Juventus given wake-up call (2 Viewers)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Juventus given wake-up call
Friday 11 February, 2005
Juventus officials have reportedly held crisis talks with the squad in a bid to end their alarming slump in results.

The Bianconeri have lost their last two League games which seem to have jeopardised their Scudetto hopes.

Although the Turin giants are still top, losses to Palermo and Sampdoria have allowed Milan to close the gap from eight to just two points.

Now reports in Italy suggest that the whole squad have been confronted by Juventus’ infamous ‘triad’ and boss Fabio Capello.

Luciano Moggi, Antonio Giraudo and Roberto Bettega allegedly spent 40 minutes with the squad on Thursday, once all their players had returned from international duty.

It is understood that Moggi was the first to speak, followed by Capello, in a meeting where voices were thought to have been raised.

It has been a difficult week for the Old Lady of Italian football, after Moggi hit out at the standard of refereeing in Serie A.

The club’s director general also criticised goalkeeper Gigi Buffon after he admitted that Milan were perhaps "technically better" than Juventus.

Chief executive Giraudo also commenced a war of words with Lapo Elkann after the FIAT director, whose company are the club’s major shareholders, commented that Juventus "should smile more" and buy Antonio Cassano in the summer.

It now remains to be seen whether yesterday’s meeting has had the desired effects as Juventus prepare to face Udinese on Sunday.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Geof

May 14, 2004
:dazed:

This must be scary... having the triad shouting at you... brrr...

but maybe Moggi should look at the players and realise we don't have enough quality to perform 45 matches a year...

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++
We have the players and we have the quality...we just need them on-form....

Forza Juve!
i agree totally we have the quality in our side to beat any side in the world when we are on form over the last few weeks the players have lost the drive and hunger to succeed at any cost. its great to finally see moggi and capello etc take some action and try to bring the best out of the players and hopefully we will see a winning performance full of pride this weekend and show the whole of europe we are still alive and to be feared,a wounded animal is most dangerous.

forza juve:fero:

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
you should know nicole when fergie gives united the hairdryer treatment they respond why cant capello do the same and get the best from juve they needed a wake up call

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
"It is understood that Moggi was the first to speak, followed by Capello, in a meeting where voices were thought to have been raised."

I think Capello should had parked his @$$ along side the other players... :down:

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
haha :) start to practice having ball possession and passings. Then practice freekicks and crosses. THen we will own. Zlatan hafta work on his headings too. Then we will rock europe!!

Aug 26, 2003
I think the "meeting" was very important and maybe needed! I think over the last weeks nearly the whole Juventus made mistakes! Moggi should have bougth a new defender (as back up) and maybe a creative midlefielder and his policy with selling all our back up defenders is IMO not that good! Also Capello he made also some bad decisions and his tactics didn't work out very well too! But also the players should be criticised as they didn't perform well lately!

I think maybe a speak out did well to them and i hope we return to winning ways!

forza juve

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Eire ] ++

i agree totally we have the quality in our side to beat any side in the world when we are on form over the last few weeks the players have lost the drive and hunger to succeed at any cost. its great to finally see moggi and capello etc take some action and try to bring the best out of the players and hopefully we will see a winning performance full of pride this weekend and show the whole of europe we are still alive and to be feared,a wounded animal is most dangerous.

forza juve:fero:
Yes.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
No......there's no crisis, like many of you here have said.........:rolleyes:

Now, even the management knows there is................

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Yeah we sure seem to be in crisis. I do not really see us continuing with it though. The problem has been with our attacks and Capello has probably been working with our troops to improve that. The Goalkeeping coach is probably working with Buffon to help him in his quest to improve on high crosses. We should bounce back after this.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by David Del Piero ] ++
haha :) start to practice having ball possession and passings. Then practice freekicks and crosses. THen we will own. Zlatan hafta work on his headings too. Then we will rock europe!!

Moggi should read the forums.

Mar 8, 2004
i dont think that moggi of all the people should be among the people to talk to the squad, knowing fully that we need atleast some new players this january which he refused to buy. but i believed we can still win the league.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)