Juventus 2011 demonstrations (1 Viewer)

Jul 28, 2002
We have certain players who clearly are Juve quality. But they are being watered down with such mediocre crap that a past it Toni looks like our most competent striker other than ale obviously.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
:agree:

I said last night, and I'll say it again. I wouldn't shed a tear at any player leaving.
I would.
- Buffon
- Chiellini
- Bonucci
- Sorenson (150K :D)
- Krasic
- Felipe Melo
- Aquilani
- Del Piero
- Nedved (when I see him in the stands I re-live so many joyful moments in my head)

I would cry if we lose them :D

I'll repeat myself but I feel this Juve squad is superiour to many Serie A sides. Only Inter have a better squad. I don't think Marotta did a bad job, if anything with the limited funds we have buikd a competitve squad. It's Delneri that needs to be out first.

PiN7uRiCCHi0

Aug 18, 2010
I'll repeat myself but I feel this Juve squad is superiour to many Serie A sides. Only Inter have a better squad. I don't think Marotta did a bad job, if anything with the limited funds we have buikd a competitve squad. It's Delneri that needs to be out first.
the fault is not entirely Delneri's. Marotta too made some costly mistakes during his two mercatos as a sporting director.

true, he signed some talented young players, but he never atrracted players who would suit Delneri's sytem. he failed to adress some crucial gaps in Juve's formation.
we have no adequate left winger, no proper fullbacks.

Aquilani is clearly overworked in midfield having to both attack and defend at the same intensity and it is clear that he lacks the defensive qualities needed for that role that Delneri plays him. Aqua covers too much ground and often isn't contributing enough in attack because he has to do too much closing down and covering in defence. there is some huge gap between the midfield and the attack. the forwards are often found isolated but in the same time there is no movement from them and the midfielders have no other option but to pass back to the defence or lauch some long balls.

but there are even more problems with the fullback positions. both fullbacks are offering no real support in attack for the wingers, thus leaving Krasic/Pepe/Martinez, or whoever else plays, up against two opposition players. the ball is not moved quick enough in attack so the opposition has all the time to regroup and we find no space to attack.

these are just some things i noticed from our last matches so thank you both Delneri and Marotta for this mess you put us into!

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
the fault is not entirely Delneri's. Marotta too made some costly mistakes during his two mercatos as a sporting director.

true, he signed some talented young players, but he never atrracted players who would suit Delneri's sytem. he failed to adress some crucial gaps in Juve's formation.
we have no adequate left winger, no proper fullbacks.

Aquilani is clearly overworked in midfield having to both attack and defend at the same intensity and it is clear that he lacks the defensive qualities needed for that role that Delneri plays him. Aqua covers too much ground and often isn't contributing enough in attack because he has to do too much closing down and covering in defence. there is some huge gap between the midfield and the attack. the forwards are often found isolated but in the same time there is no movement from them and the midfielders have no other option but to pass back to the defence or lauch some long balls.

but there are even more problems with the fullback positions. both fullbacks are offering no real support in attack for the wingers, thus leaving Krasic/Pepe/Martinez, or whoever else plays, up against two opposition players. the ball is not moved quick enough in attack so the opposition has all the time to regroup and we find no space to attack.

these are just some things i noticed from our last matches so thank you both Delneri and Marotta for this mess you put us into!
Spot on he fucked up did some good things do, the worst part is that we are exactly the same as last year in total points and others, so in other words there wasn't a real need for a revolution.

He doesn't sack his homeboy Delneri and that's the worst, I don't think we would be worse off with someone like Lippi or Gentile.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
As I was watching the match and texting Andy during the process, something happened to me near the end of that match that has never happened before during a domestic league match.

I laid on my couch, and I cried.

A 41 year old man, the same man who has beena supporter of Juventus since he was 6 years old, cried on his couch.

There have been some heartbreaking losses that have happened during previous championshiop campaigns that would make one want to cry, but this was different.

Those teams of the past, even when they lost some important matches in their chase for the scudetto, at least gave everything that they had. They were beaten because, in the end, they were not the better team that day, whether on paper or on the pitch.

I saw a team that gave up on themselves, and their fans.

I don't ask juventus to be the best team in the world every single year, no team can be that, especially in the new landscape and economy of modern football. That is a dream that more often than not is simply unattainable in this day and age, regardless of what team that you are.

But this team doesn't even seem to try anymore. They just don't. I realize that I am not a shareholder, and really the only investments that I have made to the cause are buying jerseys, posters, other types of souveniers, and buying tickets for matches when they come to the U.S.

I shouldn't have such an emotional attachment to a team, but I do in this case.

I feel as if this team is not olnly letting myself down, but my mother down, my deceased grandparents down, and my deceased great grandfather down as well. Members of my family who have been Juventus Supporters since the 1930's.

I don't claim, or would never claim, to be an expert on everything Juventus, or even football in general. My time is somewhat divided between Juve, the Montreal Canadiens, the Lakers, 49ers, Dodgers, and USC Football.

But the difference between them and Juve, with the exception of the Canadiens, is that my affection for these teams were not passed down as a gift from a generation or 4 long ago.

This is why my heart hurts. This is why I schedule my Saturday afternoon or Sunday mornings or afternnon around Juventus. Because in my heart, I'm carrying on a tradition that was passed down to me, and I feel that I have to suffer, for myself, and for my family, because I will not,and refuse to be, the one who breaks the chain between my family and our connection with Juve.

I don't know what to do. I really wish I had the answers. I really wish it were as simple as firing Del Neri, and bringin in another coach in the hopes of giving them a spark. But this didn't work last year either.

I can't understand how a team can beat Milan, and Inter in the domestic league, yet have some of the most inexplicable performances against inferior squads that yes, this current Juve, should be able to manhandle.

They broke my heart yesterday, they really did. Not just because they lost, but they just don't seem to care anymore.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
As I was watching the match and texting Andy during the process, something happened to me near the end of that match that has never happened before during a domestic league match.

I laid on my couch, and I cried.

A 41 year old man, the same man who has beena supporter of Juventus since he was 6 years old, cried on his couch.

There have been some heartbreaking losses that have happened during previous championshiop campaigns that would make one want to cry, but this was different.

Those teams of the past, even when they lost some important matches in their chase for the scudetto, at least gave everything that they had. They were beaten because, in the end, they were not the better team that day, whether on paper or on the pitch.

I saw a team that gave up on themselves, and their fans.

I don't ask juventus to be the best team in the world every single year, no team can be that, especially in the new landscape and economy of modern football. That is a dream that more often than not is simply unattainable in this day and age, regardless of what team that you are.

But this team doesn't even seem to try anymore. They just don't. I realize that I am not a shareholder, and really the only investments that I have made to the cause are buying jerseys, posters, other types of souveniers, and buying tickets for matches when they come to the U.S.

I shouldn't have such an emotional attachment to a team, but I do in this case.

I feel as if this team is not olnly letting myself down, but my mother down, my deceased grandparents down, and my deceased great grandfather down as well. Members of my family who have been Juventus Supporters since the 1930's.

I don't claim, or would never claim, to be an expert on everything Juventus, or even football in general. My time is somewhat divided between Juve, the Montreal Canadiens, the Lakers, 49ers, Dodgers, and USC Football.

But the difference between them and Juve, with the exception of the Canadiens, is that my affection for these teams were not passed down as a gift from a generation or 4 long ago.

This is why my heart hurts. This is why I schedule my Saturday afternoon or Sunday mornings or afternnon around Juventus. Because in my heart, I'm carrying on a tradition that was passed down to me, and I feel that I have to suffer, for myself, and for my family, because I will not,and refuse to be, the one who breaks the chain between my family and our connection with Juve.

I don't know what to do. I really wish I had the answers. I really wish it were as simple as firing Del Neri, and bringin in another coach in the hopes of giving them a spark. But this didn't work last year either.

I can't understand how a team can beat Milan, and Inter in the domestic league, yet have some of the most inexplicable performances against inferior squads that yes, this current Juve, should be able to manhandle.

They broke my heart yesterday, they really did. Not just because they lost, but they just don't seem to care anymore.
:tup:

Great post, brother.

Indeed, they don't seem to care anymore. Whether it's just a few certain players bringing the whole side down, or the manager has lost the players, I'm not sure. But this is one of the biggest problems we face.

It's not easy to say, but if we devoted our time and money to building a good young team after Calciopoli, we might have more hungry players in the squad. Some individuals on the team, I won't mention names, seem to be content just playing for Juventus instead of winning with Juventus. So that sort of mentality needs to change.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
We don't need young players, we need 26-31 players who are in their prime and have experience.
btw Youth squad players are hugely overrated.
We've been signing all sorts of those players. Where has it gotten us? Absofuckinglutely nowhere.

Tiagos, Almirons, Tonis, Barzaglis... keep em all. Bring in some young guns and groom them into solid players who care about the team instead of these clowns.

electricRoo

Feb 27, 2011
Young youth players are mostly an idealization. People like the idea of the story of a group of boys coming through their ranks, overcoming hardships, become the best in the world and go on to win endless titles. Reality doesn't really match that, not even Barca is like that so I don't know why everybody suggests that all the time.

mfdoom

Dec 18, 2010
We've been signing all sorts of those players. Where has it gotten us? Absofuckinglutely nowhere.

Tiagos, Almirons, Tonis, Barzaglis... keep em all. Bring in some young guns and groom them into solid players who care about the team instead of these clowns.
I meant quality 26-31 players, not has-beens or never-weres.

OP
Fake Melo

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
  • Thread Starter #78
    Sportmediaset reckon a new triad will take over at Juve led by Luciano Moggi with Lippi as technical director and Conte as 1st team coach.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007

I'd wait, but I don't see many waiting another few years for this project to bear fruit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)