Juventus Membership (14 Viewers)

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Can anyone explain to me the whole idea of the juventus membership thing, I'm thinking about it but what does it entail?

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

That's up to you. The default is h264/mp3/avi (because it's by far the most well tested by myself). But you can set these parameters to what you want.
That's fail. I know people which would crucify you for using that container for h264. :p

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
That's fail. I know people which would crucify you for using that container for h264. :p
lol here we go.

Allow me to quote Linus Torvalds: the great is the enemy of the good.

It's like mp3. Not the most optimal, but by far the best supported. And so is avi. You give someone an avi, they know what to do with it, they can play it probably. You give someone matroska and they have no idea. The point is to be useful far and above being perfect.

Btw you can set mkv or ogm or mp4 or whatever the heck you want instead :) But the default is gonna be the most useful pick.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

lol here we go.

Allow me to quote Linus Torvalds: the great is the enemy of the good.

It's like mp3. Not the most optimal, but by far the best supported. And so is avi. You give someone an avi, they know what to do with it, they can play it probably. You give someone matroska and they have no idea. The point is to be useful far and above being perfect.

Btw you can set mkv or ogm or mp4 or whatever the heck you want instead :) But the default is gonna be the most useful pick.
I wholeheartedly agree. However, for my personal usage, I'd go with the more capable and "perfect" solution. For default, your choice is correct.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)