Juventus given wake-up call (1 Viewer)

Alessio

Aug 3, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

Chief executive Giraudo also commenced a war of words with Lapo Elkann after the FIAT director, whose company are the club’s major shareholders, commented that Juventus "should smile more" and buy Antonio Cassano in the summer.
I think he's perfectly right.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jan 24, 2004
check the financial report of October - December 2004 and then you will know why Moggi didn't invest more intensively. When will people realize and understand that buying players is not like playing monopoly?! daydreamers.

Paid-off-Ref

Dec 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by kurvengeflüster ] ++
check the financial report of October - December 2004 and then you will know why Moggi didn't invest more intensively. When will people realize and understand that buying players is not like playing monopoly?! daydreamers.

Why in the world can't they reduce the damn costs so we can get a decent profit margin ? Why is it that every year we get a higher income but we can never make profit ?

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
not sure why moggi is having a go...if people blame capello, i think moggi should be blamed as well.

the squad isnt good enough. the core base players do not have back up. moggi didnt bring enough good players into the squad. he sold players who could really be important players now for the team, ie. maresca and miccoli. he thought that cannavaro and zebina were enough for defence. he and capello thought that iuliano, montero, legro and tudor were all good enough back up.

as for capello...his tactics are boring and we dont score enough. he doesnt want to try and play more attacking football when its clear players like olivera are more than capable.

facts are facts, juve were solid at the start of the season but never pulled out brilliant results. 1-0 wins in the CL isnt impressive, its just solid results.

This meeting may wake up the players, but its not going to change the core reasons of why th eteam isnt playing well now.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++
not sure why moggi is having a go...if people blame capello, i think moggi should be blamed as well.

the squad isnt good enough. the core base players do not have back up. moggi didnt bring enough good players into the squad. he sold players who could really be important players now for the team, ie. maresca and miccoli. he thought that cannavaro and zebina were enough for defence. he and capello thought that iuliano, montero, legro and tudor were all good enough back up.

as for capello...his tactics are boring and we dont score enough. he doesnt want to try and play more attacking football when its clear players like olivera are more than capable.

facts are facts, juve were solid at the start of the season but never pulled out brilliant results. 1-0 wins in the CL isnt impressive, its just solid results.

This meeting may wake up the players, but its not going to change the core reasons of why th eteam isnt playing well now.
That about sums things up..................:down:

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
Juventus given wake-up call
Friday 11 February, 2005
Juventus officials have reportedly held crisis talks with the squad in a bid to end their alarming slump in results.

The Bianconeri have lost their last two League games which seem to have jeopardised their Scudetto hopes.

Although the Turin giants are still top, losses to Palermo and Sampdoria have allowed Milan to close the gap from eight to just two points.

Now reports in Italy suggest that the whole squad have been confronted by Juventus’ infamous ‘triad’ and boss Fabio Capello.

Luciano Moggi, Antonio Giraudo and Roberto Bettega allegedly spent 40 minutes with the squad on Thursday, once all their players had returned from international duty.

It is understood that Moggi was the first to speak, followed by Capello, in a meeting where voices were thought to have been raised.

It has been a difficult week for the Old Lady of Italian football, after Moggi hit out at the standard of refereeing in Serie A.

The club’s director general also criticised goalkeeper Gigi Buffon after he admitted that Milan were perhaps "technically better" than Juventus.

Chief executive Giraudo also commenced a war of words with Lapo Elkann after the FIAT director, whose company are the club’s major shareholders, commented that Juventus "should smile more" and buy Antonio Cassano in the summer.

It now remains to be seen whether yesterday’s meeting has had the desired effects as Juventus prepare to face Udinese on Sunday.
I would like to know what exactly happened.

Dr-Juve

Mar 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++
We have the players and we have the quality ...we just need them on-form....

Forza Juve!
other than Buffon, Zlatan, Cann and to seom extents Zamb
can u name them please?

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
I think this meeting was important at this time , to tell the players that they should give 100% effort and to play till the end OR the scudetto and cl is over:(

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++

I do agree with the rest of your post.

Just think about this though: IF this squad really isn't good enough, should we not be happy and give the credit to Capello. The Capello, who according to you, uses a squad that isn't good enough, yet he did bring us on top. So all in all, aren't we doing relatively brilliantly if you look at it that way?

Jan 24, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Paid-off-Ref ] ++

Why in the world can't they reduce the damn costs so we can get a decent profit margin ? Why is it that every year we get a higher income but we can never make profit ?
name me one branch in Europe which doesn't struggle with rising costs..

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Dr-Juve ] ++

other than Buffon, Zlatan, Cann and to seom extents Zamb
can u name them please?

++ [ originally posted by Eaglesnake_1 ] ++
Nedved, DP, Thuram, Emerson, Camo, doesnt have the quality??????
I also mentioned if our team and players where inform no one can stop us....because we got what is needed to win anything...

Sep 14, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Dominic ] ++

Just think about this though: IF this squad really isn't good enough, should we not be happy and give the credit to Capello. The Capello, who according to you, uses a squad that isn't good enough, yet he did bring us on top. So all in all, aren't we doing relatively brilliantly if you look at it that way?
We are definitely overachieving this season.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Dominic ] ++

you raise a very good point.

once again, it comes down to be being solid. capello has a quality starting line up, i did mention that. but its replacements are lacking IMO.

And lets think about things so far this season. The only rival team in terms of points is Milan. Milan havent been playing well which is understandable after having a very good previous two seasons. But they are looking better now. Inter is the only the real other team who is threat and they are only starting to gel together now and are performing some very good football.

Juve has been solid and are lucky that the other Serie A rivals havent really turned it on this season.

Full credit to Capello for the job he has done so far, but that doesnt mean he cant do a better job and be more offensive. We are top of the table and we cant score more than 1 or 2 goals a game, even if we play bottom teams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)