Juventus has option on Zlatan? (1 Viewer)

OP

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
  • Thread Starter #64
    ++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
    and d'allessandro...and a rumour for lampard, and a rumour for this that and the other.
    Yeah yeah there has been a lot of rumours, but this rumour says that there is an option, thats what makes this rumour more interessting.

xNeo

Feb 10, 2004
    If we get Zlatan I will be stoked. I think he's a better support striker than "Prima Punta". But this guys is quick, and he's got moves. I would rather Zlatan then Del Piero or Trez. And we're not gett Gila, how about Delrossi, who's he play for? He's pretty good!

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
    Comparing Gila and Imbrahimovic is like comparing apples and oranges. On the current set up I would prefer Zlatan because he is more versatille than Gilardino. As John points out, his ability to hold the ball is amazing, a la V. Nisterlooy, and he got some mad skills. Furthermore, I likes his burst of pace, even if he isnt that fast player. Acceleration is more important for forward IMO. However, this is based on the assumption that Trezeguet and Alex are going to be our long term attackers. I love Alex and I rate David's ability to find net, and I have been very few who defend him. But there is no way he is better than Zila and the latter will surely establish himself as the world's best in few years time. Gila is more invovled in the build up, and simply has better eye for goal. His ability to hit the ball a temp earlier reminds me of Batistuta (But Batti can put a lot *spiece* on the ball as well :cool:). And there are few in the world who is better than Gilardino in the air. At the end of day, I dont like hybrid types likes Zlatan, and prefer prototype players a la Gila. There are simply more effective if they are parterned with good complementary players.
    And that is why players like Gila, Tevez will be in demand much more than Zlatan, and they are the players that I truely want.

reneu

Jul 2, 2004
    hm, but what will juve do, if they buy one striker now? then there would be too many strikers when they get zlatan next year.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    i think what all have to understand is that Gilardino is being hunted and will be hunted by the likes of Roma and even Milan. When this happens, other big teams win out simply because Moggi wont go that extra step in trying to secure that player by adding another 5 million or so like milan would do. The way i see it is that Moggi has gone for a striker who Capello admires and a striker who really is capable of being a superstar, just like Gilardino and even Torres for that matter.

Come next season, if Saviola is able to join, its still a big IF, but it would be amazing to have Zlatan, Saviola and Miccoli as our future strikeforce. its a combination that has just about everything. And who cares if none are going to score 20+ goals because between them, they will score maybe 40 or even more. they can all score and create....and most of all, i think capello prefers that in forwards. thats why zlatan has always been a favourite of capello.

i say let Milan and Roma fight over gilardino, hopefully Roma buys him, goes in such bad debt that they have to sell all their stars:D

kweku

Jul 20, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Jun-hide ] ++
    I dont like hybrid types likes Zlatan, and prefer prototype players a la Gila. There are simply more effective if they are parterned with good complementary players.
    Yep so true, Zlatan game is probably more allround, but he doesnt come near Gilardino in terms of scoring, Zlatan has so far not even managed to score more than 14-15 goals in the dutch league, Season 2002-2003 he scored 13 goals out of 97, even do he was their main striker, thats not so impressive if you ask me. Kezman scored 99 league goals in four seasons and he is still not as higly regarded as Zlatan. However Gilardino has only been great for 6 months, so I would never pay the amount for mentioned with him, and watching the olympics i can clearly say his ego is growing.

OP

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
  • Thread Starter #78
    ++ [ originally posted by kweku ] ++

Yep so true, Zlatan game is probably more allround, but he doesnt come near Gilardino in terms of scoring, Zlatan has so far not even managed to score more than 14-15 goals in the dutch league, Season 2002-2003 he scored 13 goals out of 97, even do he was their main striker, thats not so impressive if you ask me. Kezman scored 99 league goals in four seasons and he is still not as higly regarded as Zlatan. However Gilardino has only been great for 6 months, so I would never pay the amount for mentioned with him, and watching the olympics i can clearly say his ego is growing.
    He is a goalscorer of course he has to be a little ego, thats why he scored 23 goals last season, its the others who shall pass the ball to him and create, not Gilardino, he is a finisher.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by _Emerson ] ++

He is a goalscorer of course he has to be a little ego, thats why he scored 23 goals last season, its the others who shall pass the ball to him and create, not Gilardino, he is a finisher.
    yeap, and look at Zlatan's ego... :yuck:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)