Juve to sacrifice Trez? (1 Viewer)

Romano

May 22, 2004
David Trezeguet could be the next high profile player to be sold by Juventus, according to reports.

Whispers claim that the Bianconeri will consider selling the forward if a suitable offer is tabled in the summer.

Although Trezeguet only extended his contract until 2008 in July, the club could sacrifice him in order to balance the books.

It is believed that the Italian outfit are assessing a sale after coping so well without him so far this term.

Although the Frenchman started the campaign brightly, he’s been ably substituted by Zlatan Ibrahimovic following shoulder surgery in recent months.

Barcelona and Arsenal are just two clubs who have been strongly associated with the ace in the past.

Juventus are not new to selling star players after releasing the likes of Roberto Baggio, Christian Vieri and Zinedine Zidane in the last decade.

Meanwhile, the former Monaco player could be replaced by another Principality forward. Shabani Nonda, 27, is available on a free transfer and has been hotly linked.

"I think that the right moment has arrived to move to Italy," he stated. "Juventus have always been a dream club for me."

Trezeguet is expected to be available for selection again towards the end of January.

-----

I almost must cry when I hear this.
Trezeguet is a master in finishing, please God don't sell him :(

Buy on AliExpress.com

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
well i don't.he's a superb finisher all right,but a hundred other strikers could do more in terms of team play and creating chances.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
Yeah, but I don't think that Nonda is the right player to replace Trezeguet...Maybe Zalayeta, but not Trezegol for Gods sake!
If we are going to sell Trez, I want us to buy Gilardino or another fine finisher..

allrounder

Jan 3, 2003
my favorit to replace trezegol is: DIMITAR BERBATOV, young starlet from bayer leverkusen, he reminds me of gilardino but more technical and smarter than the italian guy...

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
TBH, after buying Zlatan, I'm more unwilling to let go of Trez than before. IMO, Zlatan and Trez would be a perfect partnership, better than DP-Zlatan or DP-Trez.

But I wouldnt mind him leaving if we got, say, Gilardino as replacement.

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
gilardino is set to join Milan, well that's what they've been saying

trez for nonda? no thanks! agree with Zlatan, Trez - Z wud be a perfect marriage :D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I would not say we are "coping well" without Trezeguet. The team lacks a predator in the box without Trezeguet, and it would be a stupid move to throw him away for Shabani Nonda.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
The guy that wrote the original article in Italy is anti-Juve so don't put much into it.

If it were to be true Moggi would replace him with a top notch player. He always does.

djleli

Aug 12, 2004
no the news is true, lets hope that it does not happen. You know moggi. He makes 5 great signings and makes 1 big f*u*c*k --> great examples are
Juventus are not new to selling star players after releasing the likes of Roberto Baggio, Christian Vieri and Zinedine Zidane in the last decade.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by djleli ] ++
no the news is true, lets hope that it does not happen. You know moggi. He makes 5 great signings and makes 1 big f*u*c*k --> great examples are
The sale of Zidane brought us our last two Scudettos. Without that sale, we could not have bought Nedved, Thuram, and Buffon, possibly our three most important players today. The sale of Zidane was very smart, and that is undeniable.

djleli

Aug 12, 2004
yeah it was a very smart move but i wish that it could be another player that is sacrificed because we need stars in our team, such as zidane trezeqe etc thy make our play more intresting and more dangerous

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)