Juve to poach Mexes? (2 Viewers)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Juve to poach Mexes?
Monday 31 May, 2004

Juventus may be on the verge of intercepting Roma’s proposed move for Phillipe Mexes.

The Frenchman held talks with the Giallorossi last week where he agreed to a summer switch if a fee was sorted out between the two clubs.

However, he may now be having second thoughts after Fabio Capello, who he spoke with, left for Juventus on Friday.

That could now see the Auxerre stopper move to the Stadio Delle Alpi outfit who have also expressed an interest.

Capello is understood to have told the Bianconeri hierarchy that he likes the look of the defender who could strengthen a shaky Juve defence.

Meanwhile, whispers in the peninsula insist that Juventus have agreed terms with Udinese for Marek Jankulovski.

The 27-year-old has been linked with the Turin giants for some time and a fee is believed to have been ironed out.

The Friuli side will net £3.5m plus the co-ownership of Messina full-back Alessandro Parisi - who will be signed by Juve this summer.

The Czech international, who should feature for his country at Euro 2004, had also been linked with Inter, Roma and Parma.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Romano

May 22, 2004
Just read it on Football Italia...
Really, that is such a great deal from Juve.

Zebina is a good defender, he is 1.90m and is good for heading, and comming forward with corners.

Mexes is good in everything :) I like him very much

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
Excellent.

But if Capello knew he was coming to Juve, why did Roma still bid for Mexes? Perhaps because Sensi wants him even more than Capello?

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #7
    I love the sound of this article. We're going to pip Roma to Mexes' signature, get Jankulovski as well as Parisi, and send him to Udinese for a season or two. Come on Moggi, make this happen.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
    I would send Parisi only out for one season at first, he is already 26 or 27.

If he turns out to be crap, sell him completely to Udinese, or loan him out for another season.

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++
    wow, as it seems, welcome jankulovski and mexes :)
    hehe, in that case how many times did U say Welcome Prandelli and change it 2 Welcome Deschamps and so on! ;)

but I hope the part about Mexès is true...
    About Jankulovski, really don't care...

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #15
    ++ [ originally posted by Dominic ] ++
    ------------Buffon
    Zebina Thuram Mexes Jankulovski

:cool:.

To be honest though, Birindelli might still be better than Zebina.
    I was thinking: Buffon - Thuram, Mexes, Ferrari - Zambrotta, Emerson, Maresca, Jankulovski - Nedved - Vieri, Del Piero

Zambrotta and Jankulovski are perfect for attacking wing back roles where they get forward and then back down the flanks to help out the defence. If Nedved leaves I'd play Maresca in the trequartista role and let Tacchinardi, Appiah, Blasi or Brighi take the centre midfield position.

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #17
    ++ [ originally posted by Dominic ] ++
    I would send Parisi only out for one season at first, he is already 26 or 27.

If he turns out to be crap, sell him completely to Udinese, or loan him out for another season.
    3.5m + half of Parisi is a bargain imo, and one of the beauties of it is that if Parisi succeeds we can easily purchase Udinese's half of him, and if he sucks, we can simply sell him to the Fruili outfit.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

I was thinking: Buffon - Thuram, Mexes, Ferrari - Zambrotta, Emerson, Maresca, Jankulovski - Nedved - Vieri, Del Piero

Zambrotta and Jankulovski are perfect for attacking wing back roles where they get forward and then back down the flanks to help out the defence. If Nedved leaves I'd play Maresca in the trequartista role and let Tacchinardi, Appiah, Blasi or Brighi take the centre midfield position.
    Very nice although I still can't see getting both Mexes and Ferrari. I doubt Moggi would even try that.

I like the rest of your ideas.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004

3.5m + half of Parisi is a bargain imo, and one of the beauties of it is that if Parisi succeeds we can easily purchase Udinese's half of him, and if he sucks, we can simply sell him to the Fruili outfit.

yeah that's great :extatic:

btw, what's your source Stuart?

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004

Eh.. sorry If i wasn't clear.. but I AGREE with that.
    I just thought we should loan(partially own...) only out for one season instead of two, sell if he sucks, buy completely if he is good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)