Juve vs Reggina - Maresca (1 Viewer)

dreamer

Aug 7, 2003
Opinion: The best and the rest (Week 21)

The best
Enzo Maresca (Juventus)
The young Italian wins our praise this week for his performances against Inter in the Coppa Italia and against Reggina where he scored the only goal. He's a complete player - he has great technique and determination. It?s a shame that he plays so rarely for the Old Lady.

channel 4

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Is Maresca really a direct replacement for Nedved though? His game is different from Nedved's, and if anything we should sign a new playmaker and have Marseca competing with Tacchi and Appiah for their positions.

btw what are we gonna shorten Maresca's name to? We have Neddy, Tacchi and DP... Mare sounds too horsey and Mar sounds too Asian. I say "resc" :D

Aug 1, 2003
I like Maresca, but I still felt Miccoli was better that night though he came on as a sub :D

But all credit goes to him. Did anyone see his first miss? that was horrible, thank god we won or else I'd blame him for one whole week

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
what about just calling him Enzo or Enz?

he is a starter now. there is no doubt about that. only appiah is going to give him opposition, but sooner or later, lippi will realise that he appiah and maresca are both needed.

i dont think he'll leave. he was being offered in the deal to get stankovic, which kind of made sense. but now that dejan is at inter, maresca is staying for sure.

and besides, juve need money to buy players. nedved will give 30 plus million and he is 32 years old this season. moggi is more likely to sell him.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Maresca did well against Reggina. He is a very curious player...because he seems to be those kind of players who dont know what they are doing...but if you see carefully he have good technike but i think that he still has a lot to learn.
I dont think that he is ready to take nedved´s role...because nedved ais much more agressive than him, and maresca have to work on his long shots :)

But He is a veyr good player in our team for sure! :thumb:

Monkfish

Jun 14, 2003
I was wondering, does anyone know why Lippi brought him off against Reggina?

The crowd certainly didn't like it.

Was he being kept fresh, or did he pick up a knock or what? Surely it wasn't tactical. If it was I don't understand it, it seems like he was on there to create or get the goal, as soon as Juve were winning he was brought off and Appiah on to protect the lead. A very cynical approach.

Why do we need Appiah, Conte and Tacchi on the pitch at the same time? All defensive midfielders (Conte is now he's older, he can't go charging forward too much like the old days) with minimal creative ability. If Appiah is going to play, then at least play him instead of Tacchi, I've never been too sure of tacchi and his performances have been very poor. He gives the ball away way too much. We need a quality defensive midfielder just as much as we need to strengthen the defence.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
i think maresca has better attacking ability than tacchi/appiah. if he is every to replace them he has to play a real midfield-role rather than a mostly-defensive one, where he can both attack and defend.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
++ [ originally posted by [LAC] ] ++
i think maresca has better attacking ability than tacchi/appiah. if he is every to replace them he has to play a real midfield-role rather than a mostly-defensive one, where he can both attack and defend.
this is why appiah and maresca should play together in midfield. and if we were to move nedved in that three man midfield, with his work rate, the midfield would be better in my opinion. it would have everything it needs. And we could field del piero, miccoli and trezeguet at the time.

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Monkfish ] ++
I was wondering, does anyone know why Lippi brought him off against Reggina?
i dont really know, but i think it was to rest him. coz he played 120mins against inter in coppa italia

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Maresca has really impressed me,he's a complete player,very strong technically and he can play as a DM and as a playmaker.

Jul 28, 2002
Enzo is rapidly becoming one of my fav playrs, because he is something rare, a young player that is being given time to play for juve. This is important because quite often a real champion emerge, we never kno, enzo's ksil may one day be converted into a real world class player. U jus never kno.

alex_samatar

Feb 16, 2004
we r the best team of italy and i can say the best team of the world we have 27 scudeto we will win this scudeto and uefa champions league i support only pianconero and i can't support another team because juve is the best

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)