, Fabinho, Cheryshev and other solid players. Obviously that's an exceptional team in terms of talent for that level, but many quickly moved up and next season they finished 20th and went back to the third tier, and have been there ever since. I think the best JNG can do is go up in the play-offs and go straight back down, unless an exceptional group of players comes together for a couple of consecutive seasons.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
✍️ Gianmarco #DiBiase (born in 2005) will sign for #Juventus from #Pistoiese. 4-years contract. Expected a meeting to close the deal next week. #transfers

[Nicolò Schira]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)