Juventus Fans in the USA (2 Viewers)

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Sorry for misunderstanding but posts like

"towel heads 1, USA 0"

"no more serie A on tv" etc. etc. kind of lead to the idea that you guys are under the impression Al Jazeera would buy the rights to deprive you of watching it....which is dumb.
Well what can you do, some here are just ordinary people after all.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Sorry for misunderstanding but posts like

"towel heads 1, USA 0"

"no more serie A on tv" etc. etc. kind of lead to the idea that you guys are under the impression Al Jazeera would buy the rights to deprive you of watching it....which is dumb.
That is not where I was going with it. As of right now, Al Jazeera is not available in a lot of US markets, mine included. So, unless they have a partnership that they will be announcing with ESPN and the like, a lot of us are screwed. Especially since most cable companies, mine included, will only add foreign programming if their is an overwhelming demand for it. And the region I live has a lot of people of spanish, italian, and portugese descent, thereby minimizing my chances to get Al Jazeera.

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
That is not where I was going with it. As of right now, Al Jazeera is not available in a lot of US markets, mine included. So, unless they have a partnership that they will be announcing with ESPN and the like, a lot of us are screwed. Especially since most cable companies, mine included, will only add foreign programming if their is an overwhelming demand for it. And the region I live has a lot of people of spanish, italian, and portugese descent, thereby minimizing my chances to get Al Jazeera.
Yeah but why would they spend so much buying the rights to a sports league if they didn't have plans to have a mass market watching it?

Also to the dickhead -

----

This message is hidden because Raz is on your ignore list.
View Post

Remove user from ignore list

-----

You can give up now.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Yeah but why would they spend so much buying the rights to a sports league if they didn't have plans to have a mass market watching it?

Also to the dickhead -

----

View Post

-----

You can give up now.
Well of course they aren't going to purchase the rights to Serie A if they don't plan on showing it here but that means there is every chance they wouldn't allow ESPN's free streaming service to continue like it is now.

OP

Verge

Apr 17, 2008
  • Thread Starter #28
    Wow some of you are dumb....why would they buy the us rights if they didn't plan on people watching it?

"Questions surrounding how Al Jazeera Sports Network plans on broadcasting Serie A and La Liga games next season remain unanswered. Expect more details to be announced in the coming months. "

http://www.serieatalk.com/exclusive...ork-wins-serie-a-us-tv-rights-say-source-3888

Chill out....
    Pretty sure they already announced La Liga would be shown in Arabic, i'm guessing the same with Serie A.

Before sounding like a jerkoff you need to realize:

1. Hardly anybody offers al jazeera

2. i don't want to watch that shit in arabic

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    They're probably just going to taunt us. Hold the programming over our heads and force us to stream in low quality while running sideline stadium adds about how awesome it is that America can't see Italian Feet. At least that's what I would do.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Well of course they aren't going to purchase the rights to Serie A if they don't plan on showing it here but that means there is every chance they wouldn't allow ESPN's free streaming service to continue like it is now.
    What concerns me is that it is going to require me to subscribe to Al Jazeera's US Based cable channel, and I don't have that on my current service. I don't have an issue subscribing to it if that is what it takes, but its not even available to me yet.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    Pretty sure they already announced La Liga would be shown in Arabic, i'm guessing the same with Serie A.

Al Jazeera has English programming. They even have an American affiliate.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    They're probably just going to taunt us. Hold the programming over our heads and force us to stream in low quality while running sideline stadium adds about how awesome it is that America can't see Italian Feet. At least that's what I would do.
    And it's all because Obama apologizes for America.

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009

You seem to missed the point - They wouldn't buy the rights to not sell it to the same market thats already watching it. Also I stream from Al Jazeera and its in English with British commentators - in fact I look for al jazeera streams for that reason.

You have no idea how it will be run and neither do I, maybe they are awful at business and plan to deprive there main market of the product.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    You seem to missed the point - They wouldn't buy the rights to not sell it to the same market thats already watching it. Also I stream from Al Jazeera and its in English with British commentators - in fact I look for al jazeera streams for that reason.

You have no idea how it will be run and neither do I, maybe they are awful at business and plan to deprive there main market of the product.
    They've been growing their American coverage for the last 5 or 6 years so it wouldn't surprise me if this was a part of some big move to offer Al Jazeera America to major providers like BBC does.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005

Also to the dickhead -

----

View Post

-----

You can give up now.
    You're right, I will.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)