Juve to lose their stripes + possible new away kit (2 Viewers)

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
No more logo changes please, enough already

As for the jersey, I'm pretty sure we'll be playing with the stripes next season..

How many people here seriously believe we'll be wearing that ridiculous half white half black jersey proposed by NIKE?

I refuse to believe that our directors will allow such a disaster to occur!

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Jem83 said:
No more logo changes please, enough already

As for the jersey, I'm pretty sure we'll be playing with the stripes next season..

How many people here seriously believe we'll be wearing that ridiculous half white half black jersey proposed by NIKE?

I refuse to believe that our directors will allow such a disaster to occur!
Everyone was saying that no way Nike will make us wear yellow or red away jerseys. Everyone was saying that no way Nike will take away the blue or even the pink that everyone liked, but hey, what happened? They made us wear a jersey like the Swedish national team (no offence intended) and a red jersey that looks like a team of 12 year olds.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Indeed they did, but this here I just refuse to believe..

I've seen many weird away jerseys in my time, but never in my life have I seen a huge club like Juventus being stripped of it's IDENTITY.

I'll be packing heat if this happens, seriously

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
We should email this thread to Nike, just give them a glimpse of how their jersey sales would be if they decided to take this forward....:D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
- vOnAm - said:
Don't blame Nike?
Blame our directors?

Its the same'ol US policy...economic pressure, pressure, pressure.

I bet if we do accept this, then its becuase Nike put alot of pressure with their 12 year bargaining power....

Although I don't see any bad intentions of Nike to change our design since its in their interest to make our shirts sellable....they just don't have RESPECT
Please...you simply cannot blame a seperate entity such as Nike for proposing new products for the purpose of trying to make a profit with product differentiation. The final decision rests on the shoulders of our directors and if Nike fails to comply they are breaching the terms of the contract. Blaming Nike for offering a new product and not our directors for accepting the deal is similar to blaming a gun manufacturer for the murder of the man you just killed.

That said, Nike is indeed a despicable company and their products are as cheap as the knockoffs found in China Town Manhatten. Them, along with Tamoil, really give our jerseys a little shade of uglieness.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Jem83 said:
Indeed they did, but this here I just refuse to believe..

I've seen many weird away jerseys in my time, but never in my life have I seen a huge club like Juventus being stripped of it's IDENTITY.

I'll be packing heat if this happens, seriously
Well I dont want to sound pesimistic, but Atletico Madrid has alredy accept the change, they will not wear strips next season.

I hope Juve can show more identity and dont change it.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Andy said:
Please...you simply cannot blame a seperate entity such as Nike for proposing new products for the purpose of trying to make a profit with product differentiation. The final decision rests on the shoulders of our directors and if Nike fails to comply they are breaching the terms of the contract. Blaming Nike for offering a new product and not our directors for accepting the deal is similar to blaming a gun manufacturer for the murder of the man you just killed.

That said, Nike is indeed a despicable company and their products are as cheap as the knockoffs found in China Town Manhatten. Them, along with Tamoil, really give our jerseys a little shade of uglieness.
I didn't say our directors would have no power or blame Andy :D, but you gotta think that Nike, although doesn't have formal powers, have quite an influence...coz we are stuck with them for 12 years (if Im not mistaken)....

So what Im saying is if I killed some one because my manufacturer wanted me to and they would be less willing to ship me more guns (which I need to protect myself from the waking zombies at the Delle Alpi pitch) in the future if I don't

But seriously, we'll have to see whether the Directos conceed or not...like our red shirt perhaps...I would really hate to lose our stripes...but I guess a fair argument would be that Juve didn't start off as the stripes team anyways..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)