Juventus Next Gen (15 Viewers)

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
It's great to see our youth facilities finally catching up to the other big teams in Europe. Sure running a separate U23 team that makes a net negative on paper sounded useless to some which is why no other Italian team started one when they had the opportunity in 2018, but the gems we've already unearthed from this 4 year stint is better than any time in our history really and has made it all worth it. And I think the most important thing here is that you get a very loyal, young and mainly Italian core willing to accept lower wages, which is what we unfortunately have to start relying on the more the PL starts to tempt away most talent.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I'm not sure how much the U23 costs per year to run exactly, as it is heavily influenced by transfers, but , combined with the entire youth sector, if you can uncover a couple of players like Fagioli and Miretti (not to mention any others) then I think it's fair to say it pays for itself and more. What would we be quoted to buy either of these players from a Sassuolo or Empoli? And as mentioned above, the salary is incremental rather than starting off at €3-4m. Or the alternative is a foreign player with either a big freebie salary or a larger salary and €25m+ fee. You can't lose as long as these kids have talent. And those who don't quite make the grade we can still sell for a tidy profit.

Jun 16, 2020
I agree with @JuveJay, it will probably pay for itself.

I believe that we have something special compared to other teams in Italy and Europe. For the simple reason that we don’t have to compete with other teams in Italy, we have the luxury with the U23 to offer something other teams don’t have. Whilst in other countries, big teams will have to compete more for the signature of a young player due to other big clubs having a U23 aswel

Just look how many Italian players were once again selected for Italy U18 and U19: Daffara, Dellavalle, Hasa, Mancini, Turco, Domanico, Ripani and Anghele.

Inter represented with 5 players and Milan with 3. We have as much as both of them combined and with Miretti and Fagioli being selected for the seniors for the first time. And than there are Turicchia and Mulazzi (U20) plus Rovella and Ranocchia (U21). Inter and Milan will have some player at U20/21 aswel, to lazy to count them.

I said it in the other thread a few weeks ago, the volume of young talented player we have is insanely high. And I’m only focusing on Italian players now.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
Yeah, crazy how no other Italian team took the opportunity when it presented itself. It's a completely another story pitting primavera players against each other compared to an actual league with the potential to win real cups and progress up the ranks, and it allows us to keep our talented youth instead of sending them out all over the world with the possibility of never getting them back. With Fagioli, Miretti, Iling Jr, Soule and co. it's already paid itself back in 4 years, and we can pick out game tested and fit players for the first team during injury problems with relative ease.

Dino_mk

Sep 5, 2007
Running U23 team shouldn't be too much financial issue, on contrary it should be profitable business on long-term.
There are enough examples of similar run primavera and even first teams in Europe that develop young talents and then sell them for profit.
I am not suggesting that Juve should become selling club, but if you can grow some of the needed players it means saved finances on transfers.

Last edited:

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Barbieri had another good game, he’s really starting to establish himself this season. Probably ahead of Mulazzi now. He reminds me of a young De Sciglio, can play both flanks and is a balanced player. I can’t find it but there was an interview with his manager at Novara Simone Banchieri a couple days ago where he pretty much said Barbieri was the best player he’s ever coached. I did find this quote from him as well, though the translation kinda sucks.

Debut in the Champions League Tommaso Barbieri with the Juventus jersey after great tests in Next Gen, the technician who got him running in C at Novara spoke to juventusnews24 Simone Banchieri. “I had him at the National Alevi in Novara. The first year we lost the Scudetto to Juventus, the next year we won it. Then I moved to the first team and immediately brought him in amid general skepticism because he was not ready for everyone. It was premature. I thought he was ready. In the first friendly matches we faced Milan Teo Hernandez, Calhanoglu Kessy. The match ended 1-1 and he was the best on the field, he canceled Piatek. We also played against Juventus, he scored Cristiano Ronaldo, who did not score. Paratici I said “look, this guy also plays for you, not only in C”, and then I made him play all year in C. With him we always reached the semi-final of the playoffs against Reggiana. He was always in the starting lineup and was the best in a strong team.”

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Barbieri had another good game, he’s really starting to establish himself this season. Probably ahead of Mulazzi now. He reminds me of a young De Sciglio, can play both flanks and is a balanced player. I can’t find it but there was an interview with his manager at Novara Simone Banchieri a couple days ago where he pretty much said Barbieri was the best player he’s ever coached. I did find this quote from him as well, though the translation kinda sucks.

Debut in the Champions League Tommaso Barbieri with the Juventus jersey after great tests in Next Gen, the technician who got him running in C at Novara spoke to juventusnews24 Simone Banchieri. “I had him at the National Alevi in Novara. The first year we lost the Scudetto to Juventus, the next year we won it. Then I moved to the first team and immediately brought him in amid general skepticism because he was not ready for everyone. It was premature. I thought he was ready. In the first friendly matches we faced Milan Teo Hernandez, Calhanoglu Kessy. The match ended 1-1 and he was the best on the field, he canceled Piatek. We also played against Juventus, he scored Cristiano Ronaldo, who did not score. Paratici I said “look, this guy also plays for you, not only in C”, and then I made him play all year in C. With him we always reached the semi-final of the playoffs against Reggiana. He was always in the starting lineup and was the best in a strong team.”
:scared: :yuck: :inter:

Jun 16, 2020

Great for our kids but also the Mantova players to get a chance to play at J Stadium.
Today was a special day, besides the Next Gen playing in the stadium, there was a ‘around the table’ with Agnelli, Gravina, Cherubini and speakers like Rafa Benitez, Morata and Khedira.

It wasn’t just about our second team but more about the importance of having one, comparing it with other countries, how it could help players and how damaging loans can be. Probably it’s easier translating some pages.

I’m really happy though, after the press conference a few months ago to again speaking out loud about this team confirms that the board is real about this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)