Juventus given wake-up call (1 Viewer)

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by ZAF3000 ] ++

Well thats true,, and I see Del Piero as a big boost for us during big matches. Just check the Matches of the CL. They were all tough, and he was there. Match against Roma and Lazio (although at Lazio he missed one easy shot. but never the less the team had spirit).
I won't talk about last season since the whole team was down. Look at the season before, the season where we played against AC Milan in the Final. In that season the whole team was playing well, but still you cannot miss that Alex Del Piero scored 16 goals in 24 games in the Scudetto and 5 goals in the Champions League.

So yes he does game the team a spirit boost when he's playing.

whatever you say, but all i remember are all the crappy champions league finals he has played over the years

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++

whatever you say, but all i remember are all the crappy champions league finals he has played over the years
He was poor in the 96 final but we won anyways and in 97 he came off the bench and scored. He played well in the 98 final against Real and wasn't that bad at Old Trafford in 2003.

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

He was poor in the 96 final but we won anyways and in 97 he came off the bench and scored. He played well in the 98 final against Real and wasn't that bad at Old Trafford in 2003.

it was a pain watching him in both 98 and 03

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I beg to differ. He created some quality chances, one glaring opportunity in particular for Pippo Inzaghi, against Real in 98. In our most recent final he struggled a bit, but so did most of the Juve players on display.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)