Juve want Morientes and Puyol (5 Viewers)

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by A_LAcki ] ++
Puyol is a great player, and also a very versaitile (spelling!) one. Morientes could replace Trezeguet, but Gilardino looks a bit better at the moment!
I think Morientes is better than Gilardino

May 17, 2003
I don't know why you guise are doubting Morientes so much (apart from the fact that he's Spanish). IMO Morientes is a hell lot better than trezeguet, and wwwwwaaaayyyy more experienced than Gilardino. He's got excellent aerial skills, better on the ground than trez (HE CAN DRIBBLE) , and plays basically the same position. I would love to see Morientes come. On Puyol, I don't think that Barca are STUPID enough to give up their best defender and captain+cash for Trez. THAT WOULD BE TOTAL STUPIDITY.
Plus I can't recall any spanish DEFENDERS playing in Serie A in previous years....

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
morientes would be good,of course,he's got a great finish and is vastly experienced.and yes, he can dribble;)

but cavenaghi,zlatan and gilardino are about 7 years younger than he is.

Ahmed_

Bench Warmer
Dec 23, 2002
Morientes was never tested in a league with a strong defense… Look at him in France; he is scoring much in the league. And he is old :D
Gilardino is the man for now and the future :cool:

May 17, 2003
ok..I guess his age is a problem for you guisse.. I agree he aint as young as the other alternatives..But personally i would rather see Zlatan or Cave playing for us, rather that Gilardino..I don't know why..I like him, but, i don't think he will stand playing for us..

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
yup.besides there's no guarantee that by the time morientes retires/leaves(about 4 years of good football left in him now,i reckon) there'll be a top youngster to pick up from where he left off.by then zlatan,cave and gilardino will most probably have left for greener pastures and would be highly difficult to acquire.

Ahmed_

Bench Warmer
Dec 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by only_juve_4ever ] ++
ok..I guess his age is a problem for you guisse.. I agree he aint as young as the other alternatives..But personally i would rather see Zlatan or Cave playing for us, rather that Gilardino..I don't know why..I like him, but, i don't think he will stand playing for us..
Why???
He knows serie a since he was 18 ... Now he is showing what he can do
He scored against Roma and Milan while they were at their best.
He scores and makes assists, too.
He is much better than Cavenaghi and Zlatan

May 17, 2003
I see.. Well, i suppose so..
I think wat i men is i would rather see our style of play change..Not like the one rite now with Trez getting served. That would be the case with Gilardino too right? I mean he aint much of a dribbler...Most of his goals are served by the mid.. Can't create their own chances like Zlatan or Cavenaghi.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
i wouldn't say that.

they are about on par,all good in their own strengths.

cavenaghi is a huge nuisance to the defence,makes the best 1-2s and is very very clinical with his chances.exploits the offside trap's weaknesses like a pro.

gilardino throws in the occasional bit of flair(remember his goal against roma?outstanding:cool:) and is a danger from anywhere,in or outside the box.very quick to react too.

zlatan has more flair than the two,falls back into midfield whenever necessary and links up well.he scores less but is more capable of scoring beauties than the other two.

May 17, 2003
Exactly(about the players)...
But i wouldn't say those three players are on par.
BTW, i don't know how he scored against Roma...How was it?
And has he scored a smasher from out side of the penalty area? Coz i can't recall of any..

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by only_juve_4ever ] ++
Exactly(about the players)...
But i wouldn't say those three players are on par.
BTW, i don't know how he scored against Roma...How was it?
And has he scored a smasher from out side of the penalty area? Coz i can't recall of any..
yes a couple of really good ones:cool:

against roma,he recieved the ball at the edge of the box and flicked it up to chest height first time,then volleyed it straight into goal without waiting for it to bounce.one of the most classy goals i've seen this season.

OP
The Arif

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
  • Thread Starter #40
    if agreement between juventus and barcelona is reached, then we will get puyol + at least 15 mil for trez..

if we get puyol, we must sell thuram.

and if we exchange thuram with morientes, we will still have 15 mil left from selling of trez.

and with 15 mil we can buy zlatan, gilardino or cavenaghi ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)